About the Western Cape Provincial Treasury
The Western Cape Provincial Treasury is a governmental establishment that is responsible for looking over the financial matters happening within the Western Cape area. As a integral department that oversees the socio-economic activities in the areas, the treasury is key to offering the necessary strategies to implement the right financial acts to benefit members of local communities. The treasury continues to set a good example of what economic development should look like, by instilling good governance, and becoming a rising standard for people in the vast province.
About the Western Cape Provincial Treasury Bursaries 2023
Western Cape Provincial Treasury is giving out financial assistance in the form of bursaries for young South African students with great academic potential. The Western Cape Provincial Treasury Bursaries is a wonderful chance for folks who are pursuing in study fields that are recognised as critical skills in the country. The bursaries are currently open for Grade 12 learners, undergraduate students, and post-graduate students.
If you are planning to pursued these future careers, feel free to register for the bursaries:
- Information Sciences
- Supply Chain Management
- Built Environment & Project Management
- Data Science
If you find this to be a suitable opportunity for you, don’t hesitate to register for the Western Cape Provincial Treasury Bursaries.
Are you interested in registering for the Western Cape Provincial Treasury Bursaries? Then you’re on the right path! First off, take a look at the eligibility criteria below before getting started with your applications. These are the things that the selection committee will take note of when filtering their candidates for applications. The more requirements you meet, the higher your chances of getting accepted by the programme. Make sure you jot down all these items for your personal reference.
The Western Cape Provincial Treasury Bursaries Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
- Officially recognised as a citizen of South Africa
- Currently residing in the areas of Western Cape
- Currently between 17-35 years old
- Completed/currently in Matric
- Studying/intend on studying full-time
- You must studying/intend on studying at a recognised & accredited tertiary institution
- Has received an average aggregate score of at least 65% or higher from the prior academic year at high school or university
- Is not receiving any external bursary programmes
- If you are a postgraduate registrant: must obtain a B. Degree in any one of the target study courses mentioned above
- People with Disabilities are more than welcomed to register for the bursary.
Apply online: Western Cape Provincial Treasury Bursaries 2023.
Skims through all of the boxes on the online application portal provided above. Be sure to understand what information you should provide to the selection committee.
Please be kindly informed that the personal information you provide will be utilised by the selection committee for registration purposes. Any false information could potentially put you in a risky position. Therefore, be sure to double check the details you include on your applications.
In addition to the online application form, please provide the following documents:
- A certified copy of your Identity Document
- A comprehensive letter of motivation
- A copy of acceptance letter issued by your respective institution/proof of application from your tertiary institution
- A certified copy of your household income/affidavit/any statements that indicates your income
- Proof of residential address
- Certified copy of High school academic records/Matric certificate
- Copy of Parent/Guardian/Sponsor ID document
- Proof of residential address of Parent/Guardian/Sponsor.
All these documents should be uploaded onto the online portal. Incomplete applications will be rejected by the selection committee.
Submissions must be processed through the online portal. Anyone found to be sending in their applications through external methods like fax or email will not be considered by the selection committee.
Applications for the Western Cape Provincial Treasury Bursaries must be submitted before the closing date on 31 August 2022.
To be considered for the programmes, it’s recommended that you send in your applications way before the closing date. This way, you wouldn’t have to bear the risk of late applications.
Submissions made past the closing date will automatically be disqualified from the registration period. Therefore, be sure you prep your applications as soon as possible.
The Western Cape Provincial Treasury holds all rights to provide anyone with a bursary or not. Please kindly respect any final decisions made by the selection committee.
Do you have a question regarding the Western Cape Provincial Treasury Bursaries? Don’t hesitate to ask! Feel free to send in your enquiries and concerns to the contact person below:
Email Address: [email protected]
Telephone Numbers: +27 21 483 4823 / +27 21 483 6127