About Dis-Chem Pharmacies
Dis-Chem Pharmacies is a renowned line of dispensaries, self-medication centers, clinics, and pharmacies that accommodate a range of sectors. From their humble beginnings in 1978, the establishment has a diverse portfolio that caters to pharmacy, health, FMCG, beauty, as well as baby and wellness clinics. The company is initially based in Joburg, but has managed to expand their presence with 150 stores scattered all over the Southern Africa region. With more than 18 000 employees working full-time and part-time, everyone is equipped with a high level of work knowledge and professionalism to conduct their duties.
The establishment has made a mark by offering credible advice to their loyal customers. The company’s drive to provide ultimate satisfaction has earned them the title of Best Medical Supply Store, Best Pharmacy and Best Health Store in South Africa. Due to their overwhelming popularity, Dis-Chem Pharmacies has earned their spot in the Johannesburg Stock Exchange. Proving themselves as the country’s most trusted specialist in everything that has to do with health, Dis-Chem Pharmcies continues to become loyal suppliers to fulfill the needs of the general public.
About Dis-Chem Pharmacies Job Vacancy as Cashier 2021
Dis-Chem Pharmacies is looking for experienced cashiers to fill in the company’s job vacancy as a cashier in various stores all over South Africa. The Dis-Chem Pharmacies Job Vacancy as Cashier is a wonderful opportunity that lets you work directly in the pharmaceutical retail industry. Selected cashiers are expected to possess the same high level professionalism as other employees in the company. As cashier, your main task is to provide necessary support for customer service and ensure that customers receive their quality shopping experience. Additionally, cashiers must record all transactions, prevent inaccuracies, and tending to the possibility of fraud risks.
As a part-time cashier for Dis-Chem Pharmacies, you will be entitled to several employee benefits to support your journey. These remunerations include:
- Generous salary (market-related)
- Provident fund
- Medical assistance
- Personal staff account
As a Dis-Chem Pharmacies Cashier, you will be assigned with these following responsibilities:
- Registering all transactions with every purchase
- Understanding a variety of payment methods (e.g. bank cards, coupons, vouchers, etc.)
- Tending to customers using Dis-Chem Pharmacies’ Loyal Cards
- Being familiar with the company’s accelerator partners (e.g. Medihelp Lifestage, Discovery, Health Care, Legacy Lifestyle, etc)
- Ensuring confidentially in regards to the store’s daily earnings
- Processing any possible goods that are returned by customers (with prior approval)
- Checking the store’s cash flow responsibly
- Creating professional relationships with their incoming customers
- Answering questions and concerns that are related to the store merchandise
- Following Dis-Chem Pharmacies’ standards of procedures.
The Dis-Chem Pharmacies Job Vacancy as Cashier is available for candidates who meet the company’s standards. To apply for a position, candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria that comes with the job vacancy. Each of these items are used by the selection committee to fully assess their candidates on a fair basis. Failure to meet everything will put you in a disadvantageous position during the registration proceure.
The Dis-Chem Pharmacies Job Vacancy as Cashier Eligibility Criteria are as listed below:
1. Basic Requirements
- Possess a Grade 12/Matric qualification
- Prior working experience as cashier/till operations for at least 6 months
- Displays computer literacy in MS Office
- Proven fluency in written and spoken English
- Prepared to work irregular hours (retail hours)
- Has strong capabilities in numeracy
- Shows a foundation in customer service
- Optional but advantageous: additional third language.
2. Working Attributes
- Knows how to use a cash register and cash drawers
- Previously skills in processing payments, transactions, and refunds
- Keen eye for details
- High level of accuracy
- Aware of their social surroundings
- Takes responsibility of their own actions
- Can be relied upon with responsibilities
- Manages their time in a punctual manner
- Solves their problems in an effective manner
- Maintain emotional intelligence.
3. Specific Requirements
- Officially recognized as a citizen of South Africa
- Can work irregular hours (retail hours)
- Clear from any criminal and credit track records
- Has their own reliable mode of transporation
- Living nearby the designated store.
- Dis-Chem Pharmacies Job Vacancy as Cashier 2021 (Potchefstroom, North West)
- Dis-Chem Pharmacies Job Vacancy as Cashier 2021 (Vereeniging, Gauteng)
- Dis-Chem Pharmacies Job Vacancy as Cashier 2021 (Brits, North West)
- Dis-Chem Pharmacies Job Vacancy as Cashier 2021 (Rustenburg, North West)
Once you have reached the application portal, candidates are required to fill in the provided queries with accurate personal information. You will also be asked to upload several supporting documents, which includes a profile photo of yourself, your most updated Curriculum Vitae, Identity Document, Driver’s License, transcripts, and passport.
Applications must be processed online. Candidates discovered to be sending in their applications through other methods, such as e-mail or fax, will not be regarded by the selection committee.
Applications for the Dis-Chem Pharmacies Job Vacancy as Cashier must be sent before the closing date on 25 & 27 August 2021.
The selection committee does not tolerate any late applications. Since there is still ample time to register before the closing date, it is highly encouraged that you process your applications as early as possible. This will allow you to double check any qualifications or documents that might be missing in your application dossiers.
Announcements will only be made to candidates who are shortlisted by the committee. Should you not receive any notifications within two (2) weeks past the application deadline, we regret to inform you that you have not been selected for the vacancy.
Please be kindly informed that Dis-Chem Pharmacies will be adhering to their Equal Opportunity policies during the recruitment process. The purpose behind this is to promote diversity and equality within their working staff. Therefore, People with Disabilities are more than encouraged to give this job vacancy a shot if you wish to register.