About AFGRI Agri Services
AFGRI Agri Services is a prominent business entity the focuses on providing high quality agricultural services. In addition to their main responsibilities, the company also serves as a reliable partner towards most other companies in agriculture, offering across the full grain production and storage cycle. AFGRI Agri Services’ main goals it to unleash the potential that’s within the agricultural industry in the country – not just within the South African regions, but also throughout the entire continent. Using heir extensive and in-depth knowledge of agriculture, AFGRI Agri Services treats their responsibilities as a passion instead of a mere job.
About the AFGRI Agri Services Apprenticeship 2021-2024
AFGRI Agri Services is providing an on-the-job apprenticeship for individuals who are looking into working in a variety of departments in the industry. The AFGRI Agri Services Apprenticeship involves both informal training and on-the-job development rotations in interdisciplinary teams, as well as a formal training component. A three-year in-service training experience will be provided throughout this apprenticeship, and you will be working towards the Tractor Mechanic certification.
The first six months are conducted as part of your probation period. During this time period, either party may withdraw from the agreement without incurring any penalties. Following that, the apprentice will be bound by an AFGRI contract and will begin his real training. This training consists of the following components:
- Apprentices will attend a Practical Training Institute throughout the various stages of his or her training (if required)
- Apprentices will be written in for N courses required at a College and will study as a distance student throughout this time period (If needed and if available)
- Apprentices will possibly attend courses on Saturdays as well
- Remote learning may be continued as required to complete the course requirements
- Apprentices will attend classes at the John Deere Training Facility in Boksburg.
As an apprentice, you will be asked to perform the following duties:
- Understanding the knowledge and skills required to be a qualified Tractor Mechanic/Technician
- Takes accountability of any stock control
- Perform general work tasks within the work area
- Deliver any maintenance and repair work of all equipment
- Provide excellent customer service.
Position available at the following branches therefore the successfull candidate needs to relocate to the branch:
- Marble Hall
If the apprentice successfully completes the above-mentioned training, there are no training expenses incurred. However, if the apprentice fails, the training must be repeated at the apprentice’s expense.
Every apprentice is obligated to AFGRI for a period of three years under the programme’s contract. If the apprentice decides to leave during the apprenticeship, there will be charges associated with the withdrawal.
The fees will be determined based on the time and stage of the withdrawal process that is chosen. It is anticipated that the apprentice would work his way back through the period it took him to get qualified in the first place. It is not possible to prolong the contract for more than four years. The contract ends if the apprentice has not achieved qualification within four years.
For applications purposes please take note of the AFGRI Agri Services Apprenticeship’s Reference Number: AO-460.
Before submitting your applications for the AFGRI Agri Services Apprenticeship, candidates must first ensure that you meet the required eligibility requirements for the program. Each of the items listed below will determine whether or not you have the necessary qualifications to continue with this apprenticeship. Candidates are strongly recommended to meet all of the prerequisites listed below in order to ensure a successful application. Your applications will suffer negative consequences if you do not complete this step. Ensure that you take note of these points for your own reference.
The following are the eligibility requirements for AFGRI Agri Services Apprenticeships:
1. Basic Requirements
- Has a legitimate Driver’s License
- Displays communication abilities
- Possesses admin skills
- Has a good knowledge of computer literacy
- Owns an N2 qualification with the subjects of Mathematic, Diesel Trade Theory, Engineering
- Science, and Industrial Electronics/Engineering or Technical Drawing/Motor Trade Thoery.
2. Personal Attributes
- Has a high level of motivation
- Good eye for the smallest details
- Works well and effectively with team members
- Driven by their own goals
- Can fulfill deadlines well.
3. Important Note
If you do not own an N2 Qualification, you may provide your Matric Certificate instead. However, your certificate should have the following subjects:
- Technical Science (Minimum score 40%/E-Symbol)
- Engineering Graphics and Design (Minimum score 40%/E-Symbol)
- Technical Mathematics (Not Literacy) (Minimum score 40%/E-Symbol)
- Mathematics (Not Literacy) (Minimum score 40%/E-Symbol)
- Physical Science (Minimum score 40%/E-Symbol)
Candidates who do not have any one of the qualifications mentioned above can choose to pursue their N2 requirement subjects by undergoing through the programme’s Futher Education and Training (sponsored by AFRGI).
To complete this application, you need at least 60 min. Please take your time to complete this application.
Apply online: AFGRI Agri Services Apprenticeship 2021-2024.
On the application portal, please provide your answers on all of the boxes provided. Please be kindly informed that the selection committee has all the rights to assess the information that you provide on your applications.
Therefore, please double check whether the personal information you put into the application form is accurate or not. If your information does not match your current conditions, you will be disqualified from the registration.
Candidates must also upload several documents, such as:
- Your Curriculum Vitae
- A profile picture of yourself
- Relevant qualifications
- Your passport
- Your work permit
Each of these documents must not exceed more than 4MB in size.
Only applications sent through this portal will be evaluated by the selection committee. Submissions done through other methods will immediately be rejected.
Applications for the AFGRI Agri Services Apprenticeship 2021-2024 must be submitted before the closing date on 15 October 2021.
Please send in your applications as soon as possible. It’s advisable that you make your submissions way before the closing date. This will help you give some time to check the contents of your applications.
The selection committee has absolute zero tolerance for late applications. Any applications sent past the deadline, even by just a couple of days, will immediately be rejected.
Announcements will only be made to shortlisted candidates. Should you not hear back from the selection committee within 30 days past the closing date, unfortunately, you are not accepted for the apprenticeship.
The AFGRI Agri Services reserves the rights to make an appointment to anyone interested in this apprenticeship. All decisions made by the selection committee are final.