Unitrans Supply Chain Solutions, or simply referred to as Unitrans, is a South African company that provides extensive services within the transportation and logistics department. Based in Cape Town, Western Cape, Unitrans has a long-standing presence in the Logistics and Supply Chain industry since their formation in 1962. Over the years, the company has helped businesses of various fields get their goods delivered to different locations all over the sub-Saharan regions. By providing reliable supply chain solutions, Unitrans plays a crucial role in unlocking the massive economic potential of the African continent.
Unitrans offers a diverse set of services including transporation, agricultural services, warehousing and distribution, supply chain consulting, freight forwarding and clearing, as well as mining services. All these services accommodate a list of differing sectors, such as chemicals, cement, petroleum and gas, and consumer goods. Employing more than 10 000 employees at the moment, the Unitrans working culture is vibrant, prosperous, and sustainable Employees are committed to making a positive change and provide opportunities in South Africa. At the moment, Unitrans has prided themselves for their BBBEE Level 3 rating, with a 56.66% black shareholding in which 39.7% of them are women.
About the Unitrans General Worker Job Vacancy 2023
Unitrans if providing a fruitful opportunity for South African citizens to register for their job position as a permanent General Worker in the establishment. The Unitrans General Worker Job Vacancy is a wonderful chance for employment seekers who are passionate about working under a supply chains solutions industry. Selected general workers will be assigned to the Consumer Business Unit. Please be aware of the responsibilities that general workers must undertake in their position, which will be explained below.
Note: the Unitrans General Worker 2023 is under Reference Number: UNI231108-2.
The Unitrans Job Vacancy as General Worker is currently available in this location: Hammersdale, KwaZulu-Natal.
General Worker Responsibilities
- Following all of the instructions set by the Supervisor
- Offloading an assortment of products, ranging from frozen goods (e.g. chicken products), to baskets and pallets
- Stacking the goods in an organized manner
- Operating the facilities, such as pallet jack
- Cleaning all the facilities and organizing electrical cables
- Maintaining the quality of products when offloading them
- Making sure that the company reputation is maintained within the presence of a customer
- Guiding the drivers to safely reverse their vehicles
- Tending to housekeeping services
- Fulfilling the client’s needs and procedures.
The Unitrans General Worker Job Vacancy is only available to candidates who can fulfill the eligibility criteria that comes with the position. Each of these items below will determine whether you are qualified and responsible enough for the job tasks at hand. To guarantee a level of acceptance, make sure that you have everything in this list met to attain your employment. Failure to do so can get you disqualified from the application procedure. Check out the requirements below.
The Unitrans General Worker Job Vacancy Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
- Has a Grade 12 qualification
- Familiarity with cleaning chemicals, storage, and disposal procedures
- Proficient in operating heavy cleaning equipment and machinery
- Must pass medical clearance
- No criminal history
- Capable of following instructions from a supervisor
- Physically capable of standing, bending, pushing, pulling, and lifting repeatedly during working hours
- Comply with all safety procedures and regulations
- Own transportation to and from work is essential
- Willingness to work non-traditional hours, including weekends and public holidays
- Exceptional organizational abilities are essential
- Strong interpersonal skills with a team-oriented mindset
- Self-motivated with the ability to complete tasks without supervision.
Apply online Unitrans Job Vacancy as General Worker 2023 at:
- Hammersdale, KwaZulu-Natal (Closing date: 25 November 2023).
Before you can register, you will need to create an account beforehand. Please make sure that you sign up for one in order to proceed with your applications. There are many ways to sign up. You can either sign up with your e-mail, or choose other options such as Google, Facebook, or LinkedIn. Pick whichever option you feel the most comfortable with, and you can immediately register for the job vacancy.
Applications for the Unitrans General Worker Job Vacancy must be submitted before the closing date on 25 November 2023.
Candidates are expected to send in their applications before the closing date. Please be kindly informed that the selection committee will not be acknowledging late applications at all.
Therefore, to ensure a smooth registration process, please do not wait until the last-minute to do your submissions. By registering early, you can anticipate unwanted issues and still have time to get them sorted out. If this opportunity is the right one for you, go ahead and immediately apply.
The Unitrans General Worker Job Vacancy will be adhering to their Employment Equity policies that are applied in their company. This policies will affect both internal and external recruitment procedures. The purpose of having Employment Equity in the company is to promote a sense of diversity and inclusivity within the working force. At the same time, it allows the company to allocate equal opportunities to a wider set of candidates.
Due to this, the selection committee will be prioritizing internal candidates before moving onto external candidates. Once the company’s Employment Equity goals are met, the committee will start filtering external candidates.