About Dis-Chem Pharmacies
Dis-Chem, founded in 1978, has grown to become South Africa’s leading pharmacy chain. Over the years, the establishment has developed their operations by opening up an extensive network of connected dispensaries, family clinics, wound-care clinics, and complete self-medication centers. As a top specialist in beauty, nutritious food, sports supplements, health and well-being, and other related areas, Dis-Chem Pharmacies delivers the most comprehensive selections as well as professional advice.
About the Dis-Chem Pharmacies Job Vacancy as Merchandiser 2023
Dis-Chem Pharmacies has job vacancies for Grade 12 holders as Merchandisers in some different locations. The Dis-Chem Pharmacies Job Vacancy as Merchandiser is a remarkable employment opportunity that will allow you to showcase your customer service abilities while fulfilling professional merchandising standards.
As Merchandiser, you will be required to perform the following duties:
- Restock as needed to maximize sales
- Ensure full product availability at all times
- You’ll be in charge of your allotted stock both in the warehouse and on the shop floor
- Support stock loading and unloading
- Mark products without barcodes clearly
- Back-shopping help
- Aid in new hire training
- Provide polite, helpful, and courteous customer service
- Follow up on all customer out-of-stock queries with the customer service out-of-stock list
- Deal with and resolve all client stock queries
- Always wear the correct uniform and badge
- Keep all products safe to avoid losses
- Observe Dis-Chem policies and procedures, SOPs, and health and safety requirements.
If you have experience working in the Retail sector, the Dis-Chem Pharmacies Job Vacancy as Merchandiser is made for you.
Applicants interested in signing up for the Dis-Chem Pharmacies Job Vacancy as Merchandiser must fulfill an extensive eligibility criteria. Each of these items below will determine whether you’d make a good fit for the vacancy or not. To guarantee acceptance during the registration period, it’s advisable that you meet all these items below. Failure to do so might cause you to lose your applications to another candidate.
The Dis-Chem Pharmacies Job Vacancy as Merchandiser Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
1. Basic Requirements
- Has Grade 12/Matric qualification
- Holds at least 6 months of experience working in retail
- Displays knowledge in basic computer literacy (MS. Office suite)
- Possess a strong fluency in English
- Presents themselves in a professional manner
- Can engage with customers, staff members, and management well
- Has a high level of trustworthiness
- Manages their time well.
- Has one year of experience working in retail
- Knows two languages
- Has a strong understanding of merchandising standards, product and category especially in the FMCG sector
- Can analyse ZMORE reports typically required for stock taking and ordering processes
- Prepared to report and suspicious behaviors to team members.
3. Other Conditions
- Prepared to undergo through retail hours
- Physically healthy to carry heavy items like boxes
- Fulfills health and safety standards
- Has their own reliable method of transportation or lives near to their workplace
- Officially recognised as a citizen of South Africa
- Is clear from any previous credit and criminal track records.
Apply online Dis-Chem Pharmacies Job Vacancy as Merchandiser 2023 at:
- Jeffrey’s Bay, Eastern Cape (closing date: 29 January 2024)
- Cape Town, Western Cape (closing date: 31 January 2024)
- Gqeberha/Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape (closing date: 09 February 2024)
- Hermanus, Western Cape (closing date: 10 February 2024)
- George, Western Cape (closing date: 29 February 2024)
- Johannesburg, Gauteng (closing date: 29 February 2024)
- Paarl, Western Cape (closing date: 29 February 2024).
If you’re interested in the vacancy, please send in your applications through one of the portals above (depending on the location of your choice). Make sure you fill in the boxes with the appropriate information before moving forward.
By submitting your applications, you are granting the selection committee permission to use your personal information for registration purposes.
To ensure the validity of candidates, applications will be submitted to additional screening and verification procedures. Anyone found to be misrepresenting any aspect of their applications would be barred from participating in the registration period.
Candidates must submit their applications using the above-mentioned site. Other methods of submission, such as email or fax, will not be accepted by the selection committee.
Applications for the Dis-Chem Pharmacies Job Vacancy as Merchandiser must be submitted before these closing dates 29 January-29 February 2024.
Candidates should send their requests as quickly. This allows you to assess the contents of your applications appropriately. Please prepare your applications as soon as possible.
Shortlisted candidates will be announced directly by the selection committee. If you do not hear back from the selection committee within 2 weeks past the closing date, we regret to inform you that you have not been accepted by the vacancy.
For late applications, the selection committee has absolute zero tolerance. During the period of registration, submissions filed beyond the closing date will not be accepted.
During recruitment, Dis-Chem Pharmacies reserves the right to make an appointment or not. All the selection committee decisions are final.