About the Compensation Fund
The Compensation Fund is an establishment formed under the Department of Employment and Labour that serves to support individuals who require access to efficient services. The fund is committeed to helping people require financial viability to people who are categorised under COID. With a dedicated staff, the organisation ensures that every single need of their clients are met seamlessly.
About the Compensation Fund Bursary 2022
Compensation Fund is offering financial assistance for bright-minded South African students who are unemployed and suffering of an occupational injury/disease. The Compensation Fund Bursary is an all-inclusive programme that welcomes people of all different backgrounds. As an awardee, you will be provided with the necessary support to chase after your academic qualification. If you display exemplary academic scores and valuable qualities as a student, you are more than encouraged to give this opportunity a shot.
Candidates interested in the programme must be enrolled and accepted into an accredited Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) College, Community Education and Training (CET) College or Higher Education Institution (HEI).
Recipients of the Compensation Fund Bursary will be entitled to coverage for the following items:
- Tuition expenses
- Prescribed study materials
- Monthly allowance
- Accommodation costs.
Awardees of the Compensation Fund Bursary have the choice of renewing their applications every year, throughout the entire duration of the programme. However, the selection committee will need to take a look at the availability of funds and the progress of their applicants’ academic studies.
If you think this programme is suitable for you, feel free to register for the Compensation Fund Bursary.
Candidate who want to be considered for the Compensation Fund Bursary must first meet the requirements for eligibility before submitting their applications. Each of the things listed below will decide whether or not you are qualified to continue with this bursary program. Candidates are strongly encouraged to fulfill all of the criteria listed below in order to ensure a successful application. Your applications will suffer negative repercussions if you do not complete this step. Ensure that you take note of these points for your own reference.
The following are the eligibility requirements for the Compensation Fund Bursary:
1. Basic Requirements
- Officially recognised as a citizen of South Africa
- Currently unemployed
- Has a permanent disability due to occupational injuries/disease
- Recognised as a dependent of COID pensioners/dependents of COID beneficiaries with a permanent disability.
2. Important Note
Preference will be given to candidates who are:
- Are unemployed and suffering of an occupational injury/disease
- Do not have any form of employment
- Dependents of COID pensioners/dependents of COID beneficiaries with a permanent disablement
- Incredible students with outstanding academic track records.
Download application form: Compensation Fund Bursary 2022.
Once you have the application form with you, please skim through all of the form instructions. Make sure you follow everything accordingly so you do not fill in your form incorrectly. Any mistake on your application form could potentially get your application rejected.
In addition to filling in your application form, you must compile the documents below into one dossier:
- Prescribed Learning Resources Quotation (If available)
- Tuition fees quotation
- Pre-entry assessment (Applicable to candidates who exited the mainstream schooling system at Grade 9, having General Education Certificate (GEC) and potential to excel in this programme)
- Fully completed application form
- Proof of acceptance/preliminary acceptance from public Post School Education and Training (PSET) or Higher Education Institution (HEI)
- Proof of residence
- Certified copy of Identity document/unabridged birth certificate of the Applicant Parent(s) or guardians’ Identity document (certified)
- Grade 12 June results/latest academic transcript
- Proof of unemployment letter from Department of Employment and Labour/of Affidavit for
- PWDs Certification and verification of physical disability by a Health Care Professional or Disability Support Office (Applicable to other PWDs)/ WCL forms
- If either of your parents is deceased, please provide a certified copy of the death certificate
COID pension number/COID claim number (COID beneficiaries with a permanent disablement not (yet) classified as COID Pensioners)
- If your parents or legal guardians are working as informal traders, please include an affidavit signed by them to confirm this employment
- Proof of income.
All these documents should be included in your application dossiers. Incomplete dossiers will not be considered for registration.
Once everything is ready, submit your applications via one of the methods below:
Post Office/Courier: The Sub – Directorate: Vocational Rehabilitation, Department of Employment and Labour, Compensation Fund, Private Bag x 955, Pretoria, 0001
Hand Deliver: 167 Thabo Sehume & Madiba Street, Delta Heights Building
Email: [email protected]
By sending in your applications, you are hereby giving permission to the selection committee to have your personal information utilized for registration purposes.
Applications will be subjected to further evaluation and vetting procedures to verify the validity of candidates. Anyone discovered to be falsifying any aspects of their applications will be disqualified from the registration period.
Applications for the Compensation Fund Bursary must be submitted before the closing dates on:
- Phase 1: 30 November 2021
- Phase 2: 29 January 2022
Late applications will not be accepted by the selection committee under any circumstances. Submissions that are received after the closing date will not be recognized during the time of registration.
It is recommended that candidates submit their applications as soon as possible after learning of their selection. You will have more time to fully examine the substance of your applications as a result of this arrangement. Please begin preparing your applications as soon as you get the opportunity.
Announcements will only be made to shortlisted candidates. If you are not contacted by the selection committee within 2 months past the phase 2 closing date, we regret to inform you that you have not been chosen for the programme.
During the recruiting process, the Compensation Fund has the right to arrange an appointment or not to make an appointment. The selecting committee’s judgments are final and binding on all parties involved.
Do you have a question regarding the Compensation Fund Bursary? Don’t hesitate to ask! Feel free to send in your enquiries and concerns to Mr Ntsodi Mafa/Mr Luyolo Fani through the contact information below:
Telephone Number: +27 12 319 9264
Email Address: [email protected]
WhatsApp: +27 82 937 2062