Seriti is led by a board and management team that collectively have considerable and pertinent expertise in the purchase, operation, and growth of large-scale coal operations in the nation, with Dr. Anna Mokgokong and Mike Teke serving as Chair and CEO, respectively. Masimong Group, Thebe Investments, Zungu Investments (Zico), and Community Investment Holdings are four black anchor shareholders that jointly own 91% of the shares of Seriti, a large-scale mining corporation in South Africa (CIH).
With a defined goal of offering Eskom safe, long-term coal supply options to operate its power station fleet, Seriti is now the leading black controlled coal provider. As a business, they are committed to leaving a lasting legacy for both the communities in which they do business and the mining sector as a whole. 10% of their stock has been ring-fenced for the mutual benefit of workers and communities through employee and community trusts to promote this attitude.
About the Seriti Coal Bursaries 2024
Seriti is offering bursary programmes for individuals looking for financial aid to support their tertiary education and their further academic ambitions. The Seriti Coal Bursaries program is inclusive and accepts participants from all socioeconomic levels. You will be given the assistance you need as an awardee to pursue your academic degree. You are more than welcome to try out for this chance if you exhibit excellent academic performance and important traits as a student.
The Seriti Coal Bursaries are available for the following programmes at a University of Science or University of Technology:
- Metallurgy: BSc Eng/BEng/BTech in extractive metallurgy or chemical engineering (2nd, 3rd, 4th year)
- Corporate & Community Relations: BA Communication Science/Public Relations equivalent (final year)
- Electrical (Heavy Current) & Mechanical Engineering: BSc/BEng/NDip/AdvDip (2nd, 3rd, 4th year)
- Survey: Bachelor of Mine Surveying, BTech, NDip (final year)
- Environment: BSc Environmental related/BTech (final year)
- Geology: BTech/BSc Geology (hons)
- Human Resources: Bachelor of Commerce in Human Resource/Labour Law/related qualification (2nd year)
- Rock Engineer: BSc Engineering (Mining)/BSc Geology (hons)/BEng Tech (final year/hons)
- Finance: Bachelor of Commerce in Finance, (2nd year)
- Occupational hygiene (VOHE): BSc Mining/Engineering/BTech Science, (major in Occupational Hygiene) (final year)
For application purposes, please kindly take note of the Seriti Coal Bursaries 2024’s Reference Number: VAR093/23GS – KHT, VAR093/23GS – MMS, & VAR093/23GS – PGS.
Do you believe you possess the necessary qualifications to apply for the Seriti Coal Bursaries? Send in your application as soon as you can, please! However, you must first review the qualifications for the post. These factors will indicate whether or not you’d be a strong candidate. Please glance over the eligibility requirements listed below to see if you meet them. It is advised that you adhere to all of the following times if you want to ensure a greater possibility of success.
The Seriti Coal Bursaries Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
1. Basic Qualifications
- Students who have already enrolled in a tertiary institution that is accredited
- Currently in their second, third, or fourth year of study
- Obtain an average aggregate score of at least 60% or more
- Students enrolled in foundation programs or bridging courses will not be given bursaries
- Valid South African ID
- Copy of academic transcript from 2023
- Concise CV
- Student must succeed in studies
- Obligation to offer vacation time jobs if necessary
- After completing their studies, students must perform work-related obligations
- Particular attention will be given to students from our communities
- No consideration will be given to applicants who are recipients of any other bursary program or funding.
- Potential short-term work experience in the study field (VAC work)
- Knowing and being able to correctly interpret pertinent laws pertaining to the mining industry, including the Mine Health and Safety Act.
Apply online Seriti Coal Bursaries 2024:
- SERITI POWER, KHUTALA COLLIERY, MPUMALANGA
- SERITI POWER, MIDDELBURG MINE SERVICES, MPUMALANGA
- SERITI POWER, PEGASUS COLLIERY, MPUMALANGA.
It is suggested that you use Google Chrome to visit the aforementioned website.
Please fill in the relevant fields on the application site with your most pertinent responses. Your personal information must be accurate and pertinent to your present circumstances.
As an alternative, you may submit your application using your phone because it is much more convenient than using a computer. You may use Google Chrome as your web browser if you have an Android-powered phone. You don’t need to install any additional browsers because Google Chrome is pre-installed on OS Android smartphones.
Your application must be sent along with a curriculum vitae (CV) with certified copies (certification within a 3-month period) of all applicable credentials, an ID document and a valid driver’s license, academic records/results, a registration acceptance letter, and documentation of your address.
By putting in your applications, you hereby give the selection committee permission to use your personal information for registration reasons.
Additional test and application screening methods will be used to check the genuineness of the candidates. Anyone found to have lied on their application will not be allowed to register during the registration period.
Candidates must submit their applications using the aforementioned portal. The selection committee will not accept submissions sent by hand delivery or fax or by any other means.
Applications for the Seriti Coal Bursaries must be submitted before the closing date on 07 November 2023.
Make sure you secure your application as soon as possible by registering early. The purpose behind this is to ensure that you have a safe position during the recruitment phase (however, it doesn’t guarantee immediate success).
The selection committee will not review applications submitted by candidates beyond the deadline. Regardless of their substance, all entries submitted after the deadline will be promptly dismissed.
Announcements will only be made to shorlisted candidates. If you do not hear back from the selection committee 30 days past the closing date, we regret to inform you that you have not been chosen for the programme.
Seriti reserves the right to offer employment to anybody. The selecting committee’s choices are final in all respects.