About the Grassroots Youth Development
The Grassroots Youth Development is a programme that is conducted by EDF Renewables. The establishment strives to deliver long-lasting socio-economic progress in South Africa by uplifting their the potential of surrounding local communities. The programme is dedicated to creating fruitful cycles by starting empowering projects and other sorts of small businesses. From mentorships, development capital, to skills transfer, the Grassroots Youth Development has had a long history of giving back to the people in South Africa.
About the Grassroots Youth Development Bursary 2021
The Grassroots Youth Development is offering financial assistance for South African students who require immediate financial aid to pursue their education. The Grassroots Youth Development Bursary is a wonderful opportunity for young folks to obtain support throughout their education journey in University or College. The establishment believes that by supporting bright-minded students who share their vision and mission, they can grow up to become integral contributors towards the development of South Africa.
The Grassroots Youth Development Bursary offers part/full coverage for the following items:
- Registration fees
- Tuition expenses
- Prescribed study materials
- Accommodation costs
- Transportation/living allowance allowance.
Please be kindly informed that the bursary is only awarded annually. If you wish to renew your bursary for a certain year, you will be required to send in a new application at each year of your respective qualification. Consideration of awardees will be based on your academic track records. Should you find this to be a suitable opportunity for you, don’t hesitate to register for the Grassroots Youth Development Bursary.
Candidates interested in the Grassroots Youth Development Bursary must fulfill an eligibility criteria before proceeding with their applications. Each of these items below will determine whether you have what it takes to proceed with this bursary. To guarantee a successful application, candidates are advised to meet all of the following requirements. Failure to do so will cause disadvantageous consequences towards the overall result of your applications. Be sure to jot down these items for personal reference.
The Grassroots Youth Development Bursary Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
- Currently residing in Nelson Mandela Bay and Sara Baartman Municipalities
- Officially enrolled or have been accepted to a full-time undergraduate degree or diploma in an accredited University/College
- Planning to pursued a career in the Maths, Science, and Renewable Energy departments
- Has parents/legal guardians whose combined household income does not exceed more than R350 000 each year.
Apply via email: [email protected] (Grassroots Youth Development Bursary 2021)
Interested candidates must download the Official Application Form.
Once you have obtained the application form, skim through all the instructions and queries before filling in the queries. Please provide your relevant personal information in the applicable boxes.
Additionally, candidates must attach the following documents in their applications (must be certified and not be older than 6 months):
- A valid copy of your South African Identity Document
- A valid copy of your Grade 12 Final Results Slip
- A legitimate letter of acceptance issued by a Public University/College (applicable for students who are pursuing their first year in 2021)
- A valid copy of your full academic track records from Public University/College (applicable for senior students)
- A certified copy of your SASSA letter (if applicable).
Note: you can have your documents certified at the South African Police Service or the South African Post Office.
If you are a candidate under the age of 18 or are above 18 but still dependent on the household income of your parents or legal guardian, please provide the following documents as well.
- Legitimate proof of your residential address
- A valid proof of your household income and/or confirmation of your parents’ current employment status (e.g. payslip/affidavit/social grant slip/proof of deceased) (must not exceed 6 months)
- 3-month bank statements from your parents.
By sending in your applications, you are hereby giving permission to the selection committee to have your personal information utilized for registration purposes.
Applications will be subjected to further evaluation and vetting procedures to verify the validity of candidates. Anyone discovered to be falsifying any aspects of their applications will be disqualified from the registration period.
Candidates must process their applications through the email provided above. Submissions made through other methods, such as hand delivery or fax, will not be accepted by the selection committee.
Applications for the Grassroots Youth Development Bursary must be submitted before the closing date on 17 March 2021.
The selection committee has absolute zero tolerance for late applications. Submissions made past the closing date will not be acknowledged during the registration period.
Candidates are advised to send in their applications as soon as possible. This will leave you with some time to properly evaluate the contents of your applications. Kindly prepare your applications at your earliest convenience.
Grassroots Youth Development reserves the rights to make an appointment or not during the recruitment process. All decisions made by the selection committee are final.