About the KZNFC (KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission)
The KZNFC (KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission) is an establishment that has acted as a proud film production centre in the region. Striving to promote the sustainable film industry within local communities, the centre aims to become an epicentre for job creation, human capital development, and a place of promoting KwaZulu-Natal.
About the KZNFC (KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission) Bursary 2024
KZNFC (KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission) is offering bursary programme for undergraduate students who are planning to study for the upcoming 2024 academic year. The KZNFC (KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission) Bursary is an opportunity that welcomes students who are enrolled in Film and Television Production and Animation related studies. Unfortunately, Acting qualifications will not be given funding.
Awardees of the bursary will be entitled to coverage for their registration costs, tuition expenses, accommodation costs, and prescribed study materials. Bursary are awarded for one academic year. If you wish to renew your bursary, you will need to reapply for the following year.
If you think this opportunity works best for you, don’t hesitate to register for the KZNFC (KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission) Bursary.
First and foremost, you must familiarize yourself with the KZNFC (KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission) Bursary eligibility standards. Each of these criteria will influence whether or not you would be an excellent candidate. In case you’d want to double-check your credentials, please refer to the list of qualifying prerequisites provided below. Ideally, if you want to enhance your chances of success, you should be able to meet all of the requirements on the following list.
The KZNFC (KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission) Bursary Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
- Officially recognised as a citizen of South Africa
- Be residing in the areas of KwaZulu-Natal
- Has finished their Matric qualification or currently pursuing their Matric qualification
- Pursuing their studies or planning to enroll in a TV/Film or Animation relevant qualification (at least NQF Level 6)
- Planning to pursue their tertiary education in KwaZulu-Natal
- Displays a strong academic track record
- Planning to start a future career within the sectors of TV Production/Animation/Film
- Preference will be offered to students who have disabilities or coming from previously disadvantaged backgrounds.
Download bursary application form: KZNFC (KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission) Bursaries 2024.
After downloading the application form, make sure to read the instructions first before providing your answers. This will reduce the number of mistakes you might make on your application form.
Additionally, you will need to provide the documents below:
- A certified copy of your Grade 12 June exam results slip from 2023, or your current academic track record if you are already studying at a tertiary institution
- A copy of your final results slip if you have finished your National Senior Certificate (Martic)
- A certified copy of your South African ID
- A copy of your letter of acceptance into a tertiary institution located in KwaZulu-Natal
- A copy of your tertiary institutions’ fee schedule for the 2024 academic year
- If your parents or guardian is unemployed, please provide affidavit explaining the
- If your parents are divorced or separated, please provide statement detailing
maintenance order or please provide affidavit explaining the reasons
- If either of your parents does not live at home, please provide affidavit explaining the
- A copy of Parents recent payslip, letter of employment not older than 3 months for
both your parents or the person who supports you or your guardian. This is for all
types of employment including SASSA grants, retirement, life, disability or other
benefits paid in lump sums or in monthly payments
- If your parents or the person who supports you or your legal guardian are retired,
please provide a copy of the pension slip or bank statement showing pension
- If you have a disability, please provide supporting documents.
All these documents should be included in your application dossiers. Incomplete applications could put you a risk of having your registration disqualified.
Once you have your applications all set, please send them to the email address below:
Email Address: [email protected].
When sending your applications via email, make sure to include the words “KZN Film Commission Bursary – Your Full Name” in the Subject Line. This will help the selection committee easily identify your applications in their inbox. Without it, there’s a high chance they could miss out on your applications.
The selection committee will use the information you provide to register you for the event. By submitting your applications, you are giving the committee permission to use your personal information for this reason.
It is necessary for candidates to submit their applications through the website listed above. Attempts to submit materials by other means, such as by hand delivery or fax, will be denied by the committee evaluating the application.
Applications for the KZNFC (KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission) Bursary must be submitted before the closing date on 27 October 2023.
The selection committee has a strict no-tolerance policy for late applicants. Submissions received after the deadline will not be recognized during the registration period.
Candidates should submit their applications as soon as feasible. This will give you enough time to fully assess the contents of your applications. Please prepare your applications as soon as possible.
Announcements will only be made to successful candidates. If you do not hear back from the selection committee by the very latest January 2024, we regret to inform you that you have not been chosen for the bursaries.
During the recruiting process, the KZNFC (KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission) maintains the right to make or not make an appointment. The selecting committee’s choices are final.