GrandWest is a popular South African establishment that’s highly recognizable for its entertainment options in the fields of leisure and relaxation. Home to a world-class, restaurants, bars, and all sorts of facilities, GrandWest has garnered the attention of both local and international visitors who are looking for getaway. If you are searching for some fun and amusement, GrandWest is the destination to go to.
About the GrandWest Bursary 2023
GrandWest is offering bursary programmes for bright minded South African students who show incredible academic track records in their university education. The GrandWest Bursary is a great opportunity for young folks to obtain financial assistance to aid them throughout their study journey. The establishment believes that by showing support to young generation of students, they can grow up to become positive contributors of their local societies.
The GrandWest Bursary is offering bursaries for the following study fields:
- Human Resources
- Mechanical Engineering
- Tourism & Hospitality
- Electrical Engineering.
If you find this to be a suitable opportunity for you, don’t hesitate to register for the GrandWest Bursary.
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses:
- Registration fees
- Tuition fees
- R5 000 allowance for textbooks.
NB: Other expenses, such as accommodation and stationery will NOT be covered.
Candidates interested in the GrandWest Bursary must fulfill an eligibility criteria before proceeding with their applications. Each of these items below will determine whether you have what it takes to proceed with this bursary. To guarantee a successful application, candidates are advised to meet all of the following requirements. Failure to do so will cause disadvantageous consequences towards the overall result of your applications. Be sure to jot down these items for personal reference.
The GrandWest Bursary Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
- Must be a South African citizen
- Under the age of 27 years old
- have completed Matric in South Africa
- Must NOT be employed full time
- Have a strong academic record
- Currently enrolled as a full-time student
- Pursuing their undergraduate students
- Residing in the area of Western Cape
- Enrolled or planning to pursue their studies in one of the following institutions:
- Cape Peninsula University of Technology
- Stellenbosch University
- University of the Western Cape
- University of Cape Town.
Apply via email: [email protected] (GrandWest Bursary Application 2023).
Submit following supporting documents:
- Proof of registration at one of the aforementioned institutions (on institutes letterhead)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- ID document (certified copy) (no older than 3 months)
- Parents or guardians proof of income (if employed: certified copy of latest payslip, if unemployed, disabled/sick/elderly: affidavit stating so)
- Full academic record with results from prior year, if currently studying at tertiary level (on tertiary letterhead)
- Full statement/detailed quote from tertiary institution outlining course fees (on tertiary letterhead)
- Course overview (on tertiary letterhead)
- Letter of acceptance to study at one of the aforementioned institutions, if currently studying at tertiary level (on institutes letterhead).
Please request an application form directly from the email address provided above.
By sending in your applications, you are hereby giving permission to the selection committee to have your personal information utilized for registration purposes.
Applications will be subjected to further evaluation and vetting procedures to verify the validity of candidates. Anyone discovered to be falsifying any aspects of their applications will be disqualified from the registration period.
Candidates must process their applications through the portal provided above. Submissions made through other methods, such as email or fax, will not be accepted by the selection committee.
Applications for the GrandWest Bursary must be submitted before the closing date on 31 January 2023.
The selection committee has absolute zero tolerance for late applications. Submissions made past the closing date will not be acknowledged during the registration period.
Candidates are advised to send in their applications as soon as possible. This will leave you with some time to properly evaluate the contents of your applications. Kindly prepare your applications at your earliest convenience.
GrandWest reserves the rights to make an appointment or not during the recruitment process. All decisions made by the selection committee are final.