About SIOC-CDT (Sishen Iron Ore Company-Community Development Trust)
SIOC-CDT (Sishen Iron Ore Business-Community Development Trust) is a trust created by Kumba Iron Ore Limited in 2006 to invest in the development of the communities in which the company works. It was founded to invest in the development of the communities in which the company operates. The company’s primary emphasis is on beneficiary communities located near to the Sishen Iron Ore Company’s (SIOC) mining operations in the Northern Cape and Limpopo provinces of South Africa.
With almost R1 billion in investments in socio-economic and community development initiatives in its beneficiary areas, the corporation has shown its declared objective of “identifying ourselves by our deeds, not our words.” The firm continues to make large investments in community development programs that are intended to ensure the long-term viability of the mining operations.
About the SIOC-CDT (Sishen Iron Ore Company-Community Development Trust) Bursaries 2022
SIOC-CDT (Sishen Iron Ore Company-Community Development Trust) is giving out bursaries for South African students getting their qualifications in 2022. The SIOC-CDT (Sishen Iron Ore Company-Community Development Trust) Bursaries is a wonderful series of financial aid programmes that aim to help students with their academic progress as they chase after their desired qualification sin their tertiary-level education. At the moment, the bursaries are currently opening their programmes for the fields below:
- Environmental Officer
- Agricultural Engineer Food Technologist
- Livestock Product Analyst
- Agricultural Economics
- Food Technician
3. Health and Clinical Related Sciences
- Chemical, Biological, Medical Lab Sciences
- Advanced EMS
- BEd. FET Mathematics
- BEd. Special Needs
- BEd. Foundation Phase
- BEd. Natural Science
- BEd. Language
- BEd. FET Physical Science
5. Economics and Management Science
- Engineering and Science
- Town Planning
- Civil Engineering
- Quantity Surveying
- Electrical Engineering
- Environmental Health
- Ecotourism Management
- Arts and Culture Heritage
- Hospitality Management
7. Information Technology
- Data Science or Analytics
- Software Development
- Computer Sciences and Communication
- Web Design and Development
8. Business Management and Economics
- Actuarial Science
- Project Management
- Statistics and Mathematics
- Auditing and Tax.
Awardees of the bursary programme will be entitled to funding to help cover their student-related costs, such as registration expenses, tuition costs, money for study materials, accommodation costs, a quarterly stipend. Additionally, candidates proven to have disabilities will be given assistive devices to help them with their learning process.
Important Note: candidates who are pursuing other study fields are allowed to participate in the bursary – however please be kindly informed that preference is offered to candidates who are studying the courses above.
Candidates interested in the SIOC-CDT (Sishen Iron Ore Company-Community Development Trust) Bursaries must fulfill an eligibility criteria before proceeding with their applications. Each of these items below will determine whether you have what it takes to proceed with this learnership. To guarantee a successful application, candidates are advised to meet all of the following requirements. Failure to do so will cause disadvantageous consequences towards the overall result of your applications. Be sure to jot down these items for personal reference.
The SIOC-CDT (Sishen Iron Ore Company-Community Development Trust) Bursaries Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
- Officially recognized as a citizen of South Africa
- Currently below 35 ears old
- Residing in either on e of the following areas:
- Thabazimbi Local Municipality (Limpopo)
- Ga-Segonyana LocaL Municipality (Northern Cape)
- Gamagara Local Municipality (Northern Cape)
- Joe Morolong Local Municipality (Northern ape)
- Tsantsabane Local Municipality (Northern Cape)
- Has officially finished their Matric qualification
- Already studying or planning to pursue either one of the qualifications mentioned above
- Has obtained an average aggregate score of 65% for their students, with their most updated academic track record
- Already been accepted to pursue their education in a well-accredited public institution (e.g. University/TVET/University of Technology/FET College) in South Africa
- Shows proven need for immediate financial assistance
- Preference is offered to candidates who are proven to have disabilities.
Download application form: SIOC-CDT (Sishen Iron Ore Company-Community Development Trust) Bursaries 2022.
Candidates will also need to provide the following documents:
- A certified copy of your Identity Document
- A certified copy of your Matric September results slip (if you have yet to obtain your Matric certificate)
- A certified copy of your Matric certificate (if available)
- Legitimate proof of acceptance to pursue your education at a public tertiary institution
- A one-page letter of motivation supporting your applications
- Legitimate proof of household income issued by your parents or guardians (E.g. most recent payslips, affidavit)
- Legitimate proof of residence (e.g. statement of water and lights)
- A legitimate medical note the explains what disability you have (if applicable).
Your application will be examined by the whole selection committee, which will include you, and the information you supply will be kept confidential. As a consequence, you should do a thorough check to guarantee that there is no fake information included.
Once you have downloaded and completed the application form, please submit it via the appropriate submission methods:
Email Address: [email protected] (please include the words “SIOC-cdt Bursary Application” in the email subject line)
Mr Innocent Makoti
P.O. Box 30632
SIOC-cdt Office Park
Cnr Hendrick Van Eck and Ian Flemming Roads
Thabazimbi Business Hub
11 Jourdan Street
Applications for the SIOC-CDT (Sishen Iron Ore Company-Community Development Trust) Bursaries must be submitted before the closing date on 31 January 2022.
By enrolling as quickly as possible, you can ensure that your application is secured as soon as possible. However, this does not guarantee instant success and is just intended to provide you with a secure position throughout the recruiting process.
Candidates that submit their applications after the deadline will not be considered by the selection committee. All entries received past the closing date will be immediately rejected, regardless of their content.
Announcements will only be made to shortlisted candidates. If you do not hear back from the selection committee by the very latest 1 March 2022, we regret to inform you that you have not passed the selection round.
Shortlisted candidates will need to prepare themselves for any possible interviews. Please stay tuned to your inbox.
SIOC-CDT (Sishen Iron Ore Company-Community Development Trust) has the right to offer or deny employment to anybody at its discretion. The selecting committee’s judgments are final and binding on all parties involved.