About De Beers
De Beers is a multinational mining company with a specialized focus on diamonds. The establishment has branched out into multiple divisions with years of experience in exploration, grading, mining, retail, and marketing diamonds. At the moment, the company is based in several countries such as Canada, Botswana, Namibia, and of course, South Africa. With the company’s own line of stores and partnering jewelers, De Beers is able to distribute their finely sourced diamonds with the support of 20 000 employees all over the globe.
About the De Beers Diamond Sorter Learnership 2021-2022
De Beers is offering a learnership for South African individuals who are interested in developing a solid work foundation in Mining as a Diamond Sorter. The De Beers Diamond Sorter Learnership is an exemplary programme that’s based in Harry Oppenheimer House, Hentrich Street, Kimberley, Northern Cape, South Africa.
Over the course of 12 months, you will be subjected to structured curriculum that combines both theoretical assessments and practical working sessions. This work-based learning opportunity will help you attain a nationally recognized qualification that will increase your chances of finding employment in the competitive job market. Upon successful completion of the learnership, you will obtain an FET Certificate in Diamond Design and Evaluation (NQF Level 4).
Learners will be responsible for the following tasks as well:
- Sorting through the acquired rough diamonds and evaluating their quality under a tightly secured environment
- Following all of the legislative requirements that have been indicated in the Learning agreement
- Being responsible over your own training session
- Having the initiative to ask all of the questions you need the answers to
- Fulfilling your learnership requirements to the best of your abilities.
Candidates interested in the De Beers Diamond Sorter Learnership must fulfill an eligibility criteria before proceeding with their applications. Each of these items below will determine whether you have what it takes to proceed with this learnership. To guarantee a successful application, candidates are advised to meet all of the following requirements. Failure to do so will cause disadvantageous consequences towards the overall result of your applications. Be sure to jot down these items for personal reference.
The De Beers Diamond Sorter Learnership Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
1. Basic Requirements
- A Grade 12 educational qualification (minimum) with the subjects below:
- Mathematics (with a pass rate of at least 50%) or
- Mathematical Literacy (with a pass rate of at least 70%)
- English and a second language
- Understands basic Microsoft Office skills.
2. Additional Requirements
- Willing to work under a heavily secured environment
- Perform their duties well based on the associated occupational requirements
- Successfully finishing their integrity testing assessments (e.g. personal vetting, polygraph testing)
- Passed all security clearances
- Completed their pre-recruitment assessments as required by the organization.
Apply online: De Beers Diamond Sorter Learnership 2021-2022.
Applications take place through the online portal provided above. Fill in the queries with correct information. Make sure all applicable boxes are provided with your personal details to proceed with the registration.
Interested candidates are required to upload their resumes on the the website. Make sure your resume indicated your strengths, skills, and attributes that are relevant to the line of work.
Additionally, you will be asked to prepare the following documents:
- A brief Cover Letter
- Your most recent CV (Curriculum Vitae)
- Valid, certified copies of your original qualification
- Academic transcripts
- Applicant’s Identity Document.
By sending in your applications, you are hereby giving permission to the selection committee to have your personal information utilized for registration purposes.
Applications will be subjected to further evaluation and vetting procedures to verify the validity of candidates. Anyone discovered to be falsifying any aspects of their applications will be disqualified from the registration period.
Candidates must process their applications through the portal provided above. Submissions made through other methods, such as email or fax, will not be accepted by the selection committee.
Applications for the De Beers Diamond Sorter Learnership must be submitted before the closing date on 15 March 2021.
The selection committee has absolute zero tolerance for late applications. Submissions made past the closing date will not be acknowledged during the registration period.
Candidates are advised to send in their applications as soon as possible. This will leave you with some time to properly evaluate the contents of your applications. Kindly prepare your applications at your earliest convenience.
De Beers reserves the rights to make an appointment or not during the recruitment process. All decisions made by the selection committee are final.
Reference: De Beers Learnership Programmes