About the Gauteng Dept of Social Development
The Gauteng Dept of Social Development is a governmental establishment that commits themselves to achieve a peaceful, nurturing, and self-reliant community. The department aims to bring positive contributions towards their local society by initiating efforts into their self-development. This is done by initiating multiple social development services to bring out the society’s abundant potential.
Taking social development seriously, the department strives to be an inclusive institution that caters to underprivileged group who require immediate assistance. These groups include children, the elderly, people with disabilities, females, and families on the poverty line. By allocating suitable services for the right people, the Gauteng Dept of Social Development hopes that this could motivate other institutions to invest into the well-being of their citizens.
About the Gauteng Dept of Social Development Learnership 2021
The Gauteng Dept of Social Development is providing learnerships for people who already have an NQF Level 4 FETC Certificate in Early Childhood Development. Under the Gauteng Dept of Social Development Learnership 2021, participants will be entitled to a series of theoretical assessments and practical sessions under a real-time working environment. This is a wonderful opportunity for individuals to upskill themselves greatly before you even have to enter the job market. Not only will you obtain the attributes needed to become a talented worker, but you may become a valuable asset to future employers.
If you are selected for the Gauteng Dept of Social Development Learnership 2021, awardees will need to sign an official contract before you can join the learnership. The terms and conditions of the contract with last throughout the total duration of the programme, which is 18 months. The learnership will start from 2021, and learners will be assigned to an Early Childhood Development Centre to carry out their duties.
Candidates who are interested in joining the Gauteng Dept of Social Development Learnership 2021 will need to adhere to a set of eligibility criteria. All these items will be used by the selection committee to fully assess their candidates on a fair basis. It also allows the committee to filter out candidates who truly deserve this learnership. To guarantee a level of success, pay attention to these eligibility criteria below.
The Gauteng Dept of Social Development Learnership 2021 Requirements are as follow:
- Has an ECD Qualification (NQF Level 4)
- Became a full-fledged volunteer at any ECD Qualification Centres
- Received a letter issued by the Principal of your respective ECD Centre confirming that you will participate in the 18-month learnership
- Has a Grade 12 qualification.
Employment Equity Preference
The Gauteng Dept of Social Development implements their Employment Equity policies onto the learnership. Certain designated groups will be offered preference during registration as a means to promote diversity within the programme.
Candidates originating from these backgrounds are highly encouraged to apply:
- Young individuals of different genders and races
- People who have disabilities
- Children from foster homes
- Orphaned youths who are connected to military veterans
- Families who are headed and supported by children.
Download application form Gauteng Dept of Social Development Learnership 2021.
Alternatively, you can drop by your nearest Department of Social Development’s offices or institutions to acquire an application form.
Once you have the application form in your hands, be sure to read all of the instructions on it. You will be required to fill in all queries with personal, accurate information. Additionally, there are also a few special notes that you will need to heed, such as information on passport numbers and Curriculum Vitaes. Failure to follow the correct application instructions will revoke your registration.
Besides the application form, candidates must also prepare these supporting documents below:
- A valid copy of your Identity Document
- A valid copy of your Grade 12 qualification
- A valid copy of your NQF ECD Level 4C qualification
- Legitimate proof of residence in Gauteng
- Legitimate proof of being related to any military veteran
- Legitimate proof of household income of sponsor as well as their Identity Document
- A brief background description issued by a social worker assigned to child headed families
- A valid ECD qualification from orphan and foster children
- A letter issued by the Principal or ECD centre confirming that you will spend 18 months in the ECD centre under proper mentorship
- Your most updated Curriculum Vitae
- If you are a foster child: a legitimate court order.
All applications must be sent directly to the candidate’s nearest Departmental Regions and Institutions. Candidates discovered to be sending applications that are missing in documents will not be eligible for registration. Similarly, candidates who are found to be sending in their applications through e-mail will not be acknowledged by the committee as well.
Applications for the Gauteng Dept of Social Development Learnership 2021 close on the 30 September 2020.
Candidates must submit in their applications before the deadline. Any late applications will not be tolerated by the selection committee and you will automatically be disqualified from registration.
Should you have any further enquiries or concerns about the Gauteng Dept of Social Development Learnership 2021, do not hesitate to deliver your questions to these contact persons below.
Telephone Numbers: +27 11 355 7932 or +27 11 255 7616