About the Western Cape Government
The Western Cape Government is an establishment that is formed as a means to better serve the general public of the Western Cape society. The Western Cape, which happens to be the location of Cape Town, is a flourishing province that is well-known among tourists for its welcoming people, multiculturalism, and culinary delights. As a governmental branch, the Western Cape Government has close ties with other governmental institutions in the country and works together to ensure that their local citizens have the necessary accessibility to all the facilities and services that they require in their day-to-day situations. Furthermore, the Western Cape Government works hard to provide equal opportunities from everyone originating from different socio-economic backgrounds and demographics.
About the Western Cape Government Graduate Internship Programmes 2020-2021
The Western Cape Government is inviting graduates of South African citizenship to participate in their Graduate Internship Programmes for the year 2020-2021. The Programmes, which also happens to be a Youth Development Programme, is specifically for unemployed individuals who are also residents of the Western Cape area. Upon successful acceptance, participants of the internship will be given an eye-opening chance to attain new knowledge and practical skills under a real-time working environment.
For a total duration of 3-24 months, interns of the Western Cape Government Graduate Internship Programmes allows you to further develop your potential as a future employee. On top of experience that you will be receiving, interns will gain the much needed career awareness that will transform them into attractive assets in the employment market. Furthermore, interns will also be granted with references on your Curriculum Vitae that your employers could reach out to. Under the working environment of the Western Cape Government, you will be tremendously supported by a network of hardworking peers and a set of experienced mentors.
At the moment, the Western Cape Government Graduate Internship Programmes is only available for these listed fields below:
- Department of the Premier
- Local Government
- Transport and Public Works
- Community Safety
- Environmental Affairs & Development Planning
- Social Development
- Cultural Affairs and Sport
- Human Settlements
- Economic Development and Tourism
To apply for the Western Cape Government Graduate Internship Programmes 2020-2021, future candidates must be able to meet the eligibility criteria that has been published by the committee. Each of these items below will be fully used to assess all candidates on a fair basis. Failure to meet everything in this following list may cost you your chances of success with the application procedure.
The Western Cape Government Graduate Internship Programmes Requirements are as follows:
1. Basic Criteria
- Officially recognized as citizens of South Africa
- Currently living in the Western Cape province
- Between 20-35 years old
- Willing to participate and receive practical experience under a real-time working environment
- Already owns one of these educational qualifications below:
- Certificate (NQF 5)
- Diploma (NQF 6)
- Degree (NQF 7)
- Post Graduate Qualification (NQF 8 and higher).
2. Other Criteria
- Does not have any privilege that could assist with your career paths
- Currently in need of urgent financial assistance.
3. Working Attributes
- Displays effective written and verbal communication capabilities (minimum two Western Cape official languages)
- Has solid understanding of computer literacy (e.g Microsoft Office softwares)
- Knows hows to operate the available equipment in an office setting
- Can plan and organize their workload.
Apply online the Western Cape Government Graduate Internship 2020-2021.
Applications for the Western Cape Government Graduate Internship Programmes 2020-2021 will take place under two (2) different phases. Kindly take a look at the phases and steps below.
Phase 1 (Registration)
- Click on “Create Account” to get started
- Fill in the registration form with complete, accurate personal information
- Attach these following important documents:
- Your valid Identity Document (ID)
- Your most updated Curriculum Vitae (in Microsoft Word file)
- Your educational qualifications (e.g. academic transcripts from previous tertiary institutions)
- Double-check all of the contents on your registration form
- Submit your completed registration form
- Check your e-mail inbox for a verification e-mail from the Western Cape Government Careers
- After you have verified your e-mail address, you may proceed to Phase 2.
Phase 2 (Actual Application)
- Search for your desired programme and click “Apply”
- Fill in the application inquiries with your personal information
- Once you are finished, click “Submit”
- Keep a lookout in your inbox to check for confirmation e-mails.
Since applications are conducted online, it is important that you have the proper gadgets and Internet facilities to send in your applications. However, if you do not have accessibility into such amenities, it is recommended that you visit any one of these public facilities below to send in your applications:
- E-Community Forums and e-Centres in rural towns
- Your local library
- An internet café
- Your local Thusong Service Centre
- The Western Cape Government Walk-in Contact Centre
All applications for the Western Cape Government Graduate Internship Programmes 2020-2021 must be submitted before its closing date on 28 August 2020.
The committee has a strict no tolerance policy for any late applications. Applications sent in past the closing date will automatically be disregarded by the committee.
- Should you have any technical difficulties in sending in your online applications, you may directly refer to Support through this hotline at +27 86 137 0202 (Operational Hours: 8.00 to 16.00)
- All applications must be sent in online – applications sent through e-mail or fax will automatically be disregarded by the committee
- Applicants will be subjected to further assessment by the committee based on the information and documentation that they have sent. Therefore, make sure every information that you have provided is truthful and accurate – applicants discovered to be falsifying any part of their applications will be disqualified
- Announcements will only be made to applicants who have been short-listed for the programme
- The Programme will not be providing coverage for any relocation, remunerations, or travel expenses. However, interns will be awarded with an allowance (the Department will determine how much the allowance will be).
- Should you have any further enquiries or concerns, you may directly refer to either Ms Y Dempers at +27 21 483 0742 or Ms B Kirkwood at +27 21 483 2024.
The Western Cape Government Contact Details
Physical Address: 9 Wale St, Cape Town City Centre, Cape Town, 8000
E-mail Address: [email protected]
Phone Number: +27 86 014 2142 or +27 79 769 1207
Fax: +27 21 483 7216