In 1946, the Volkswagen Group South Africa was established as a completely owned subsidiary of Volkswagen Aktiengessellschaft (VWAG), which is based in Germany. Because it is the single greatest German investment in South Africa, the company has made significant contributions to foreign direct investment, technological transfer, and skills development. Volkswagen Group South Africa is based in Uitenhage, an industrial town in the Eastern Cape about 35 kilometers from the city of Port Elizabeth.
Volkswagen Group South Africa is certain that job creation and skills development would be the catalysts for change in the country. As a result, our primary aim is to establish a robust and profitable company that both protects and generates employment inside Volkswagen Group South Africa as well as the larger Volkswagen family of suppliers and franchised Dealerships.
About the Volkswagen Bursaries 2024
Volkswagen Bursaries is providing generous financial assistance for talented students who are pursuing their full academic studies. The Volkswagen Bursaries is a program that is open to students from all around South Africa as well as permanent residents of the country. It is inclusive of persons from all various backgrounds. As an awardee, you will receive all of the assistance you need to complete your academic degree or certificate program successfully. If you have consistently achieved high academic results while also demonstrating valuable traits as a student, you are strongly urged to apply for this position.
The Volkswagen Bursaries is available for the study fields below:
- Information Technology, Software Development, Computer Science, & Data Sciences
- Purchasing/Logistics/Supply Chain
- Industrial Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Marketing/Public Relations
Awardees are entitled to the following financial aid:
- Expenses for all school related costs (e.g. registration/tuition costs, accommodation expenses, daily meals, prescribed study materials, and stationary)
- Required vacation work
- Professional mentoring and proper development during your bursary
- Extra support for studies
- A laptop for school.
For application purposes, please kindly take note of the Volkswagen Bursaries Reference Number: –.
Do you think you have what it takes to register for the Volkswagen Bursaries? Be sure to send in your application as soon as possible! But first, you will need to take a look at the programme’s eligibility criteria. These items will determine whether you’d make a great candidate or not. If you’d like to check your qualifications, be sure to take a look at the eligibility criteria below. If you’d like to guarantee a higher chance of success, it’s advisable that you meet all these times in the following list.
The Volkswagen Bursaries Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
- Officially recognised as South African citizen or a South African permanent resident (must be able to provide a letter issued by the Department of Home Affairs)
- Currently registered in a full-time studies at any DHET/CHE registered tertiary Institution, in 2024
- This bursary IS NOT OPEN TO Masters/Doctoral students
- Pursuing one of the study fields mentioned above
- Has a Grade 12 qualification with a Bachelor’s Pass (at least an average aggregate score of 70%)
- Has a Tertiary Level qualification (at least an average score of 65%)
- Must be prepared to undertake any forms of assessments, which includes screening, interview, shortlisting, and psychometric evaluations
- Must fulfill the requirements as required by the VWSA Equity policies.
Apply online: Volkswagen Bursaries 2024.
In order to visit the web site indicated above, it is recommended that you use Google Chrome as your browser.
Candidates are required to register on the application portal in order to submit their applications. This account will be required for the duration of the registration process.
Additionally, you will need to provide the following documents:
- Your most updated Curriculum Vitae
- A certified copy of the candidate’s complete academic track record (alternatively, first year students can send in their certified Grade 12 results slip instead)
- A certified copy of the candidate’s Identity Document
- A letter of motivation explaining why the candidates is interested in becoming a part of the bursary programme for the 2024 academic year (1-2 page)
- Acceptance letter from an accredited institution
- A completed online application form.
Student in Matric
- Grade 12 Term 2 Report (stamped) – With official school stamp
- Grade 11 Final year Report- With official school stamp
Gap Year Student
- Certified copy of valid matric certificate (Grade 12)
For Undergrad Student (in 2023)
- Certified copy of the latest Official academic transcript/s- For applicants that have enrolled at multiple institutions during their tertiary studies*
- Did you get funded by another bursary/NSFAS?; upload your bursary agreement/letter/offer*
- 2023 Official University Fee Statements- If you have off-campus accommodation, please include your lease agreement*
For applicants under the age of 18, to comply with POPI regulations a signed consent form completed by your parent/legal guardian along with a certified copy of their proof of identity is required.
You can download the guardian consent form by clicking HERE.
All of these should be submitted. Otherwise, you will be disqualified from the registration profess.
You can also register using Google, Facebook, or LinkedIn, as an alternative. You will save a significant amount of time by not having to create an account from scratch.
It will be examined by the entire selection committee, which will include you, and the information you supply will be kept confidential. As a result, you should do a thorough check to guarantee that there is no fake information included. Candidates may be placed in a potentially hazardous situation if there is proof that they are providing misleading information.
The selection committee will use the information you provide to register you for the event. By submitting your applications, you are giving the committee permission to use your personal information for this reason.
It is necessary for candidates to submit their applications through the website listed above. Attempts to submit materials by other means, such as by hand delivery or fax, will be denied by the committee evaluating the application.
Applications for the Volkswagen Bursaries must be submitted before the closing date on 30 October 2023.
Make sure to send in your applications as soon as possible after receiving them. It is preferable to submit your application as early as possible in order to ensure a spot during the registration period. Furthermore, it helps to avoid any unwelcome surprises at the last minute, such as unexpectedly high Internet traffic or misplaced documents.
Applications for the program must be received prior to the deadline to be considered. Last-minute applications will not be accepted, and submissions of this nature will be rejected from consideration by the selection committee.
During the recruitment phase, Volkswagen retains the right to employ whomever it chooses. The selecting committee’s conclusions are final and binding on all parties involved.