Sage is a company that provides quality software solutions for establishments looking into systems to support their accounting, payroll, and payment. Serving various businesses of different industries, Sage has always been committed to helping out local communities expands. Over the years, Sage has accumulated more than 13 000 employees under their team to help provide social and mobile technology that keeps partnering businesses in tact. As of today, Sage is currently based in 23 countries to empower the global economy, and are offering extensive support to clients that are at the forefront of innovation and progress.
About the Sage External Bursary 2022
Sage is offering external bursary programmes for South African university students who require financial assistance to help boost their current studies. The Sage External Bursary is a chance for everyone who is planning on pursuing their undergraduate studies.
If you have plans to continue your education at one of the many public universities in South Africa, now’s your time to do so. In addition, the Sage External Bursary is extending their arms towards candidates who have shown to display disabilities.
The Sage External Bursary provides coverage for the following items:
- Tuition expenses
- Accommodation costs
- Prescribed study materials.
If you find this to be a suitable opportunity for you, don’t hesitate to register for the Sage External Bursary.
Candidates interested in the Sage External Bursary must fulfill an eligibility criteria before proceeding with their applications. Each of these items below will determine whether you have what it takes to proceed with this bursary. To guarantee a successful application, candidates are advised to meet all of the following requirements. Failure to do so will cause disadvantageous consequences towards the overall result of your applications. Be sure to jot down these items for personal reference.
The Sage External Bursary Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
1. Basic Requirements
- Officially recognised as a citizen of South Africa
- Considered as a Previously Disadvantaged Individual (PDI)
- Has applied and been enrolled into a public higher education institution
- Has a household income between R350 000-R500 000 per year
- Must be pursuing an educational study in the fields of IT, Computer Sciences, or Accounting
- Has an average aggregate score of at least 65% and above.
2. Additional Selection Criteria
a. Undergraduate Degree
- Computer Science/Engineering, Information Technology
- Bachelor of Commerce (focusing on Accountign and FInance)
- Must be in their first-final year of their studies.
b. People with Disability
- All study programmes for undergraduate or postgraduate studies.
c. Academic Achievement
- Grade 12 learners with subjects of Mathematics and Physical Science (must have score of at least 75%)
- University students (must have score of at least 65%).
Apply online: Sage External Bursary 2022.
When registering for the bursary, the first thing you’ll want to do is sign up to create a Xhuma account. This account will be used to store all of your registration details. Be sure to keep your account credentials a secret so that no one hacks your account.
While you are creating your account, you will be asked to provide your personal information. You will also need to provide the following documents:
- Your Identity Document/Passport/Birth Certificate
- Proof of address from your Guardian or Parents
- Proof of all your most recent Academic Results
- Proof of income from your Guardian or Parent (if your parents are unemployed, please provide an affidavit confirming their unemployment).
All these documents should be included in your applications. Failure to provide all of them may possibly get you disqualified from the programme.
After you have provided the crucial details, please choose a funder that correlates well to your situation. Please be kindly informed that the personal information you share on your profile will be viewed by the funders eligible for you. Therefore, it’s important that you share information that is truthful and is correct to your current living situation.
Once that’s all done, all you have to do is wait for the progress of your applications and look forward to the results.
Applications for the Sage External Bursary must be submitted before the closing date on 30 September 2021.
If you have any interest in joining the Sage External Bursary, it’s advisable that you send in your applications as soon as possible. The reason for this is because last-minute applications tend to be in a risky position compared to applications sent way before the closing date.
The selection committee will not be accepting any late applications. Submissions made past the closing date will automatically be rejected from the registration period.
Sage reserves the rights to provide anyone with a bursary opportunity or not. Anyone found to be canvassing with any decision made by the selection committee will be disqualified.
Do you have a question regarding the Sage External Bursary? Don’t hesitate to ask! Feel free to send in your enquiries and concerns to the email address below:
Email address: [email protected]