About the KwaDukuza Municipality
The KwaDukuza Local Municipality is a Category B municipality in the KwaZulu-Natal Province, and it is situated within the iLembe District of the province. It spans from the Zinkwazi River in the north to the Tongaat River in the south, and it is the largest river in the country. It is one of the four municipalities that make up the district in which it is located. KwaDukuza (formerly known as Stanger) is the district node and the preeminent commercial center in the iLembe District. It is also the district seat.
Located on the coast and interior stretch of roughly 50km in length and 14km in breadth, the KwaDukuza Municipality is home to a diverse collection of clustered and ad hoc communities and small towns. In addition to a well-developed road and rail infrastructure, the municipality is connected to other communities. The N2 Development Corridor is the most prominent feature of KwaDukuza.
About the KwaDukuza Municipality Bursaries 2022
KwaDukuza Municipality is offering financial assistance for bright-minded South African students who are pursuing either National Diploma or Degree studies. The KwaDukuza Municipality Bursaries is an all-inclusive programme that welcomes people of all different backgrounds. As an awardee, you will be provided with the necessary support to chase after your academic qualification. If you display exemplary academic scores and valuable qualities as a student, you are more than encouraged to give this opportunity a shot.
The KwaDukuza Municipality Bursaries is available for the following fields:
- Built Environment
- Construction Management
- Electrical Engineering (Heavy Current)
- Environmental Management
- Public Finance
- Performance Management/Monitoring and Evaluation
- Quantity Surveying
- Local Government Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Civil Engineering
- Library Science
- Community and Economic Development Studies
- Property Valuation
- Town and Regional Planning
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Internal Audit
- Risk Management
If you think this opportunity works best for you, don’t hesitate to register for the KwaDukuza Municipality Bursaries.
If you’re certain of joining the KwaDukuza Municipality Bursaries, feel free to sign up! If you are still unsure whether you’d make a good fit, don’t worry. All you have to do is check the requirements below and re-check your qualifications with the selection committee’s standards. If you’d like to stand a chance of acceptance, make sure you fulfill all of the criteria that are mentioned. Failure to do so might not get you automatically disqualified, but it could reduce your chances of acceptance.
The KwaDukuza Municipality Bursaries Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
- Currently living within the region of KwaDukuza
- Has officially finished your Matric qualification
- Accomplished your University entrance test or Matric
- Currently studying or planning to pursue full time studies as an undergraduate student for
- National Diploma or Degree
- Must be pursuing their studies in an accredited South African tertiary institution
- Is not receiving any other funding from other bursaries or the NSFAS
- Has not finished any other qualification
- Displays an impressive academic track record
- Proven to require immediate financial assistance
- Originating from a Previously Disadvantaged Background.
Download the application form: KwaDukuza Municipality Bursaries 2022.
Once you have downloaded the application form above, please fill out the application form with your most relevant responses by typing them into the appropriate areas. All of the personal information you submit should be accurate and correspond to your actual circumstances.
Additionally, candidates will need to provide clear copies of the documents below:
- A certified copy of your Identity Document
- A certified copy of your Matric certificate and results statement (for new students)
- A certified copy of your official progress reports, along with all your written examination marks (for returning students)
- A letter of motivation explaining why you deserve this bursary
- Legitimate proof of tertiary admission/acceptance (must be provided on institution’s letterhead)
- The curriculum of your entire study course, complete with modules and amount of subjects you’re planning to take (must be provided on institution’s letterhead)
- A tuition fees statement (must be provided on institution’s letterhead)
- Legitimate proof of income from parents or guardians (e.g. latest pay slips or affidavit if unemployed)
- A complete list of your monthly expenses from parents or guardians
- Legitimate proof of residence in KwaDukuza.
All these documents should be included in your application dossier. Incomplete dossiers will be disqualified from the programme.
Once everything is ready, please send them through either one of the following method in a sealed envelope and the words “KwaDukuza External Bursary 2022”:
Postal carriage: The Municipal Manager, KwaDukuza Municipality, P.O. Box 72, KwaDukuza, 4450
Hand delivery: KwaDukuza Municipality, Youth Development Office, 42 Goolam Suleman Street, KwaDukuza 4450
The information you provide will be reviewed by the whole selection committee, which will include you. As a result, you should double-check to ensure that there is no fictitious information. If there is any evidence that applicants are giving false information, they may be placed in a hazardous position.
By submitting your applications, you are granting permission to the selection committee to use your personal information for the purpose of registering you for the event.
Candidates are required to submit their applications via the methods linked to above. Attempts to submit materials via other means, such as email or fax, will be rejected by the selection committee.
Applications for the KwaDukuza Municipality Bursaries must be submitted before the closing date on 15 February 2022.
The selection committee has absolute zero tolerance for late applications. Submissions made past the closing date will not be acknowledged during the registration period.
Candidates are advised to send in their applications as soon as possible. This will leave you with some time to properly evaluate the contents of your applications. Kindly prepare your applications at your earliest convenience.
KwaDukuza Municipality reserves the rights to make an appointment or not during the recruitment process. All decisions made by the selection committee are final.