About the Gauteng Department of Education
The Gauteng Department of Education is an establishment formed by the government that is responsible for the educational progress of citizens in he province. The department strives to improve the quality of curriculums and making sure that young students are equipped with the necessary qualifications and personal attributes. This prepares younger generations of communities to achieve the desired goals they have once they turn into adults.
The Gauteng Department of Education has started several initiatives to accomplish their goals. Below are some of the department’s strategic goals:
- Creating an effective learning environment in schools and learning institutions
- Offering necessary support for students transitioning from schools to high education
- Providing training opportunities for school graduates
- Establishing new partnerships with relevant stakeholders
- Emphasizing the importance of education in the provincial society.
About the Gauteng Dept of Education – Presidential Youth Employment Initiative 2020
The Gauteng Dept of Education is offering Presidential Youth Employment Initiative to South African citizens passionate about the field of local education. The Gauteng Dept of Education – Presidential Youth Employment Initiative is a programme that allows members of society become educational assistants in several schools. Selected participants are expected to maintain effective learning environments and provide proper education to students.
The Gauteng Dept of Education – Presidential Youth Employment Initiative will be conducted for a total duration of four months, from December 2020-March 2021. Participants will be provided training by the Gauteng City Region Academy. During the course of the programme, participants will be given a series of tasks and duties, such as:
- Providing assistance with teaching and learning during classroom sessions
- Offering help with administrative matters in the office
- Managing available assets
- Maintaining the school environment
- Performing cleaning duties
- Utilizing IT and Data capturing
- Following Sports Health and Safety regulations.
Applicants of the Gauteng Dept of Education – Presidential Youth Employment Initiative must adhere to the eligibility criteria that has been put into place. The requirements listed below will determine whether you are qualified enough for the role or not. As participants will be mainly responsible for the education of other youths, the selection committee will be assessing all candidates as seriously as possible. Failure to meet these requirements will get you disqualified from the registration process.
The Gauteng Dept of Education – Presidential Youth Employment Initiative Eligibility Criteria are as listed below:
- Officially recognized as a citizen of South Africa
- Between 18-35 years old at the time of the programme
- Not employed by a company
- Proven to be residing in Gauteng
- Clear from any criminal track records.
Apply online: The Gauteng Dept of Education – Presidential Youth Employment Initiative 2020.
Please follow these instructions below:
1. Personal Details
- Put in your South African ID Number (13 digits)
- Enter your full names in the blank letters
- Press on the “OK” button
- Give all of your accurate, personal details
- Choose your most updated qualification
- Click on the role that you desire
- Make your password
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions
- Fill in the One Time Pin (you will receive it through your provided telephone number)
- Press on the “Next” button.
- Insert your address or choose your address in the provided options
- If your address is not included in the provided options:
- Press on the “Select from Map” button
- Press on the “Use my Location” button / look for your address on them map / move the red pin to locate your address
- Press on the “Select Address” button
- Press on the “Next” button.
3. School Applications
- Choose your desired school by ticking on the relevant checkboxes
- Press on the “Submit Application” button
- Candidates will be given a list of 10 schools nearest to your residence – you will need to choose 5 schools.
Applications will need to be processed from the aforementioned portal. Applications sent through other external methods, such as e-mail or fax, will not be regarded by the selection committee.
Applications for the Gauteng Dept of Education – Presidential Youth Employment Initiative must be submitted before the closing date on 22 November 2020.
The selection committee has zero tolerance for late applications. Candidates discovered to be sending in their applications late will automatically be disqualified from the registration process.
Announcements will only be made to shortlisted candidates. Should you not hear back from any one of the schools you have chosen within three (3) weeks past the closing date, we regret to inform you that your application has not been selected by the committee.