Nedbank is a South African bank that has specialised in a variety of banking services that covers wholesale and retail sectors. With multiple solutions under their belt, Nedbank has branched out into diverse fields, namely Nedbank Corporate and Investment Banking, Nedbank Wealth, Nedbank Retail and Business Banking, and Nedbank Africa Regions.
While having a strong presence in the country, Nedbank continues to expand to other areas of the continent. At the moment, the bank is operating in five other countries, including Lesotho, Namibia, Swaziland, Mozambique, and Zimbabwe. Trusted and professional, Nedbank remains a favorite amongst the general public.
About the Nedbank Bursary 2023
Nedbank is giving out financial assistance for talented students who are planning to pursue undergraduate studies in a public South African higher institution. The Nedbank Bursary is conducted to provide the necessary monetary aid for students who deserve a huge amount of support to pursue a full-time degree. The purpose behind this bursary is to solve South Africa’s limited skills shortages, and will also be done by focusing on green economy skills.
Do you think you have what it takes to sign up for the Nedbank Bursary? Now’s the time to check. All candidates should take a look at the eligibility criteria below before starting on their applications. Each of these items will determine whether you’d make a good fit for the financial assistance or not. Not fulfilling everything may possibly reduce your chances of having a successful application.
The Nedbank Bursary Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
- Officially recognised as citizen of South Africa
- Shows to require immediate financial assistance (proven by current household income)
- Possesses at least the following academic results:
- Average 65% aggregate score in your current academic year
- Average 65% aggregate score for the required subjects as noted in your desired degree
- Has receive an official admission into a public university/university of technology in South Africa
- Enrolled for an undergraduate qualification.
Note: candidates who have finished their Grade 12/Senior Certificate with Mathematics Literacy are not allowed to register for the bursary.
Apply online: Nedbank Bursary 2023.
When you’re on the application portal, make sure you provide factual information about yourself. The personal details you provide must accurately represent your current conditions. Anyone found to be falsifying any aspects of their applications will be disqualified.
Candidates must also prepare the following documents:
- A certified copy of your South African ID
- Your most updated academic transcripts, for example:
- Grade 11 final results slip and mid-year results slip (for Grade 12 candidates)
- Grade 12 final results slip and mid-year results slip (for 1st year university students)
- Your most recent academic year results slip and mid-year results slip (for 2nd-3rd year university students)
- Financial statements (financial check affidavits) dully signed by your parents/guardians, and you (the bursary candidate).
Don’t forget to download the affidavit.
All these documents must be included in your applications. Incomplete dossiers will automatically be rejected by the selection committee.
Only applications sent through the portal above will be recognised. Submissions made through other methods, such as fax or email, will be rejected.
Application is available as long as it is not deleted on its official website.
Make sure you submit your applications as soon as possible. This will help you guarantee a position throughout the recruitment process.
Nedbank holds all rights to provide anyone with a bursary or not. Anyone found to be canvassing with the selection committee’s decision will be rejected.
Do you have a question regarding the Nedbank Bursary? Don’t hesitate to ask! Feel free to send in your enquiries and concerns to the contact person below:
Email Address: [email protected]