About SAPS (South African Police Service)
The South African Police Service, or more commonly referred to as SAPS, is a national establishment that helps to reduce crime, regulate public order within society, and provide ultimate protection for citizens. Safety is recognized as a huge priority in the nation, which is why SAPS has received much support from the Constitution of South Africa. SAPS has a list of responsibilities under their belt, which mainly revolves maintain a proper environment that does not provoke any harmful acts. Taking affirmative action against any threats towards the well-bring of communities, SAPS brings forth upmost justice not just towards a certain demographic, but everyone of different origins and backgrounds.
SAPS Job Vacancies 2021
SAPS is offering job vacancy as general worker for South African individuals who are interested in paving a career as either a police official, or civilian employee. The South African Police Service ensures that all employees adhere to the proper legislative terms. This does not comes as a surprise, considering that an establishment such as SAPS require a dedicated working force that prioritizes the safety of citizens. Additionally, SAPS invites applicants who have disabilities to register for a job vacancy with the establishment.
Interested police officer applicants will be offered the job vacancy based on the South African Police Service Act, 1995 (Act No 68 of 1995). Meanwhile, applicants who wish to seek a position as a civilian employee will be given the position based on the Public Service Act, 1994 (Act No 103 of 1994). Both police officers and civilian employees will support each other throughout the course of their careers, despite having differing core functions.
Below is a list of all of the SAPS Job Vacancies available for application. Click on your preferred job vacancy to read more about: References, Core Functions, Job Location, Generic Requirements, Specific Requirements, Application Instructions, and Contact Committee.
How to Apply SAPS Job Vacancy
Please read: Application Process for Public Service Act .
Please be kindly informed that SAPS will only be accepting this version of the Official Application Form. Candidates sending in the Z83 version of application forms will not be regarded by the committee. Alternatively, you may get your application forms from your nearest SAPS Recruitment Office.
Once you have retrieved your application form, be sure to follow all of the instructions correctly. Additionally, all of the necessary post information and its reference number must be indicated on the application form. Not following the correct instructions may result in your registration being disqualified.
Besides your application form, candidates are required to send in these following supporting documents as well:
- Your most recent Curriculum Vitae
- Valid copies of your Identity Document
- Past educational qualifications
- Available occupation service certificates issued by your past employers
- Valid proof of any previous experiences related to your preferred job position
- A valid Driver’s License.
Make sure that all copies of your documents are properly certified right on the side of the copy. Furthermore, certifications must not exceed three months of age. Provided documents, and the candidate’s place of residence, will be subject to further verification. Candidates discovered to be falsifying any aspects of their applications will automatically be disqualified from the registration process.
With the unusual circumstances of COVID-19, application forms and documents must be submitted to the provided e-mail address of the position you are registering.
The closing date for the SAPS Job Vacancy 2021 applications falls on 03 May2021.
The selection committee has zero tolerance for late applications – these will automatically be disregarded. If you certain of the job vacancy that you are applying, please do not wait until the last-minute to submit your application dossiers.
Announcements will only be made to shortlisted candidate who have passed the applications. Should you not hear back from the committee within 3 months past the application closing date, we regret to inform you that you have not been selected for the job vacancy.
- Shortlisted candidates will be subject to further evaluation, which includes a personal interview, practical assessment, fingerprint screening, a forensic DNA profile sample collection (as per the Criminal Law (Forensic Procedures) Amendment Act, Act 37 of 2013), and more reference checking
- Screened applicants will be appointed based on the SAPS Act, 1995
- Employees must adhere to the terms that are in accordance with the Criminal Law (Sexual Offences and Related Matters) Amendment Act, 2007 (Act No 32 of 2007) and the Children’s Act, 2005 (Act No 38 of 2005). However, if the screened candidates is found to have caused any violations as described in the National Register for Sex Offenders or Part B of the Child Protection Register, they will be removed from their appointed job position
- The South African Police Service holds all rights to not fill in any of their proposed job positions.