The Sibanye-Stillwater company is a South African based company that specializes in the precious metals mining industry. Having their operations conducted in several overseas countries as well such as the United States and Zimbabwe, the company expands its company through gold operations and projects. It is a remarkable company with a variety of products, such as platinum, palladium, gold, rhodium, and chrome.
About the Sibanye-Stillwater Bursary Programme
The Sibanye-Stillwater company is currently offering external bursaries for unemployed students who plan on pursuing their undergraduate studies (BEng/NDipl/BTech/BSc/BComm degrees and higher) in one of these universities: the University of Johannesburg, the University of Witwatersrand, the University of Pretoria, as well as North West University.
Through this programme, Sibanye-Stillwater plans to support limited number of potential students who display potential in their studies by providing them with necessary financial means to pay off their university expenses. Sibanye-Stillwater Bursary Programme include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mining Engineering
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor’s Degree in Instrumentation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Rock Engineering
- Bachelor’s Degree in Survey
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT
- Bachelor’s Degree in Metallurgy
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering
- Bachelor’s Degree/Honours in Geology
The Sibanye-Stillwater Bursary Requirements
Applying for the Sibanye-Stillwater Bursary programme is going to take a lot of effort. All interested candidates are to fulfill this set of criteria to prove their eligibility for the programme. Failed to meet any of the criteria might be a potential risk to your applications.
Below are the Sibanye-Stillewater Bursary requirements:
- Has earned a minimum Grade 12 Matric certification
- Has earned a letter of acceptance from a university with a minimum APS of 23
- Registered as University students
- Proof of Residence
- A score average of minimum 60% for the key subjects of English, Mathematics, and Physical Science
- Is physically fit and meet their medical standards
- Note: higher advantage is given to candidates who have earned a score of 60% for Mathematics and English, as well as an evaluation outcome score of 4 and above.
How to Apply
Apply online: Sibanye-Stillwater Bursaries 2021.
To apply for the Sibanye-Stillwater Bursary programme, all candidates are required to access its online application portal above. Please make sure that all of the information you provide on the forms are correct and accurate. Any traces of false information will lead to auto disqualification from the application procedure.
Besides the application forms itself, the entire success of the procedure will be based on whether the candidate is able to provide an acceptance letter from the University. In addition, candidates must also provide the proof or residence, their latest Curriculum Vitae, valid copies of their identification and qualification on the online application form.
For all short-listed candidates who have passed the administration phase, you will be asked to attend a pre-screening as well as a psychometric evaluation. In addition, there will also be an interview conducted by the bursary programme committee. Candidates will have to anticipate for any new updates during the application process.
Announcements will be made to only short-listed candidates within 14 days after the closing date. Should you not hear any notifications from the bursary programme committee by then, we regret to inform you that your application has been dismissed.
Contact committee: Lyllian Ndlovu (+27 14 495 2580)
Closing Date: 30 November 2020