About NRF (National Research Foundation)
The National Research Foundation (NRF) is an autonomous statutory organization that was set up as a result of the National Research Foundation Act. The mission of the National Research Foundation (NRF) is to establish cutting-edge research platforms, develop cutting-edge funding instruments, advance research career development, increase public engagement in science, and increase public engagement in science.
Together with research institutions, businesses, industries, and international partners. The National Research Foundation (NRF) is responsible for promoting South African research and innovation interests across the country and internationally.
About the NRF (National Research Foundation) Bursaries 2023
NRF is offering financial aid for students pursuing their postgraduate education in Science, Engineering, Technology, Humanities, and Social Sciences. Bursaries offered by the National Research Foundation (NRF) are open to applicants from any and all walks of life due to the inclusive nature of the program. You will be given the assistance you need to pursue your academic credentials if you are selected as a recipient of the prize. If you have impressive academic results and excellent traits as a student, you are strongly advised to take advantage of this chance if it presents itself to you.
Do you think you have what it takes to register for the NRF (National Research Foundation) Bursaries? Be sure to send in your application as soon as possible! But first, you will need to take a look at the programme’s eligibility criteria. These items will determine whether you’d make a great candidate or not. If you’d like to check your qualifications, be sure to take a look at the eligibility criteria below. If you’d like to guarantee a higher chance of success, it’s advisable that you meet all these times in the following list.
The NRF (National Research Foundation) Bursaries Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
1. General Requirements
- Must have at least a 65% academic requirement for postgraduate funding
- Must be at the entry ages below for the respective levesls of studies:
- 28 – Honours Studies
- 30 – Master’s Studies
- 32 – Doctoral Studies
- Continuing students who are planning to renew their bursaries for their second/third year will need to send in a complete Progress Report instead of a brand new application.
2. Applicants Eligible for Full Cost of Study (FCS) Coverage
- Officially recognized as citizens of South Africa or Permanent Residents
- Proven to require immediate ifnancial aid (must have a combined household family income below are equal to R350 000/year)
- Or, currently living with a disability
- Or, displays a strong academic track record and potential.
3. Applicants Eligible for Partial Cost of Study (PCS) Coverage
- Only 5% of international students (ilucindg South African citizens and Permanent Residents ineligbile for FCS) will be regarded for PCS.
Apply online: NRF (National Research Foundation) Bursaries 2023.
It is highly encouraged that you make use of Google Chrome as your internet browser in order to access the website that was just mentioned.
In order for applicants to submit their resumes and cover letters, they must first register for an account on the application portal. During the entire duration of the registration procedure, you will be obliged to use this account.
You can also submit your application by utilizing your smartphone instead of your PC because this method is significantly more convenient. You can use Google Chrome as your web browser if you are working with an Android operating system on your handheld device. You don’t need to install any other browsers on your phone because Google Chrome comes pre-installed on handsets running the Android operating system.
By submitting your applications, you are giving the selection committee permission to use your personal information for the purpose of registering you for the event. This can include things like your name, address, and email address.
All applications must be submitted through the website, which may be found by following the previous sentence’s link. The committee in charge of selecting winners will not consider any materials that have been submitted through alternative channels, such as hand delivery or fax.
Important Links for Applicants
Make sure that you check these links, specifically the ones that are relevant to your applications:
- NRF Recognised Higher Education Institutions (HEIs)
- DSI-NRF Postgraduate Scholarship Framework for 2023 Funding
- Application Guide for the 2023 Academic Year
- SARAO Postgraduate Scholarships
- DSI-NRF Master’s and Doctoral Application and Funding Guide for 2023
- ISFAP – Application Consent Form
- DSI-NRF Honours Application and Funding Guide for 2023
- Frequently Asked Questions_Postgraduate Funding
- NRF Statement of expectation for Postgradute Training 2023.
Application is available as long as it is not deleted on its official website.
Be sure to send in your applications as soon as possible. An early submission can help you guarantee a spot during the registration period. Plus, it prevents any unwanted last-minute incidents, like sudden heavy Internet traffic or missing documents.
NRF (National Research Foundation) holds all rights to appoint anyone during the recruitment period. All decisions made by the selection committee are final.