Discovery is a financial services group based in South Africa that has held a strong passion for providing exceptional care for the pool of clients. Supported by a team of highly-intelligent, self-driven professionals, Discovery has been integral to ensuring that everyone unlocks their own version of financial success and contribute a positive change towards their society.
About the Discovery Learnerships 2021
Discovery is offering a learnership for South African applicants interested in getting a recognised national qualification in 5 different professional fields. The Discovery Learnerships is a remarkable learnership that equips you with the foundation of this sector. Throughout the programme, you will be subjected to a structured curriculum that combines both theoretical assessments and practical working sessions held in a real-time company setting. Under the guidance of professional training providers, you will be encouraged to show immense progress as you work your way to a qualification.
The Discovery Learnerships is offered for the following fields:
- Wealth Management
- Long Term Insurance
- Claims Administrator
- IT Technical Support
- Short Term Insurance
Do you think you have what it takes to register for the Discovery Learnerships? Be sure to send in your application as soon as possible! But first, you will need to take a look at the programme’s eligibility criteria. These items will determine whether you’d make a great candidate or not. If you’d like to check your qualifications, be sure to take a look at the eligibility criteria below. If you’d like to guarantee a higher chance of success, it’s advisable that you meet all these times in the following list.
The Discovery Learnerships Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
1. Basic Requirements
- Possesses a Grade 12 qualification with the following scores:
- English (at least Level 4 – 50% score)
- Maths (at least Level 4 – 50% score)
- 2nd Language (e.g. Home Language/Afrikaans, at least Level 4 – 50% score)
- Maths Literacy (at least Level 5 – 60% score)
2. Specific Requirements
- Is not pursuing any forms of employment
- Only South African nationals who were born in the country will be considered
- Not having finished a tertiary qualification
- Not to be enrolled in post-secondary education
- Possess fundamental computer abilities, namely in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook.
- Have not participated in any prior learnerships
- Currently between the ages of 18 and 25 years of age
- Possess excellent writing and spoken communication abilities in the English language, both written and oral.
- Discovery Learnerships 2021 – Wealth Management
- Discovery Learnerships 2021 – Long Term Insurance
- Discovery Learnerships 2021 – Claims Administrator
- Discovery Learnerships 2021 – IT Technical Support
- Discovery Learnerships 2021 – Short Term Insurance
- Discovery Learnerships 2021 – Short Term Insurance.
If you think this job’s right for you, feel free to access the online application portal above. This is where you will need to put in all the required information that will be integral towards the entire registration period.
Additionally, you will be asked to upload your most recent Curriculum Vitae. Make sure your CV contains the relevant information, such as your strengths, skills, and qualifications. This document is a great chance for you to showcase yourself as a potential candidate and why you deserve to be chosen.
By sending in your applications, you are hereby giving permission to the selection committee to have your personal information utilized for registration purposes. The information will be shared across all members to see whether you’d make a great fit or not.
Applications will be subjected to further evaluation and vetting procedures to verify the validity of candidates. Anyone discovered to be falsifying any aspects of their applications will be disqualified from the registration period.
Candidates must process their applications through the portal provided above. Alternatively, you can choose to apply using your LinkedIn account. You will have your information automatically synced into the system, saving you much more time from having to insert your information one by one.
Important Note: the applications for the programme will be adhering to the company’s Employment Equity Plans and Targets. Therefore, the selection committee encourages candidates of various disabilities to give this opportunity a shot.
Application is available as long as it is not deleted on its official website.
Candidates are advised to send in their applications as soon as possible. This will leave you with some time to properly evaluate the contents of your applications. Kindly prepare your applications at your earliest convenience.
Discovery reserves the rights to make an appointment or not during the recruitment process. All decisions made by the selection committee are final.