About the Western Cape Dept of Social Development
The Western Cape Department of Social Development is a Social Welfare Service that works in collaboration with stakeholders and civil society organizations to provide assistance to the poor and disadvantaged. Additionally, it is recognized as a Community Development Service that delivers sustainable development programs that assist communities in becoming more self-reliant and independent.
To achieve this, the department strives to assure the provision of a comprehensive network of social development services that empowers and enables the poor, the vulnerable, and those with special needs. It also strives to ensure that services are accessible to those who need them and for the communities within the area.
About the Western Cape Dept of Social Development Job Vacancy as Social Worker 2022
The Western Cape Dept of Social Development is offering employment positions as professional Social Workers in five (5) different locations in South Africa. The Western Cape Dept of Social Development Job Vacancy as Social Worker job opening provides a chance for applicants to exhibit their social work skills within the Service Delivery Area by encouraging social change, problem-solving in human interactions, and empowering and liberating individuals in order to improve their overall well-being.
As a Western Cape Dept of Social Development Job Vacancy as Social Worker, you will be required to tackle the duties below:
- Provide a social work service in the areas of care, support, protection, and development for vulnerable people, groups, families, and communities via the implementation of appropriate programs (casework, group work and community work)
- Pay attention to everything that contributes to or derives from societal instability in whatever manner
- Supervise and provide assistance to social auxiliary workers
- Continue to keep up with the latest advancements in the disciplines of social work and social welfare
- Carry out all administrative responsibilities as assigned by the employer.
For application purposes, please take note of the Western Cape Dept of Social Development Job Vacancy as Social Worker Reference Number:
- Theewaterskloof: WCG211117-4
- Mitchells Plain: WCG211117-3
- Outeniekwa: WCG211117-2
- Eerste River & Khayelitsha: WCG211117-13
- Gugulethu: WCG211117-1
To be considered for the Western Cape Dept of Social Development Job Vacancy as Social Worker, candidates must first satisfy certain qualifying requirements before progressing with their applications. Each of the factors listed below will decide whether or not you have what it takes to be considered for this position. Candidates are strongly recommended to satisfy all of the prerequisites listed below in order to ensure a successful application.
The Western Cape Dept of Social Development Job Vacancy as Social Worker Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
1. Basic Qualifications
- Possesses a formal tertiary qualification in the field of Social Work (Bachelor of Social Work) that will make you eligible for any registration with the South African Council for Social Service Professions as Social Worker
- Officially registered with the South African Council for Social Service Professions as a Social Worker
- Owns a legitimate Driving License (Code B).
2. Grade-Based Qualifications
- Grade 1: Doesn’t have any experience at all
- Grade 2: Has at least 10 years of relevant experience within the field of Social Work post-registration as a Social Worker with the South African Council for Social Service Professions
- Grade 3: Has at least 20 years of relevant experience within the field of Social Work post-registration as a Social Worker with the South African Council for Social Service Professions
- Grade 4: Has at least 30 years of relevant experience within the field of Social Work post-registration as a Social Worker with the South African Council for Social Service Professions.
3. Personal Attributes
- Legislation, policy, and prescriptions that are applicable (norms and standards)
- Social workers should follow a framework for supervision
- To improve social well-being, it is necessary to have a thorough grasp of human behaviour and social systems, as well as the ability to intervene at the points where individuals interact with their surroundings
- Theoretical and practical applications of social work
- Manage information and knowledge in an effective and efficient manner
- Protocol and professional ethics are important considerations
- Social dynamics, work ideals and principles are all important considerations
- Others’ development and empowerment are important
- Developing the ability to question the systemic causes of poverty, injustice, oppression, discrimination, and exclusion is essential
- Having the skill and competency to help people, families, groups, organizations, and communities in order to improve their social functioning and problem-solving abilities is referred to as “social work”
- The capacity to promote, repair, maintain, advocate for, and improve the functioning of people, families, groups, and communities, allowing them to complete tasks, avoid and relieve suffering, and make optimal use of available resources
- Shows proven understanding in computer literacy
- Excellent organizational and planning abilities
- Capabilities in presentation and facilitation
- Customer orientation and customer focus are two terms that are used interchangeably
- Knowing how to give social work services in order to safeguard persons who are vulnerable, in danger, or unable to defend themselves.
- Western Cape Dept of Social Development Job Vacancy as Social Worker 2022 – Theewaterskloof
- Western Cape Dept of Social Development Job Vacancy as Social Worker 2022 – Mitchells Plain
- Western Cape Dept of Social Development Job Vacancy as Social Worker 2022 – Outeniekwa
- Western Cape Dept of Social Development Job Vacancy as Social Worker 2022 – Eerste River & Khayelitsha
- Western Cape Dept of Social Development Job Vacancy as Social Worker 2022 – Gugulethu.
It is advised that you use Google Chrome as your web browser in order to access the aforementioned web address (see above).
For the purpose of submitting their applications, candidates are needed to create an account on the application site. It will be necessary to log in to this account for the length of the registration procedure.
Making sure that your account information is safeguarded at all times can assist to guarantee that your account is protected at all times. Never give out your account information to anybody else, particularly your password, since it is very sensitive.
As an alternative, you may sign up using Google, Facebook, or LinkedIn, which are all free services. Rather than having to register a new account from the beginning, you will save a huge amount of time.
It will be reviewed by the whole selection committee, which will include you, and all of the information you provide will be kept strictly secret, as stated in the contract. So you should double-check everything to make sure there isn’t any misleading or false material included therein. The candidates may be put in a potentially dangerous scenario if it is determined that they are presenting false information to the interviewer.
The information you enter will be used by the selection committee in order to register you for the event. By submitting your applications, you are granting the committee permission to use your personal information for the purposes of the committee’s investigation.
Candidates must submit their applications via the website given above in order to be considered for consideration. Failure to provide documents by other methods, such as hand delivery or fax, will result in the application being refused by the committee responsible for reviewing the application.
Applications for the Western Cape Dept of Social Development Job Vacancy as Social Worker must be submitted before the closing date on 17 January 2022.
It is possible to guarantee that your application is protected as soon as possible by registering as soon as feasible. However, this does not guarantee immediate success and is just designed to give you a stable position during the recruitment process.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted by the selection committee. Candidates that submit their applications after the deadline will not be considered. All submissions submitted after the deadline, regardless of their substance, will be discarded without further consideration.
Western Cape Dept of Social Development has the right to offer or refuse employment to anybody at any time at its sole and absolute discretion. The decisions of the choosing committee are final and binding on all parties engaged in the process.