Vodacom is a South African company that specializes in communication technologies and services. The company currently offers an array of services which provides coverage for data, text messaging, voice messaging, and any integrated features. As a public company based in Midrand, Gauteng, Vodacom is recognized as a prominent name within the African Telecommunication Industry. Since their formation in 1994, Vodacom has managed to accommodate a mass amount of more than 60 million customers. Users typically originate from 40 different African countries, ranging from Tanzania, Mozambique, and even Lesotho. The company’s total staff of more than 10 000 employees dedicate themselves to come up with the best network services at the most cost-friendly prices. By making sure that all of their customers stay connected through their data services, Vodacom is on the right route to becoming the world’s biggest company with a focus on mobile communications.
Vodacom Internship & Graduate Programme 2021
Vodacom is currently offering both Internship and Graduate Programmes to South African individuals who would like to work in a Telecommunication Industry. Vodacom is a huge believer of their employees potential. In order to bring forth a new generation of employees that will contribute greatly to their company, Vodacom is issuing these programmes as a means to encourage local individuals to upskill themselves as a fellow worker. By providing the necessary educational support and education, Vodacom believes that their efforts to give back to their local communities will bring forth youths with immense talent and passion for this particular line of work.
As previously mentioned, there are two kinds of programmes: the Vodacom Internship Programme, and the Vodacom Graduate Programme.
1. The Vodacom Internship Programme
The Vodacom Internship is a training programme that allows participants to experience a real-time working environment for 12 months. The purpose of this internship is to ensure that all participants are able to develop their talents or skills which prove to be useful for Vodacom, and provide the necessary competencies that are required in a techno-based industry. On top of getting familiar with this work environment, interns will also be entitled to an income, and may be eligible for a transition to the Vodacom Graduate Programme or any permanent positions (per availability).
In order to apply for the Vodacom Internship Programme, applicants will need to finish a minimum of their undergraduate degree (or anything equivalent) at the very latest the end of 2020. Upon acceptance into the internship, participants will be subject to a fixed term agreement, and will need to start the programme on 1 February and 1 March 2021.
2. The Vodacom Graduate Programme
The Vodacom Graduate Programme is a 2-year programme that focuses on skills development of their future workers which may lead o a permanent working opportunity afterwards. Under this programme, participants will be able to experience knowledgeable mentorship from professional coaches who have immense expertise in the field. Additionally, participants will be required to be involved in an on-the-job training session under a real-time working environment. However, in this programme, participants will be entitled to benefits and a full salary, something that only full time employees can receive.
Upon successful completion of the programme after 2 years, participants will be subject to a transition into another position in the company. Should you wish to continue under the supervision of Discover, you may stand a chance to partake in any international roles that will allow you to get out of your comfort zone. Selected participants will need to start this programme on 1 February 2021.
To apply for the Vodacom Internship & Graduate Programme 2021, candidates will need to be able to fulfill an extensive eligibility criteria. Each of these items below will determine whether you will be accepted into any either of the programme or not. Failure to meet everything below will reduce your chances of success with the application procedure. Therefore, may sure you pay attention to everything in this list.
The Vodacom Internship & Graduate Programme 2021 Requirements are as follows:
1. Basic Requirements
- Officially recognized as a citizen of South Africa either by Birth/Naturalisation – however, the programme will allow citizens originating from Mozambique, DRC, Kenya, Tanzania, Ghana, and Lesotho to register for the programme
- Has any prior working experience after graduation from studies, but most not exceed 2 years
- Has at least an NQF 7 B-degree qualification (e.g. B-Com, B-Tech)
- Has an educational qualification of a 3-year National Diploma (NQF 6) who have pursued any one of these study courses:
- Computer Software Engineering
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Information Systems/Information Technology
- Has obtained at least a 65% score aggregate for their most updated result scores in academia
- Currently 26 years old or below.
2. Working Attributes
- Knows how to manage their time during work
- Displays interpersonal capabilities
- Able to communicate in an effective manner
- Shows passion for the Telecommunications Industry
- Adapts to dynamic working environment
- Displays a great level of resilience
- Up-to-date with the latest digital technologies
- Willing to provide the ultimate customer satisfaction
- Passionate in coming up with new innovations
- Able to assess through complex situations and problems.
Apply online Vodacom Internship & Graduate Programme 2021.
In order to register for either the Vodacom Internship or Graduate Programme 2021, please make sure that you follow these strict application instructions below:
- First, all incoming candidates are highly advised to meet all of the requirements that have been mentioned above before starting on their application procedures
- Second, fill in your applications and all of the pre-screening questions with accurate and complete information
- Third, have all of your valid academic transcripts/results, and Identity Documents attached to your applications
- Fourth, please indicate which programme you plan on applying for (e.g. Internship Programme, Graduate Programme, or even both)
- Fifth, send in your applications – upon submission, the application as well as your documentation will be subject to further assessment directly by Vodacom’s Resourcing Team, in which they will give you feedback
- Finally, selected candidates who have passed the application round will receive an invitation to join the programme’s digital assessment, which will take place online.
The applications for the Vodacom Internship & Graduate Programme 2021 will accept submissions until its closing date on 31 August 2020. Since the committee has zero tolerance for lateness, applications sent past the deadline will automatically be disregarded.
Vodacom Contact Details
Physical Address: 082 Vodacom Boulevard, Midrand, 1682, South Africa
E-mail Address: [email protected]