Eskom Hld SOC Ltd, commonly referred to as Eskom, stands as a prominent public utility dedicated to supplying electricity across South Africa. Established in 1923, the organization was initially named the Electricity Supply Commission (ESCOM), also recognized by its Afrikaans moniker, Elektrisiteitsvoorsieningskommissie (EVKOM). Over its longstanding history, Eskom has played a pivotal role in powering the nation. Tasked with the crucial responsibility of power management, Eskom Holdings oversees the complete lifecycle of electricity provision, encompassing generation, transportation, and distribution. Remarkably, the entity covers an impressive 95% of the electricity utilized within South Africa, making a substantial contribution, accounting for 60% of the total electricity consumption on the African continent.
Notably, Eskom ranks eleventh globally in terms of production capacity among power utilities. Furthermore, in sales volume, it holds the ninth position, underscoring its significant market presence. An additional feather in its cap is the operation of the world’s largest dry-cooling power station, showcasing its technological prowess and commitment to sustainable energy solutions. Eskom’s enduring legacy and continued efforts underscore its dedication to powering not only South Africa but also playing a vital role on the global energy stage.
About the Eskom Graduate Traineeships 2024-2026
Eskom is offering candidates the chance to improve their abilities and knowledge with their professional Graduate Traineeships in multiple study fields. These traineeships encompass a wide array of study fields, allowing individuals to specialize and grow within their chosen domain. By participating in these traineeships, individuals can tailor their learning experience to align with their interests and career goals, ultimately fostering expertise and expertise within their chosen domain.
This initiative not only supports the development of the individuals but also contributes to the advancement of the energy sector, ensuring a skilled and capable workforce for a sustainable future. As candidates engage with Eskom’s Graduate Traineeships, they immerse themselves in a transformative journey that equips them with the necessary skills, knowledge, and mindset to make meaningful contributions to the energy industry and beyond.
The Eskom Graduate Traineeships are available for the fields and locations below. There are a total of – positions available.
Ensure to promptly submit your learnership application for Eskom Graduate Traineeships. Begin by thoroughly examining the prerequisites for program participation. Your eligibility will be assessed based on your background and experience. Refer to the eligibility requirements listed below to confirm your credentials. To enhance your chances of success, diligently review and fulfill each item on the provided checklist.
The Eskom Graduate Traineeships Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
1. Academic Qualifications
- B. Degree in Environmental Science
- B degree in Finance/Accounting
- Law Degree
- B degree in Commerce
- B degree in Computer/Information Science/Engineering
- B degree in Logistics/Transport/Supply chain
- National Diploma in Finance/Accounting
- B degree in Human Resources
- B. Degree in Safety Management
- National Diploma in Logistics/Transport/Supply chain
- B degree in Land Surveying
- B degree in Quantity Surveying
2. Personal Attributes
- Hone good communication skills.
- Grasp technical concepts effectively.
- Prioritize safety awareness.
- Approach tasks with conscientiousness and self-discipline.
- Take responsibility and demonstrate commitment.
- Cultivate emotional resilience.
- Exhibit proficiency in performing physical work.
- Maintain a positive attitude.
- Collaborate effectively as part of a team.
- Graduate in Training Fleet Distribution LimLanga Cluster External eMalahleni – Closing Date: 27 November 2023
- Graduate-in-Training x4 Customer Services Distribution Polokwane, Thohoyandou and Bela Bela – Closing Date: 27 November 2023
- Graduate-in-Training x1 Human Resources Distribution Polokwane – Closing Date: 27 November 2023
- Graduate-in-Training x1 CS Demand side Management Distribution Polokwane – Closing Date: 27 November 2023
- Graduate in Training Customer Services Distribution LimLanga Cluster External Mbombela – Closing Date: 27 November 2023
- Graduate-in-Training x1 Information Management Distribution Polokwane – Closing Date: 27 November 2023
- Graduate-in-Training (Distribution) Emalahleni (Mpumalanga) x1 – Closing Date: 27 November 2023
- Graduate in Training – Closing Date: 28 November 2023
- Graduate in Training (Distribution) Bellville – Closing Date: 28 November 2023
- Graduate-in-Training Finance (Distribution) Johannesburg (LimLanga Cluster) x4 – Closing Date: 29 November 2023
- Graduate-in-Training Human Resources (Distribution) Mbombela (Mpumalanga) – Closing Date: 29 November 2023
- Graduate in Training X 2 (Distribution) New Germany – Closing Date: 30 November 2023
- Graduate-in-Training x1 Distribution Polokwane – Closing Date: 30 November 2023
- Graduate in Training (Distribution) Western Cape Bellville – Closing Date: 30 November 2023
- Graduates in Training X 12 (Distribution) GEMMA Cluster – NW – Closing Date: 01 December 2023
- Graduates in Training X 8 (Distribution) GEMMA Cluster – NC – Closing Date: 01 December 2023
- Graduate-in-Training (Distribution Megawatt Park) – Closing Date: 05 December 2023
To access the provided web address (refer above), it’s advised to use Google Chrome as your web browser.
For application submission, candidates are required to create an account on the application portal and use this account throughout the registration process.
Alternatively, applying via a mobile phone is more convenient than using a computer. If you have an Android OS mobile phone, you can utilize Google Chrome as your web browser, as it comes pre-installed and eliminates the need for additional browser installations.
When submitting your applications, you authorize the selection committee to utilize your personal information for event registration, encompassing details like your name, address, and email.
To ensure application authenticity, submissions will undergo thorough screening and verification processes. Misrepresentation of any part of the application will result in disqualification from the registration process.
Candidates must submit their applications via the provided website link. The selection committee will not consider materials submitted through alternate methods, such as hand delivery or fax.
Applications for the Eskom Artisan Learnerships must be submitted before the closing date on 27 November – 05 December 2023.
The committee in charge of selections has a strict policy of zero tolerance for late applications. Submissions received after the registration deadline will not be acknowledged.
Applicants are strongly advised to submit their materials as soon as possible. This will provide you with ample time to thoroughly analyze the information in your applications. Prepare your applications at your earliest convenience.
Notifications will only be sent to candidates who successfully pass the selection process. If you do not receive communication from the selection committee within 28 days after the closing date, unfortunately, you have not been selected for the program.
Throughout the selection process, Eskom has the discretion to decide whether or not to proceed with appointments. The decisions made by the selection committee are final and cannot be reversed under any circumstances.
Feel free to inquire about Eskom Graduate Traineeships. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask. You can direct your inquiries and concerns to the contact person provided below.
- Email address: [email protected]