Sibanye-Stillwater is a company that has made a remarkable name for itself in the mining industry. With a diverse portfolio of platinum group metal (PGM) and gold operations in the United States and South Africa, as well as a leading platinum group metal (PGM) catalytic converter recycling operation in the United States, Sibanye-Stillwater is a leading mining group committed to operating in the most environmentally friendly manner possible. The Group has also lately began to expand and diversify its portfolio into the battery metals industry, with a focus on the Americas and Europe, in order to better serve its customers.
Establishing itself as a primary producer of platinum, palladium, and rhodium in 2013, the Group has expanded and diversified into one of the world’s major primary producers of these metals. It is also a top tier gold producer, ranking third worldwide on a gold-equivalent basis. As a by-product, it also generates additional platinum group metals (PGMs), such as iridium and ruthenium, as well as chromium, copper, and nickel.
About the Sibanye-Stillwater Job Vacancy as Lampsman 2022
Sibanye-Stillwater is offering an employment opportunity based in North West for anybody looking to work in the Engineering department as a qualified Lampsman. The Sibanye-Stillwater Job Vacancy as Lampsman is a permanent position that’s offered by the company to anybody looking to pursue a fruitful career in the industry.
As a Lampsman, you will be required to perform the following duties:
- Units that need to be repaired by the OEM are identified
- Ascertain that the monthly budget allotted to the Lamproom is being appropriately managed and monitored
- Repairs to each individual instrument in the Lamproom are meticulously documented and maintained on file
- Ensure that a daily written report is sent to the appropriate Foreman and Mine Overseers, notifying them of any equipment that has not been taken underground or returned by the intended user
- Provide a written report to the relevant Engineer and Manager on a monthly basis about the condition of the equipment housed in the Lamproom
- Check for any deviations in the equipment
- Flammable gas monitoring and measurement devices are repaired and calibrated as needed
- Maintaining and controlling calibrating equipment is a must
- Units to be repaired and calibrated are identified and recorded
- Orders are arranged for the necessary spare parts as well as for a service contract for repairs and preventative maintenance
- Create a system to guarantee that there is an adequate supply of gas detection instruments, portable lighting, and SCSR units on hand
- Every day, submit a report to the Engineering Foreman who is in charge of the project
- Lamp charging, lamp distribution, self-containment rescuers, M-Lites, flint lighters, and gas instruments are all available
- Maintain enough spare parts inventories to meet the needs of monthly repairs and maintenance.
For application purposes, please take note of the Sibanye-Stillwater Job Vacancy as Lampsman’s Reference Number: 507592.
Do you think you have what it takes to register for the Sibanye-Stillwater Job Vacancy as Lampsman? Be sure to send in your application as soon as possible! But first, you will need to take a look at the position’s eligibility criteria. These items will determine whether you’d make a great candidate or not. If you’d like to check your qualifications, be sure to take a look at the eligibility criteria below. If you’d like to guarantee a higher chance of success, it’s advisable that you meet all these times in the following list.
The Sibanye-Stillwater Job Vacancy as Lampsman Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
- Has an NQF Level 4 qualification (National Senior Certificate/Grade 12/Adult Senior Certificate)
- Owns a legitimate Lampsman Certificate directly issued by the DMR
- Understands computer literacy, especially in Microsoft Office
- Shows proven fluency in the English Language
- Considered to be medically healthy for the job vacancy, and must passed the medical examination in any Sibanye Stillwater Occupational Health Centre
- Has a certification from the OEM that allows you to perform any reparations of instrumentation within the Lamproom (advantageous)
- Understands SAP knowledge (advantageous).
Apply online: Sibanye-Stillwater Job Vacancy as Lampsman 2022.
In order to visit the website indicated above, it is recommended that you use Google Chrome as your browser.
Candidates are required to register on the application portal in order to submit their applications. This account will be required for the duration of the registration process.
You can also register using Google, Facebook, or LinkedIn, as an alternative. You will save a significant amount of time by not having to create an account from scratch.
The selection committee will use the information you provide to register you for the event. By submitting your applications, you are giving the committee permission to use your personal information for this reason.
It is necessary for candidates to submit their applications through the website listed above. Attempts to submit materials by other means, such as by hand delivery or fax, will be denied by the committee evaluating the application.
Applications for the Sibanye-Stillwater Job Vacancy as Lampsman must be submitted before the closing date on 22 February 2022.
The selection committee has absolute zero tolerance for late applications. Submissions made past the closing date will not be acknowledged during the registration period.
Candidates are advised to send in their applications as soon as possible. This will leave you with some time to properly evaluate the contents of your applications. Kindly prepare your applications at your earliest convenience.
Announcements will only be made to shortlisted candidates. If you do not hear back from the selection committee within 14 days past the closing date, we regret to inform you that you have not been selected for the opportunity.
Sibanye-Stillwater reserves the rights to make an appointment or not during the recruitment process. All decisions made by the selection committee are final.