About Orion Hotels
The Orion Group was created by the CEO, Franz Gmeiner in 1991, with the acquisition of an 11 story office tower in central Johannesburg. A consistent rate of purchases led to the purchase of the Devonshire office tower and hotel complex in the Braamfontein sector of Johannesburg in the year 1996. This purchase was the consequence of a regular flow of acquisitions. The present Orion Hotels portfolio consists of 15 hotels, resorts, and lodges. The hotel operations of Hotel Devonshire were taken over from the tenant in March of 1999, and this marked the beginning of the Orion Hotels portfolio.
Orion is the only large-scale boutique hotel company in southern Africa, and its properties include private game lodges, historic hotels, luxury estates, city hotels, and rural retreats. Their hotels make Orion the only boutique hotel group in southern Africa. To accommodate the needs of their rainbow country, this one-of-a-kind assortment of distinct hotels, each of which was hand-picked, offers a diverse and thrilling variety of experiences.
About the Orion Hotels Job Vacancy as Receptionist 2022
Orion Hotels is searching for capable candidates who are passionate about devolping a career in Hospitality by becoming a qualified and reliable Receptionist. The Orion Hotels Job Vacancy as Receptionist is an entry-level position who is looking for applicants whose strengths include providing ultimate customer satisfaction and exceptional Front Office service to their guests.
As a Receptionist, your job is as follows:
- Providing customers with a Front Office service that is both effective and professional while complying to the company’s regulations and procedures and making use of Protel, the company’s internal booking system
- Keeping the environment around the hotel reception desk nice, clean, and organized, and arranging the brochures, rate sheets, and maps so that they are easy to read
- The check-in and check-out processes for each and every guest are required to function smoothly at all times and be carried out in an effective and professional way
- Ensuring that each and every visitor is welcomed and accommodated in an effective, pleasant, and polite way, as well as answering to each and every guest’s questions and/or complaints in a manner that is to their complete satisfaction
- Required skills include the ability to conduct night audits
- Ensuring that each and every visitor’s account is accurate and prepared before the guest checks out
- Observing and participating in all of the internal control processes
- Ensuring that any and all inquiries and requests for price quotes are responded to as soon as possible and in compliance with the policies and procedures of the organization
- Taking the necessary steps to ensure that he or she is always familiar with all of the hotel’s tariffs and special offers, as well as all of the services that are offered to hotel guests
- Ensuring that all of the visitor profiles are put into the system in the appropriate manner and that the system directs them to the appropriate business
- Ensuring that personalized comments, guest preferences, and other such details are carefully considered
- Ensure that each and every incoming telephone call is handled in an effective and polite way.
Please be kindly informed that you will be entitled to a generous salary of R72 000-R96 000/annum.
If you’re certain of joining the Orion Hotels Job Vacancy as Receptionist, feel free to sign up! If you are still unsure whether you’d make a good fit, don’t worry. All you have to do is check the requirements below and re-check your qualifications with the selection committee’s standards. If you’d like to stand a chance of acceptance, make sure you fulfill all of the criteria that are mentioned. Failure to do so might not get you automatically disqualified, but it could reduce your chances of acceptance.
The Orion Hotels Job Vacancy as Receptionist Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
- Has a minimum of 2 (two) years of prior professional expereince as a Receptionist at a Hotel
- Displays basic understanding of Computer Literacy
- Displays solid working knowledge of Property Management
- Advantageous: experience with Protel
- Advantageous: has prior experience dealing with reservations
- Advantageous: has prior experience running Night Audit.
Apply online: Orion Hotels Job Vacancy as Receptionist 2022.
It is recommended that you use Google Chrome to get access to the web site mentioned above.
Please fill out the application site with your most relevant responses by typing them into the appropriate areas. All of the personal information you submit should be accurate and correspond to your actual circumstances.
Candidates are required to upload a couple of documents, which include their profile photo as well as their Curriculum Vitae (CV). These two pieces of documents are vital things that should be compiled.
Alternatively, you can apply using your handphone, since it is much more practical than applying via computer. If you are using an OS Android handphone, you can use Google Chrome as your web browser. Since Google Chrome is automatically available in OS Android handphones, you don’t have to install any other browsers.
Applications will be subjected to further evaluation and vetting procedures to verify the validity of candidates. Anyone discovered to be falsifying any aspects of their applications will be disqualified from the registration period.
Candidates are required to submit their applications using the website linked to above. Attempts to submit materials via other means, such as hand delivery or fax, will be rejected by the selection committee.
Applications for the Orion Hotels Job Vacancy as Receptionist must be submitted before the closing date on 12 October 2022.
Make sure you secure your application as soon as possie by registering early. The purpose behind this is to ensure that you have a safe position during the recruitment phase (however, it doesn’t guarantee immediate success).
There will be no consideration given to candidates whose applications are received beyond the deadline by the selection committee. After the deadline has passed, all contributions that were submitted in will be automatically disqualified.
Orion Hotels retains the right to choose whether or not to offer employment to any individual. The decisions that the selecting committee comes to are irrevocable in every case.