About ASSET (Association for Educational Transformation)
In South Africa’s Western Cape province, you’ll find the headquarters of the Association for Educational Transformation. They are a non-profit organization that works to help students from low-income communities realize their full educational potential and to contribute to the process of educational transformation in South Africa. Their mission is to provide students with opportunities to realize their full educational potential.
It has a long and distinguished history of servicing the educational requirements of underprivileged pupils and once functioned under the aegis of the Cape Western Region of the South African Institute of Race Relations (SA Institute of Race Relations). Their work has been made possible by the generous funding received from local, national, and international donors, and over the years the organization has made a significant contribution to the educational development in the country as well as to the general well-being of the community that it serves.
About the ASSET (Association for Educational Transformation) Bursary 2023
ASSET (Association for Educational Transformation) is providing generous financial aid for talented South African students interested in tertiary education. The ASSET (Association for Educational Transformation) Bursary is a program that invites individuals from all various kinds of backgrounds and seeks to include as many people as possible.
If you are selected as a recipient of the award, you will get the assistance you need to pursue the academic qualification you want. You are strongly urged to take advantage of this chance if you have achieved outstanding success in your academic pursuits and have shown other admirable characteristics as a student.
Do you think you have what it takes to register for the ASSET (Association for Educational Transformation) Bursary? Be sure to send in your application as soon as possible! But first, you will need to take a look at the programme’s eligibility criteria. These items will determine whether you’d make a great candidate or not. If you’d like to check your qualifications, be sure to take a look at the eligibility criteria below. If you’d like to guarantee a higher chance of success, it’s advisable that you meet all these times in the following list.
The ASSET (Association for Educational Transformation) Bursary Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
- Residents of the Western Cape who are citizens of South Africa are the only people who may apply
- Students who are currently enrolled in the 12th grade who have plans to pursue an associate’s degree, bachelor’s degree, or higher credential are eligible
- You are required to fulfill the admissions criteria for the area of study that you have selected.
- A total monthly income of less than R18 000 for a family with two children; for each additional child, this threshold will be raised by R2 000
- Combined yearly income that is more than 350 thousand rand but less than 600 thousand rand (missing middle)
- Candidates whose socioeconomic circumstances have made it more difficult for them to get an equitable education, particularly those who come from rural regions and/or informal settlements, are given priority
- Priority will be given to applicants who have attended schools that have been labeled as “dysfunctional,” but who have nonetheless been accepted into a university
- Candidates whose test scores demonstrate an ability that is much higher than average in areas that are relevant to the field of study they want to pursue will be given preference
- Candidates who have an outstanding attendance record and have shown dedication while participating in the ASSET Learner Development Programme (Saturday School) and have achieved qualifying results at HEIs are given priority.
Apply via email: [email protected] (ASSET (Association for Educational Transformation) Bursary 2023).
First off, you will need to download the relevant application form:
- ASSET (Association for Educational Transformation) Bursary 2023 (New Applicants)
- ASSET (Association for Educational Transformation) Bursary 2023 (Renewal Students).
Please fill out the application form with your most relevant responses by typing them into the appropriate areas. All of the personal information you submit should be accurate and correspond to your actual circumstances.
You can send your email application using your handphone, since it is much more practical than applying via computer. If you are using an OS Android handphone, you can use your Gmail app to send the emails and any CVs/files that needs to be attached.
Candidates will need to attach certified copies of the following documents as well:
- Your Identity Document
- Your mid-year results issued directly by your tertiary institution or school
- Final results must be submitted as soon as they are available. NB. 2nd, 3rd or final year students, please attach FULL academic transcripts
- Documents as evidence from all income earners in your home.
All these documents must be included in your application dossier. Incomplete applications will automatically be disqualified.
Besides email, you can post or hand deliver your application to the address below:
Association for Educational Transformation (ASSET)
5 Long Street, Mowbray, 7700,
Western Cape, South Africa
By submitting your applications, you are granting permission to the selection committee to use your personal information for the purpose of registering you for the event.
The information you provide will be reviewed by the whole selection committee, which will include you. As a result, you should double-check to ensure that there is no fictitious information. If there is any evidence that applicants are giving false information, they may be placed in a risky position.
Candidates are required to submit their applications via the website linked to above. Attempts to submit materials via other means, such as hand delivery or fax, will be rejected by the selection committee.
Applications for the ASSET (Association for Educational Transformation) Bursary must be submitted before the closing date on 30 September 2022.
You can guarantee that your application will be processed as quickly as possible if you sign up as soon as you possibly can. Despite this, there is no assurance that you will be successful right away; rather, the purpose of this is to put you in a secure position while the recruiting process continues.
Candidates who submit their applications after the deadline will be eliminated from the selection process by the committee in charge of making that decision. Any submissions that are received after the contest’s end date will automatically be disqualified, regardless of the content of the entry.
Announcements will only be made to successful candidates. If you do not hear back from the selection committee by the end of February, we regret to inform you that you have not been chosen for the bursary.
ASSET (Association for Educational Transformation) retains the authority to choose whether or not to make employment opportunities available to any individual. The decisions of the selection committee are final and must be adhered to by all of the relevant parties.
Do you have a question regarding the ASSET (Association for Educational Transformation) Bursary? Don’t hesitate to ask! Feel free to send in your enquiries and concerns to the contact person below:
Telephone Number: +27 21 685 1025