UNAIDS is a global organization that strives to put an end to public health threats such as AIDS and achieve a series of Sustainable Development Goals. The formation of this organization was due to the HIV epidemic that occurred 35 years ago. Approximately 78 million individuals were affected due to HIV, with a huge majority of them having died from AIDS-related repercussions. In 1996, it has become a unanimous decision that UNAIDS were to responsible for the eradication of HIV within these nations. Through partnerships on a global to local scale, constant innovation, and upholding new initiatives, UNAIDS works hard to uplift the levels of community members that are heavily affected by the disease.
The tasks and duties that are assigned to UNAIDS vary from one initiative to another. However, their work ethic remains the same. The organization implements a strategic approach as they solve issues pertaining to HIV. UNAIDS has played a major role in compiling information and conducting evidence-based research regarding HIV. This compilation of data then gets translated into reports which will then be the foundation for future policies. These will then bring forth life-saving services that are provided to reduce the strains of HIV. A reliable problem-solver at its best, UNAIDS is the light that brings hope onto nations.
UNAIDS Job Vacancy as Driver 2021
UNAIDS is offering current employment seekers a grand opportunity to apply for their advertised job vacancy as a designated driver for international officials. The UNAIDS Job Vacancy as Driver is a 2-year position based in Pretoria, South Africa. UNAIDS is an organization the encourages leadership no matter what your position is. The overall staff team commit themselves to uplifting the general public by striving for their implemented Sustainable Development Goals. Being a part of UNAIDS bears a greater meaning and values that extends outside of your job post. You are invited to become a part of a major positive change in the country.
During the period of work, drivers are assigned with several responsibilities that will be performed in this particular job, such as:
- Providing safe and secure driving services for Office staff members and consultants
- Transporting official vehicles for official members, staff workers, and governmental visitors of UNAIDS to and for the airport
- Giving assistance with basic visa enquiries and customs as per required in certain situations
- Delivering documents and mails, and packages
- Keeping all received documents under security
- Providing interpretation of different local languages when it’s necessary
- Maintaining official vehicles, such as repairs, tire checks, regular car washings, and more.
For application purposes, please take note of the UNAIDS Job Vacancy as Driver’s Vacancy No.: UNAIDS/20/FT59.
Interested candidates of the UNAIDS Job Vacancy as Driver are required to fulfill a series of criteria before proceeding with the registration. Each of these items below will determine the success rate of your applications. To guarantee a spot in the eyes of your future employees, it is recommended that you meet all these items below. Failure to do so will cause disadvantageous consequences towards the overall results of your applications. Be sure to jot down everything in this list for your reference.
The UNAIDS Job Vacancy as Driver Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
1. Educational Qualifications
- Officially recognized as a legitimate citizen of South Africa
- Owns an official work permit or residence
- Finished their secondary school education (alternatively, any technical or vocational training qualification that is relevant to the line of work)
- Possesses a legitimate Driver’s License
- Displays a strong understanding of vehicle mechanic knowledge
- Committed to the AIDS response initiative
- Has a high sense of integrity
- Respects diversity inside and outside the work environment
- Has their own legitimate passport.
2. Working Competencies
- Becomes a reliable team player
- Communicates efficiently
- Implements their expertise in practical situations
- Delivers quality results
- Providing positive chance and new changes
- Takes responsibility over your own actions.
3. Managerial Abilities
- Has experience with leading teams
- Overseeing the company’s resources
- Uplifting other team members in the company.
4. Prior Experience
- Possesses at least three (3) years of working experience as a professional driver for members of international organizations, governmental institutions, or embassies
- Understands the broad knowledge of existing road regulations and safety procedures
- Knows how to get their way ground through different geographical areas.
5. Language Abilities
- Understands adequate English and speaks the language as well
- Knows how to speak in their local language.
Apply now: UNAIDS Job Vacancy as Driver 2021.
To register for the job position, candidates are required to create an account on the organization’s database. If you do not have an account yet, please follow the instructions below:
- Fill in all the queries with correct, accurate information – candidates who are discovered to be putting in false information that incorrectly represents their current conditions will be disqualified from the programme
- Provide a reachable e-mail address – this address will be your account username on the job portal system
- Wait for a registration confirmation e-mail to be sent to your inbox
- Log in to your account and complete the Personal History form to register for your desired vacancy.
Candidates who have previously created an account can immediately sign in to the portal. You can immediately apply for the job vacancy through the e-Recruitment portal.
Make sure that your account is kept safe and secure from possible privacy breaches. You can prevent any unwanted hacking incidents by not sharing your account credentials to anyone else.
Please be kindly advised that the selection committee will only be accepting applications made through this online portal. Candidates founds to be sending in physical applications to UNAIDS will not be acknowledged by the selection committee.
Since applications take place online, candidates are encouraged to process their registration as soon as possible. Due to the sensitive nature of the Internet, last-minute online application possesses several risks that might interrupt your registration (e.g. heavy online traffic).
Applications for the UNAIDS Job Vacancy as Driver must be submitted before the closing date on 04 January 2021.
The selection committee has absolute zero tolerance towards late applications. Candidates found to be sending in their applications past the deadline will not be acknowledged during the registration period.
With much time available until the closing date, candidates are advised to start preparing their applications from now. This will get you a lot of time to re-assess your application details to guarantee a successful registration.
Future announcements wills only be made to candidates who have been shortlisted for the job vacancy.
UNAIDS welcomes individuals who have HIV to apply for their job position. According to the United Nations HIV/AIDS Personnel Policy that has be implemented by the organization, no individual will receive discrimination due to their real or perceived HIV status. Candidates do not have to disclose their personal details regarding their HIV status. UNAIDS continues to conduct their appointments of new staff based on work efficiency and competence.
Additionally, female workers are more than welcome to give this opportunity a shots. Citizens originating from non-/under-represented member states can try to apply for this job vacancy as a UNAIDS Driver.
Appointed workers under the UNAIDS are expected to adhere to the organization’s Staff Regulations and Rules of the World Health Organization (WHO). On top of that, employees must fulfill the operational practices of UNAIDS, as per according to the amendments that have been taken into place by the whole organization.