Mediclinic is a group of private hospitals that are established across the countries of South Africa and Namibia. At the moment, the group is responsible for the operations of 56 hospitals, and five days clinics in those two nations. As one of Southern Africa’s most prominent hospital chains, Mediclinic emphasizes on providing proper care and integrated hospital services to their patients. The hospital displays great understanding of the medical field and recognizes the importance of using research-based techniques to offer acute solutions to their patients. Currently the group has earned a spot on the London Stock Exchange, the Namibian Stock Exchange, and the Johannesburg Stock Exchange.
As an establishment that deals with the matter of health and medicine, Mediclinic ensures that all workers have a high level of professionalism and expertise. Workers are equipped with a credible skill set and the credible qualifications that has allowed them to directly provide their services to patients. Additionally, workers are expected to abide by the company’s core values to promote excellence in their services. Through respect, team work, and safety, Mediclinic continues to be entrusted by the general public.
About the Mediclinic Pharmacist Internship 2021
Mediclinic is offering an internship programme for South African individuals who are planning to embark on a potential career as a registered Pharmacist. The Mediclinic Pharmacist Internship is a grand opportunity for young people who require practical working experience under a real-time pharmaceutical environment. Interns will work their way into the programme by dealing with a set of responsibility related to the line of work. The experience from this programme will not just elevate your knowledge and skills as a pharmacist, but it will also transform you into a more attractive asset in the job market.
The Mediclinic Pharmacist Internship will take place in the are of Mpumalanga. Through the programme, interns are expected to conduct these following duties:
- Dispensing the correct prescription for patients under the guidance of a professional pharmacists in the company
- Processing the available prescriptions and credits that is received from patients
- Balancing both pharmacy duties and ward registers once you are done with the stock issues
- Understanding and implementing management principles when dealing with stock
- Maintaining proper client care and displaying excellent service.
For application purposes, please kindly take note of the Mediclinic Pharmacist Internship’s Reference Number: MED201211-3.
Candidates interested in the Mediclinic Pharmacist Internship must fulfill the eligibility criteria that comes with the programme. Due to the nature of the internship, candidates must possess a list of appropriate skillset that is required by this specialization. Each of these items below will determine the success rate of your applications. Failure to meet everything might not get you immediately disqualified from the programme. However, it will put your applications in a negative spotlight by the selection committee.
The Mediclinic Pharmacist Internship Eligibility Criteria are as listed below:
- Officially registered as an accredited Pharmacy Student in the South African Pharmacy Council
- Has the ability to implement clinical knowledge and practical experience
- Possesses a strong foundation in medicine stock management under a hospital working environment
- Displays knowledge in medical aid regulations
- Follows the industry trends and is aware of them
- Emphasizes on high quality work output by having a keen eye for the small details
- Solves problems through efficient solving approaches
- Works well with other team members
- Follows the company’s work routines and standard of procedures
- Takes responsibility of their own work
- Puts on a customer-centric attitude
- Available to be a part of stock CPD events as scheduled by the company
- Knows how to use basic Microsoft Office software
- Prepared to work irregular hours (e.g. overtime/after hours)
- Willing to follow Mediclinic’s company values
- Advantageous: previous exposure in a private hospital or a community pharmacy.
Apply now: Mediclinic Pharmacist Internship 2021.
Candidates are required to create an account on the registration portal if you wish to apply for the internship programme. You can easily sign up for an account by using your email.
Once you have your account, please keep it safe with you at all times. Never share your account credentials, especially your password, to others. This is to prevent any possible privacy breaches and misuse of your personal details.
If you already have an account made beforehand, you can simply update your CV (Curriculum Vitae). Make sure your CV reflects the necessary strengths and skills that are proven to be beneficial towards the internship.
To save time, you can choose to sign up for an account using Google, Facebook, or LinkedIn. This will automatically sync your personal details from one of the following accounts.
Before making your application submissions, please make sure that all of the information you have provided accurately represents your current conditions. Candidates found to be sending in false personal details will be disqualified from the registration procedure.
Applications for the Mediclinic Pharmacist Internship must be submitted before the closing date on 18 December 2020.
The selection committee has absolute zero tolerance for late submissions. Candidates found to be sending in their applications past the deadline will not be acknowledged by the committee.
If you find this opportunity to be suitable for you, it is advisable that you start preparing your applications from now on. By getting an early head start, you still have time to double check your registration details and documents.
Mediclinic reserves all rights to make an appointment or not during the recruitment process. All decisions made by the selection committee are final.
Candidates are to be informed that Mediclinic will apply policies set under their Employment Equity Plan in their recruitment process. Mediclinic Southern Africa recognizes the importance of providing equal opportunities towards people of different backgrounds and communities. This a part of the company’s initiative to diversity their working staff to promote inclusivity and productivity.
Therefore, the company will offer preference towards candidates who fulfill the company’s Employment Equity Plan. Additionally. internal candidates/employees who fulfill the eligibility criteria will be considered firsthand before moving onto external candidates.
Do you have a question regarding the Mediclinic Pharmacist Internship? Don’t hesitate to ask! Relay your enquiries or concerns about the programme directly to the Mediclinic Career Centre via the provided contact information below.
Telephone Number: +27 21 861 1000