The South African Police Service, or commonly referred to as SAPS, is a nation-wide recognised establishment that has played an important role in the country for more than 100 years. Dedicated to serving the public and providing the utmost protection for local communities, SAPS has ingrained a strong journey with their progress in fighting against crimes. SAPS has been committed to being a part of the cause by involving themselves in the core causes of problems occurring within society and taking action to ensure that any crime or threat against the safety and security of society is prevented – all while fulfilling the Constitution, and the law.
About the SAPS (South African Police Service) Internships 2021
SAPS (South African Police Service) is offering internships for South African citizens in 10 different fields to accommodate people of different experiences. The SAPS (South African Police Service) Internships is a rewarding opportunity that gives you the chance to upgrade your abilities and implement your knowledge into a good line of work. Throughout the internship, you will obtain newfound experience that will prove beneficial for the longevity of your future career.
The following posts are advertised for the consideration of the Graduate Recruitment Scheme in the South African Police Service:
- Supply Chain Management
- Crime Registrar
- Internal Audit
- Directorate for Priority Crime Investigation (DPCI)
- Technology Management Services
- Corporate Support
- Human Resource Development.
Interns will be given a stipend based on each category. However, the amount is determined by the Divisional Commissioner Human Resource Development: South African Police Service.
If you think these internships work for you, don’t hesitate to register for the SAPS (South African Police Service) Internships.
Do you think you have what it takes to register for the SAPS (South African Police Service) Internships? Be sure to send in your application as soon as possible! But first, you will need to take a look at the programme’s eligibility criteria.
These items will determine whether you’d make a great candidate or not. If you’d like to check your qualifications, be sure to take a look at the eligibility criteria below. If you’d like to guarantee a higher chance of success, it’s advisable that you meet all these times in the following list.
The SAPS (South African Police Service) Internships Generic Requirements are as follows:
- Officially recognised as a citizen of South Africa
- Possesses a relevant qualification
- Does not have any past criminal convictions or pending cases
- Currently unemployed or have never been employed in the position or field they are applying for
- Has never participated in an internship programme that’s relevant to the field you are applying for
- Must provide a legitimate residential address
- Note: people with disabilities are encouraged to register.
Please be kindly informed that there are 2 Internship categories with minimum requirements, which are Graduate Intern and Student Intern.
Intern categories with minimum categories:
- Graduate Intern: must provide a tertiary qualification (must attach a legitimate statement of results)
- Student Intern: Practical experience by the Tertiary institution is required (letter from the institution not older than two (2) years must be attached).
To learn more about each post, section, location, reference number, additional requirements, core Functions, where your applications should be posted/hand-delivered to, where to direct your enquiries, and what internships are still available, please open the following links below:
- Supply Chain Management closing date: 20 October 2021
- Crime Registrar closing date: 22 October 2021
- Internal Audit closing date: 22 October 2021
- Directorate for Priority Crime Investigation (DPCI) closing date: 22 October 2021
- Technology Management Services closing date: 29 October 2021
- Corporate Support closing date: 05 November 2021
- Human Resource Development closing date: 05 November 2021.
Download application form: SAPS (South African Police Service) Internships 2021.
On the application form, please fill in your most relevant answers into the required boxes. All the personal details you provide should correlate correctly to your current conditions.
In addition to your application form, please provide the following documents:
- Certified copies of your Identity Document
- Certified copies of your National Senior Certificate or any relevant qualification (must not exceed more than 3 months)
- Your most updated Curriculum Vitae (CV).
Make sure your CV contains the relevant information, such as your strengths, skills, and qualifications. This document is a great chance for you to showcase yourself as a potential candidate and why you deserve to be chosen. Be sure to revise your CV as per necessary before sending it in.
All these necessary documents must be included in your application dossiers. Incomplete applications will automatically be disqualified from the programme.
The information you put in will be evaluated by the entirety of the selection committee. That’s why you should double-check to see if there is no false information. Any indication of candidates providing wrongful details might be put in a risky situation.
By sending in your applications, you are hereby giving permission to the selection committee to have your personal information utilized for registration purposes.
Candidates must process their applications through the methods mentioned in the relevant links provided above. Submissions made through other methods, will not be accepted by the selection committee.
Applications for the SAPS (South African Police Service) Internships must be submitted before the closing date on above.
The selection committee has absolute zero tolerance for late applications. Submissions made past the closing date will not be acknowledged during the registration period.
Candidates are advised to send in their applications as soon as possible. This will leave you with some time to properly evaluate the contents of your applications. Kindly prepare your applications at your earliest convenience.
SAPS (South African Police Service) reserves the rights to make an appointment or not during the recruitment process. All decisions made by the selection committee are final.