PepsiCo is delighted to be acknowledged as one of the world’s most successful food and beverage companies. The company is dedicated to the daily pursuit of their mission, aiming to bring more joy into the world with each bite and sip they offer. With a global reach, over two hundred nations and territories experience the consumption of over one billion servings of PepsiCo products every day.
Their diverse portfolio includes renowned brands such as Lay’s, Doritos, Gatorade, Pepsi, and Quaker. Each of these brands individually generates more than $1 billion in expected annual retail sales, contributing significantly to PepsiCo’s overall net revenue, which exceeded $70 billion in 2020. Employing over 13,000 individuals, PepsiCo Southern Africa operates across three distinct business segments: SA Food and Beverages, Essential Foods, and West, East, and Central Africa (WECA).
About the PepsiCo WIL (Work Integrated Learnership) 2024
PepsiCo is offering qualified candidates the chance to obtain credible experiences in the company through their professional work integrated learnership programme. PepsiCo extends a valuable opportunity to qualified candidates seeking to gain substantial and credible experiences within the company through their professional Work Integrated Learnership (WIL) programme.
This initiative serves as a platform for individuals to immerse themselves in practical and hands-on learning experiences, contributing to their professional development while actively engaging with the dynamic and innovative environment that PepsiCo offers. The PepsiCo WIL is structured to provide participants with a holistic understanding of the industry, fostering skills enhancement and preparing them for successful careers in their chosen fields.
The PepsiCo WIL (Work Integrated Learnership) requires you to perform the duties below:
- Conduct routine analytical and product quality tests.
- Collect lead base product from production lines for development at the pilot plant level.
- Collaborate with product developers.
- Maintain pilot plant in accordance with 5 S principles.
- Verify scale/balance daily.
- Conduct weekly stocktaking and communicate needs to the pilot plant manager.
- Re-fill, drain, and observe humidity chamber water.
- Provide support for EHS initiatives as the New EHS representative.
- Ensure up-to-date cleaning records in the seasoning area/chemical lab during facility use.
- Monitor and restock the first aid box at the clinic when necessary.
- Offer various ad hoc support as requested by the Lab manager.
- Support Bev lab PD with pilot plant standards of operation.
- Engage in online training to enhance business knowledge.
- Conduct seasoning applications, ensuring in-specification salt results.
- Operate the packaging machine, including film changes, sample coder, and X-ray calibration.
- Conduct various laboratory tests, including salt analysis, oil analysis, bulk density analysis, particle size analysis, and moisture analysis.
- Plan and lead assigned R&D projects.
- Compile project timelines and communicate them to relevant teams.
- Plan resources for trials and align priorities with the Line Manager when needed.
- Execute scale-up activities within PepsiCo owned Production Plants and pre-selected Co-manufacturers in collaboration with the Project lead.
- Develop and prepare prototype samples under the direction of the project manager.
- Deliver concise, accurate, and complete reporting on projects to Line Manager and Project Teams.
- Draft R&D technical data, including artwork specifications, process specifications, and finished pack standards.
- Work closely with Regulatory to ensure legal compliance.
- Support the maintenance of all R&D Analytical Laboratory and Pilot Plant equipment.
- Perform analytical tests, both manual and automated, including moisture, salt, oil, FFA, PV, sodium, reducing sugars, NIR-related, texture, packaging barrier properties, seal strengths, and gas chromatography.
- Support the Health and Safety Agenda for R&D and related activities.
- Support HACCP and food safety-related activities.
For application purposes, please kindly take note of the PepsiCo WIL (Work Integrated Learnership) 2024’s Req ID: 278059. The WIL programme will take place in this location: Isando Plant Snacks.
Begin by acquainting yourself with the eligibility standards of the PepsiCo Work Integrated Learnership (WIL). These criteria collectively determine your suitability as a candidate for the program. To verify your qualifications, consult the list of qualifying prerequisites provided below. To maximize your likelihood of success, aim to fulfill all the requirements outlined in the following list.
The PepsiCo WIL (Work Integrated Learnership) Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
- Successfully complete the theoretical segment of your studies in a scientific field with over a 70% average, particularly if you are in your final year of Biochemistry, Food Technology, or Engineering.
- Be a South African citizen.
- Utilize good technical and analytical skills, possess basic knowledge of statistics, and demonstrate the ability to interpret data and distill it into useful and actionable information.
- Be a supportive team player, embodying an accurate, methodical, tidy, and reliable approach.
- Showcase excellent people skills.
- Drive results, display perseverance, and provide timely and direct feedback to others.
- Possess a high degree of self-motivation along with good organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Exhibit eagerness to learn and use initiative, showcasing a self-starter attitude.
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently and handle change and increasing complexity.
- Uphold integrity by safeguarding the company’s designs, formulations, processes, and reputation in all matters.
- Hold a driving license.
Apply online: PepsiCo WIL (Work Integrated Learnership) 2024.
Please enter your email address in the designated box, and an application form will be promptly dispatched to your inbox. Complete the form by inputting your pertinent responses into the designated fields, ensuring the accuracy of all personal information aligned with your current circumstances.
Furthermore, candidates are required to submit a valid copy of their Identity Document along with certified copies of their most recent education certificates. For added convenience, applicants can opt to apply using their mobile phones, a more practical approach than using a computer. Android users can employ Google Chrome as their web browser, eliminating the need for additional installations.
All information provided will undergo comprehensive review by the entire selection committee, inclusive of the applicant. Hence, it is imperative to double-check and ensure the absence of any fictitious information. Applicants should be mindful that submitting false information poses a significant risk to their application standing.
Submission of applications implies consent for the selection committee to utilize the provided personal information for registration purposes. It is essential for candidates to process their applications through the designated portal, as submissions via alternative methods such as hand delivery or fax will not be entertained or accepted by the selection committee.
Application is available as long as it is not deleted on its official website.
Ensure the prompt submission of your applications to secure your place during the registration period. Submitting early not only guarantees your spot but also safeguards against potential last-minute complications, such as unexpected internet congestion or overlooking essential documents.
PepsiCo reserves the exclusive authority to make appointments during the recruitment period. The decisions rendered by the selection committee are conclusive and final. It is strictly prohibited for candidates to engage in any form of canvassing or attempt to influence the committee’s decision.