Ford is an iconic automotive establishment with its roots in Michigan. Since its formation, the company has expanded their operations, with one of them being in South Africa. Founded in 1923 on Southern African grounds, Ford has then grown into a world-class operation that fulfills its brand’s promise and delivers nothing but the best in the automotive market.
Ford is committed to producing vehicles that are safe and economical. From SUVs to pick-up trucks, the company has crafted their versatility throughout the years. With the spirit of innovation under their belt, Ford keeps on delivering cars in stylish designs and top-notch excellence.
About the Ford Learnership 2021
Ford is offering a learnership programme for candidates interested in obtaining a National Certificate in the field of Automotive Manufacturing and Assembly. The Ford Learnership is a fantastic program based in Silverton, Gauteng that will provide you with the foundation you need to succeed in this field.
You’ll follow a defined curriculum throughout the program, which includes both theoretical evaluations and practical working sessions in a real-world workplace context. You will be encouraged to make significant progress as you work toward certification under the supervision of expert training providers.
As a learner, you will be required to perform the following duties:
- FMCSA and merSETA both demand that you follow and finish a recognized training program
- To guarantee competency and qualification upon completion of the program, adhere to the FMCSA training schedule
- Attend on-site and off-site institutionalized and workplace training. To complete training requirements, you must be put on rotating shifts.
Upon successful completion, you will be entitled to an NQF Level 2 qualification, which will help you boost your chances of obtaining credible work opportunities in the future.
If you’re certain of joining the Ford Learnership, feel free to sign up! If you are still unsure whether you’d make a good fit, don’t worry. All you have to do is check the requirements below and re-check your qualifications with the selection committee’s standards. If you’d like to stand a chance of acceptance, make sure you fulfill all of the criteria that are mentioned. Failure to do so might not get you automatically disqualified, but it could reduce your chances of acceptance.
The Ford Learnership Eligibliity Criteria are as follows:
1. Basic Requirements
- Possesses a Grade 12 qualification with the subjects of Mathematics (does not include Additional Maths, Commercial Maths, Maths Literacy, Functional Maths, and Applied Maths)
- Passed their Grade 12 English
- Currently below 35 years old
- Must not be pursuing any other learnership with any SETA at the moment.
2. Personal Attributes
- Prepared to participate in the trainability assessment that’s part of the recruitment process
- Has a keen eye for the smaller details
- Displays impressive communication abilities (both verbal and written)
- Has a great sense of organization and pursues their goals well
- Prepared to acquire new knowledge while on the job
- Driven by results
- Can implement analytical abilities
- Solves their problems well
- Has a high level of resilience.
Apply by dropping your applications at this address (Ford Learnership 2021):
Dropped at Gate 01, Ford Motor Company of Southern Africa
Simon Vermooten Road
Candidates will need to prepare the following documents:
- Your most updated Curriculum Vitae
- Certified copies of all of your qualifications (must be attached to your CV)
- A certified copy of your National Identity Document (must be attached to your CV).
Only applications with the documents above will be considered. Incomplete applications will automatically be disqualified from the programme.
Candidates are disallowed from dropping off their CVs on weekends and public holidays. Only hard copies of CVs will be accepted and must be dropped off at Gate 01. Emailed applications will not be entertained.
Applications for the Ford Learnership must be submitted before the closing date on 03 November 2021 from 08:00-15:45.
By enrolling as quickly as possible, you can ensure that your application is secured as soon as possible. However, this does not guarantee instant success and is just intended to provide you with a secure position throughout the recruiting process.
Candidates that submit their applications after the deadline will not be considered by the selection committee. All entries received after the deadline will be immediately rejected, regardless of their content.
Ford has the right to offer or deny employment to anybody at its discretion. The selecting committee’s judgments are final and binding on all parties involved.