About Dis-Chem Pharmacies
Dis-Chem Pharmacies is a leading chain of pharmaceutical goods and services that have gained a huge prominence in South Africa. Headquartered in Midrand, Joburg, the company has strived to transform the world of pharmacies accessible and affordable to the general public. The company has expanded their operations by opening up dispensaries, medication centres, non-pharmaceutical centres, and family clinics. Each centre is assigned with their own respective departments. These could range from beauty products, health, well-being goods, and healthy food. The company also goes above and beyond by providing expert advice to customers, all in the name of satisfying the needs of their customers.
In total, Dis-Chem Pharmacies has more than 150 stores scattered across the Southern Africa region. All these stores are back up by 18 000 employees who work both full-time and part-time. Whatever position are you assigned to in Dis-Chem Pharmacies, employees are given the same high level of training to make sure that they have a great support system and commit themselves greatly to their respective jobs. Everyone aims to provide customers with an excellent quality of service to make sure they stay loyal to the brand. Thanks to their tedious efforts, Dis-Chem Pharmacies as received multiple recognitions, such as Best Pharmacy, Best Health Store, and Best Medical Supply Store.
About the Dis-Chem Pharmacies Job Vacancy as Driver 2021
The Dis-Chem Pharmacies is welcoming dedicated, passionate employment seekers to register for their permanent job vacancy as a qualified Driver for the company. The Dis-Chem Pharmacies Job Vacancy as Driver is a brilliant working opportunity based in Saldanha, Western Cape. Drivers will be mainly responsible for the delivery of goods professionally and up to the company’s standards.
The entry-level job will require interested candidates to have a legitimate Driver’s License as well as a Motorbike License that covers the regions of Weskus Mall store in Western Cape region and its surrounding areas. Once selected, you will be entitled to a number of employee benefits, such as a market-related salary, provident funds, medical assistance, and a registered staff account.
Below are a few examples of the responsibilities you will be asked with as a Driver for Dis-Chem Pharmacies:
- Transporting goods from one place to another in a punctual and safe manner
- Making sure that time-sensitive deliveries (e.g. fridge lined deliveries) are given priority
- Understanding effective routes that you could take to deliver goods in a short amount of time
- Following delivery instructions as commanded by your respective manager
- Complying to the safety regulations of the company
- Making sure that any goods are repacked properly to prevent any falling or damages during transporation
- Holding responsibility over any goods that are damaged during delivery
- Making sure that invoices are recorded using the delivery log sheet
- Complying to the existing traffic rules
- Maintaining the vehicle cleanliness
- Ensuring all delivery paperwork is tended to
- Double-checking the correct names and addresses of their customers
- Reporting any accidents that may take place to the driver themselves or any company equipment
- Holding responsibility of any possible traffic fines that might occur
- Processing transactions using EFT and cash
- Keeping an eye on the vehicle to prevent any damages
- Creating long-lasting relationships with customers by providing quality delivery service
- Reporting any possible complaints, feedbacks, or even compliments made by customers.
Interested candidates of the Dis-Chem Pharmacies Job Vacancy as Driver must fulfill a set of requirements relevant to the position’s line of work. Each of these items are crucial to the acceptance rate of your applications. Failure to meet all of these criteria will put you in a risky position during the registrations procedure. Therefore, it is highly advisable that you meet these requirements below.
The Dis-Chem Pharmacies Job Vacancy as Driver Eligibility Criteria are:
1. Basic Requirements
- Possess a Grade 12 or Matric certificate
- Owns a legitimate Driver’s License for both Car and Motorbike vehicles
- Committed to working irregular retails shirts
- Advantageous: has prior working experience as a driver.
2. Working Attributes
- Proven fluency in both written and spoken English
- Has a professional appearance
- Engages themselves with customers in a friendly manner
- Can be relied upon with responsibilities
- Manages their time in an effective manner
- Fluent in two languages
- Reports any suspicious activities that might occur within customers or employees.
3. Employment Conditions
- Officially recognized as a citizen of South Africa
- Clear from any criminal or credit track records
- Prepared to work irregular retail hours
- Physically fit to work in outdoor conditions under different weathers
- Has the physique to perform heavy-duty tasks, such as carrying heavy boxes
- Follows the company’s safety regulations and codes of conduct
- Has their own mode of transportation and resides near the store.
Apply online: Dis-Chem Pharmacies Job Vacancy as Driver 2021.
Candidates must fill in the application form with accurate, personal details. Each query and questionnaire should be answered accordingly. Failure to provide the necessary information will get you disqualified from the registration procedure. Additionally, candidates found to be sending in false personal information that do not reflect their current conditions will be disregarded as well.
Besides the application form, candidates must also upload several different documents. These includes your Profile Photo, your most updated Curriculum Vitae, Driver’s Licenses, available academic transcripts, Identity Document, and passport.
Applications for the Dis-Chem Pharmacies Job Vacancy as Driver 2021 must be submitted before the closing date on 22 June 2021.
Announcements will only be made to shortlisted candidates. Should you not hear back from the committee within two (2) weeks past the deadline, we regret to inform you that you have not passed the registration.
Since there is still ample time left until the closing date, it is highly advised that you prepare your applications as soon as possible. This is to prevent any possible interruptions that could occur with online applications, such as a lagging computer or heavy Internet traffic.
Dis-Chem Pharmacies is recognized as an accredited Equal Opportunity Employer. The job vacancy recruitment process will implement their equal opportunity values to promote diversity in the working place. The company actively encourages People with Disabilities to sign up for their employment opportunity.