About the Dept of Basic Education
The Dept of Basic Education is an establishment under the local government that oversees the quality of education in South Africa and ensures their citizens have access to lifelong learning. By enforcing effective governance, the department strives to improve people’s quality of life through the power of prosperous education.
About the Dept of Basic Education Job Vacancy as Education Assistant 2021-2022
The Dept of Basic Education is offering a job vacancy for South Africans who are passionate about becoming Education Assistants for the governmental department. The Dept of Basic Education Job Vacancy as Education Assistant is a wonderful opportunity for anybody who’s seeking both employment and training programmes to uplift their potential. At the moment, the department is looking to offer opportunities to 290 000 candidates who are unemployed.
Selected candidates will be based in schools for a 5-month period (1 November 2021-31 March 2022) for the positions below:
- General School Assistant – Child & Youth Care Worker
- General School Assistant – Sports and Enrichment Agent (no matric required)
- Education Assistant – Curriculum
- General School Assistant – Handyman (no matric required)
- Education Assistant – ICT/e-Cadres
- Education Assistant – Reading Champions
Applications for the Dept of Basic Education Job Vacancy as Education Assistant are open from 27 September 2021 to 10 October 2021.
If you think this opportunity works for you, feel free to register for the Dept of Basic Education Job Vacancy as Education Assistant.
Candidates interested in the Dept of Basic Education Job Vacancy as Education Assistant must fulfill eligibility criteria before proceeding with their applications. Each of these items below will determine whether you have what it takes to proceed with this job vacancy. To guarantee a successful application, candidates are advised to meet all of the following requirements. Failure to do so will cause disadvantageous consequences towards the overall result of your applications. Be sure to jot down these items for personal reference.
The Dept of Basic Education Job Vacancy as Education Assistant Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
1. Basic Requirements
- Currently between 18-35 years old
- Is not pursuing any educational or training programmes
- Is not receiving any other forms of government grants
- Prepared to work with other people
- Can work in groups and individually
- Displays impressive communication abilities
- Listens well to their peers
- Shows a strong interest in the field of academics
- Young people with disabilities and female candidates are encouraged to register.
2. Education Assistant Requirements
- Passed Matric English
- Advantageous: an NQF Level 4, 6, and 7 qualification
- Important note: General School Assistant candidates do not require Matric for Infrastructure
- Support, as well as Sports and Enrichment Agents. However, candidates with trade qualifications will be preferred.
Apply online: Dept of Basic Education Job Vacancy as Education Assistant 2021-2022.
It is advised that you use Google Chrome to visit the above-mentioned website.
Please type your most relevant answers into the proper boxes on the application site. All of the personal information you provide should be accurate and relevant to your current situation.
The information you provide will be evaluated by the whole selection committee, which includes you. As a result, you should double-check to ensure that no fake information is there. If there is any indication that candidates are providing fraudulent information, they may be placed in a risky situation.
By submitting your applications, you allow the selection committee permission to use your personal information to register you for the event.
Candidates must submit their applications using the above-mentioned website. Other methods of submission, such as personal delivery or fax, will be rejected by the selection committee.
Please be kindly informed that shortlisted candidates will need to prepare the following documents:
- Your most updated Curriculum ITAE (cv)
- Certificates indicating police clearance
- A certified copy of your Identity Document/passport
- Any available testimonials from the former schools, church leaders, local chiefs, etc
- A legitimate affidavit or declaration directly from the candidate that indicates they do not have any prior criminal track records or are not awaiting any clearances from the police
- Certified qualifications like your Matric certificate (NQF Level 4 qualification, however
- Education Assistant candidates with NQF Level 6 and 7 will be highly preferred).
Applications for the Dept of Basic Education Job Vacancy as Education Assistant must be submitted before the closing date on 10 October 2021.
By enrolling as quickly as possible, you can ensure that your application is secured as soon as possible. This does not, however, guarantee quick success and is just intended to provide you with a secure position during the recruiting process.
The selection committee will not accept incomplete applications. Candidates whose applications are received after the deadline will not be considered. All entries received after the deadline, regardless of content, will be deleted without further review.
The Dept of Basic Education has the right to offer or refuse employment to anybody at any time in its sole and absolute discretion. The decisions of the choosing committee are final and binding on all parties engaged in the process.