About SAPS (South African Police Service)
The SAPS (South African Police Service) is an establishment that is formed to serve the general public by preventing any threats or forms of crime from happening within communities. The body is responsible for conducting any investigations into incidents that may threaten the safety of people and to bringing criminal offenders to justice.
About the SAPS (South African Police Service) Job Vacancy as Security Officer 2022
SAPS (South African Police Service) is offering an employment opportunity for South African candidates to become a Security Officer in 19 locations (97 positions). The SAPS (South African Police Service) Job Vacancy as Security Officer is a great opportunity for young applicants who are looking for a position that allows you to bring out the best out of your abilities and create a positive contribution.
At the moment, the SAPS (South African Police Service) Job Vacancy as Security Officer are available in these following locations:
- HRDC Johannesburg, Gauteng – Ref. No. GP31/11/22 (2 Posts)
- Seshego VSS, Limpopo – Ref. No. LIM 39/2022 (12 Posts)
- Musina VSS, Limpopo – Ref. No. LIM 38/2022 (6 Posts)
- VSS Booysens, Gauteng – Ref. No. GP34/11/22 (5 Posts)
- Corporate Communication, Head Office, Pretoria – Ref. No. CC01/09/2022 (6 Posts)
- HRDC Tshwane South, Gauteng – Ref. No. GP35/11/22 (2 Posts)
- Sibasa VSS, Limpopo – Ref. No. LIM 35/2022 (3 Posts)
- HRDC Soweto, Gauteng – Ref. No. GP32/11/22 (2 Posts)
- Tzaneen VSS, Limpopo – Ref. No. LIM 37/2022 (3 Posts)
- Modimole VSS, Limpopo – Ref. No. LIM 36/2022 (6 Posts)
- Provincial Supply Chain Management, Limpopo – Ref. No. LIM 41/2022 (3 Posts)
- Provincial Office, Parktown, Gauteng – Ref. No. GP30/11/22 (10 Posts)
- VCIU Benoni, Gauteng – Ref. No. GP29/11/22 (8 Posts)
- HRDC Benoni, Gauteng – Ref. No. GP28/11/22 (2 Posts)
- Polokwane SAPS Garage, Limpopo – Ref. No. LIM 42/2022 (6 Posts)
- Provincial Commissioner’s Office, Limpopo – Ref. No. LIM 43/2022 (7 Posts)
- VSS Pretoria West, Gauteng – Ref. No. GP36/11/22 (3 Posts)
- Provincial Amourers, Limpopo – Ref. No. LIM 40/2022 (4 Posts)
- SVC Wynberg, Gauteng – Ref. No. GP33/11/22 (7 Posts)
As a Security Officer, your job is to:
- Be willing to work a variety of shifts and hours
- Only from a security standpoint, supervise cleaners and maintenance people
- Check all security equipment and facilities and, if required, take action
- Control access to public premises and vehicles in accordance with the Control of Access to Public Premises and Vehicles Act (Act No. 53 of 1985)
- Buildings and gated spaces should be patrolled
- Assist security offices in carrying out their responsibilities
- Control vehicle(s) entry to fenced-in locations
- Bring any security flaws or concerns to the attention of top security professionals
- Check suppliers, items, and objects before allowing them to be brought into the premises, if necessary, to ensure that the premises’ safety is not jeopardized
- Before cops, workers, visitors, and maintenance people are permitted to access the premises, they must be positively identified
- Maintain the essential visitor’s log
- Visitors are given entrance control cards, which they must return
- In the field, keep an eye on vehicles and equipment.
If you’re certain of joining the SAPS (South African Police Service) Job Vacancy as Security Officer, feel free to sign up! If you are still unsure whether you’d make a good fit, don’t worry. All you have to do is check the requirements below and re-check your qualifications with the selection committee’s standards. If you’d like to stand a chance of acceptance, make sure you fulfill all of the criteria that are mentioned. Failure to do so might not get you automatically disqualified, but it could reduce your chances of acceptance.
The SAPS (South African Police Service) Job Vacancy as Security Officer Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
- Owns a legitimate Senior Certificate (Grade 12) or a National Certificate (Vocational) that’s already in the National Learner Record Database on NQF Level 4
- Has already been registered with the Private Security Industry Regulatory Authority (PSIRA)
- Possesses a minimum Grade C Security Certificate
- Is fit enough to possess a firearm
- Be willing to work shifts and extended hours
- Does not have any prior criminal track record or impending convictions
- Shows proven fluency in at least two (2) official languages (one of them must be English)
- Officially recognised as a citizen of South Africa
- Shows great competency in the functions based on this post
- Prepared to undergo thorough security screenings
- Advantageous: has a relevant Degree or Diploma within the Security field
- Advantageous: owns a legitimate Driver’s License for a light motor vehicle.
Download Application Form: SAPS (South African Police Service) Job Vacancy as Security Officer 2022.
Once you have retrieved the form, please fill it in with the correct particulars. Applications will be subjected to further evaluation and vetting procedures to verify the validity of candidates. Anyone discovered to be falsifying any aspects of their applications will be disqualified from the registration period.
After everything is all set, you can choose to courier/hand deliver/e-mail your applications. For the addresses, you can refer to the Official SAPS Careers Website. Click on the “Public Service Act” tab based on your preferred location.
Applications for the SAPS (South African Police Service) Job Vacancy as Security Officer must be submitted before the closing date on 25 November 2022 at 15:00.
It is possible to guarantee that your application is protected as soon as possible by registering as soon as feasible. However, this does not guarantee immediate success and is just designed to give you a stable position during the recruitment process.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted by the selection committee. Candidates that submit their applications after the deadline will not be considered. All submissions submitted after the deadline, regardless of their substance, will be discarded without further consideration.
SAPS (South African Police Service) has the right to offer or refuse employment to anybody at any time in its sole and absolute discretion. The decisions of the choosing committee are final and binding on all parties engaged in the process.