Exxaro is a metals and mining company that is responsible for acquiring a variety of natural resources in South Africa. Considered to be one of the largest establishments in this country, Exxaro boasts a high production number. In one year along, Exxaro has the capacity to manufacture more than 39 million tonnes of coal. As a result, Exxaro has garnered assets amounting up to R47,4 billion. The company not only conducts their business in South Africa, but also other countries such as Australia, Botswana, and the Republic of Congo.
Despite their high production numbers, Exxaro commits themselves to maintaining a socially responsible workplace. Sustainability remains an absolute value among their operations. Over the past eight years, Exxaro’s employees have strived to bring for new innovations and strategies. Through their efforts, Exxaro believes they can receive solid returns and produce even more high quality resources.
About the Exxaro Job Vacancy as Fitter in South Africa 2020
Exxaro is recruiting eleven (11) knowledgeable South African individuals who wish to have a career path in the metals and mining company as a dedicated fitter. The Exxaro Job Vacancy as Fitter is a fantastic permanent employment opportunity that will bring you milestones wherever you go. As a fitter, employees are required to tackle on tasks the are related to the maintenance of infrastructure and equipment. All fitters must relocated to Lephalale, Limpopo to start on their jobs.
For registration purposes, please jot down this Job Vacancy Reference Number for future reference: EXX201027-5.
Below are just some of the tasks and duties you will be responsible for as an Exxaro Fitter:
1. Inspection and Control
- Inspecting everything from equipment to vehicles for possible damages
- Reporting any encountered damages
- Conducting inspection based on the provided schedules.
2. Safe and Healthy Work Environment
- Following the company’s Safety Health Environment and Community requirements
- Complying to the rules and regulations of the establishment
- Reporting any unsafe business practices that may cause harm upon the members of the company.
3. Equipment Operations and Control
- Providing assistance to the Master Fitter to assess any conditions
- Maintaining records
- Repairing the company’s infrastructure assets.
4. Behavioural Alignment
- Demonstrates creativity and the willingness to contribute new ideas to the company
- Responding to company demands as immediately as possible
- Takes pride in achieving great quality with their results.
5. Material/Resource Planning and Control
- Making use of available company resources
- Providing guidance for trainees to upskill their knowledge
- Taking accountability of new installations within the working area.
To apply for the Exxaro Job Vacancy as Fitter, candidates must fulfill a list of requirements The company takes their job vacancy recruitment process very seriously. If you wish to be considered for the position, it is highly encouraged to you meet all of these eligibility criteria below. Failure to do so might cause disadvantageous consequences towards your applications.
The Exxaro Job Vacancy as Fitter Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
1. Educational Requirements
- Possess a Grade 12 or Standard 10 Technical certification
- Owns an N2 qualification in any Relevant Trade Subjects
- Has a Trade in Fitter MQA/QCTO.
2. Working Experience
- Demonstrates 2-3 prior working experience in applicable technical and electrical maintenance
- Worked in an environment that deals with heavy industry, mining, or production
- Has previously involvement in operational procedures.
3. Required Documents
- Valid fitness certificate
- Valid Code B Driver’s License
- Essential psychometric assessment
- Competence assessments in Core MQA Modules and On-The-Job MQA Modules.
Apply online: Exxaro Job Vacancy as Fitter in South Africa 2020.
Candidates must process their applications through this online portal. If you are new to this portal, you will need to make a new account. This account will store all of your personal information and supporting documents to process the registration. Be sure to create your account beforehand in order to continue with the registrations.
Alternatively, you can choose to sign in using Google, Facebook, or LinkedIn. This is a much more simpler way of registering for the job vacancy
Please be kindly informed that the Exxaro will be following their Employment Equity policy during the entire recruitement process. Therefore, preference will be offered to several designated groups to meet their employment equity goals.
Applications for the Exxaro Job Vacancy as Fitter must be submitted before the closing date on 05 November 2020.
The selection committee has zero tolerance for late applications. Candidates discovered to be sending in applications past the closing date will automatically be disqualified from the registration process.
Since applications are conducted online, it is advised that you process the applications as soon as possible. This is to avoid unwanted issues that could potentially happen with last-minute registrations. One example of a possible disruption is sudden heavy Internet traffic that could lag your registrations.
Announcements will only be made to applicants who have been shortlisted for the vacancy. Should you not hear back from the committee within 28 days past the closing date, we regret to inform you that you have not been selected as an Exxaro Fitter.