Absa is a diverse South African financial services company that offers an integrated range of goods and services in the areas of wealth management, insurance, corporate and investment banking, personal and business banking, and both personal and business banking. With a presence in 12 countries on the continent and over 41 000 workers, Absa Group Limited is one of Africa’s most diversified financial services firms and is listed on the JSE.
They own the bulk of the stock in banks in Botswana, Ghana, Kenya, Mauritius, Mozambique, the Seychelles, South Africa, Tanzania (including the National Bank of Commerce and the ABSA Bank in Tanzania), Uganda, and Zambia. Additionally, they operate insurance businesses in Botswana, Kenya, Mozambique, South Africa, Tanzania, and Zambia in addition to having representative offices in Namibia and Nigeria. A job with their firm gives the chance to be a part of this exciting growth adventure, to reset their future, and to determine their destiny as a proudly African organization. They have over 100 years of rich history and are well-positioned as a local bank with regional and worldwide competence.
About the Absa Sales Learnership 2023-2024
Absa is seeking qualified candidates to join their learnership programme if you want to develop your aptitude, knowledge, and abilities in the field of Sales. The Absa Sales Learnership provides learners with the information and abilities needed to function successfully in the banking industry. The Higher Certificate in Banking Services NQF Level 5 will be earned by learners. This certification will help the student advance in the banking industry and give them practical experience with asset and vehicle financing solutions. In the areas of sales support, business development, dealer risk, and operations management, the primary focus will be on performing a customer-facing function.
Throughout the programme, you will be required to:
- Participate in all work-related experiences in accordance with established growth goals
- Join all training and development activities in accordance with established development goals
- As needed, offer assistance to customers and the team to maintain continuous team performance
- Complete all administrative tasks, including tracking and reporting, efficiently.
Those who are successful will be sent to the Pietermaritzburg in the AVAF. Additionally, for the length of the learnership program, successful candidates will receive a monthly stipend of R6 000.
For application purposes, please kindly take note of the Absa Sales Learnership 2023-2024’s Reference Number: R-15946888.
You must first get familiar with the requirements for eligibility for the Absa Sales Learnership. Your ability to meet each of these requirements will determine whether you are a strong contender. Please see the list of required qualifications below if you want to double-check your credentials. Ideally, you should be able to fulfill every condition on the following list if you want to improve your chances of success.
The Absa Sales Learnership Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
1. Basic Qualifications
- Has a National Senior Certificate
- Officially completed their degree (NQF Level 7) and/or post matri qualifiction at NQF Level 6
- Shows proven fluency in English
- Understands basic computer literacy
- Currently unemployed
- Prepared to commit themselves to a 12-month development programme
- Currently between 18 to 30 years old
- Citizens of South Africa and permanent residents who have proof of Permanent Resident
- Status will be given preference.
2. Working Competencies
- Adapting to and addressing change
- Observing directions and protocols
- Achieving targets and satisfying client demands
- Managing stress and setbacks
- Organizing and planning.
Apply online: Absa Sales Learnership 2023-2024.
To visit the aforementioned website, it is advised that you use Google Chrome as your web browser (see above).
As an alternative, you can submit your application using your phone because it is much more convenient than using a computer. You can use Google Chrome as your web browser if you have an Android-powered phone. You don’t need to install any additional browsers because Google Chrome is pre-installed on OS Android smartphones.
Candidates must register for an account on the application portal in order to submit their applications. For the length of the registration process, you must log into this account.
Please be kindly aware to the recruitement process and risk check requirements that are entailed to this application:
- Candidates must submit a comprehensive CV with all of the necessary contacts and references
- Applications must be accompanied by copies of the applicant’s diploma, identification card, and address proof
- Comprehensive online tests for jobs
- Zero criminal history
- No forged documents
- References from former employers (where applicable)
- A good credit rating
- Dismissal of an unregistered employee
- A candidate cannot be enrolled in another learnership program at the time of application.
You authorize the selection committee to use your personal information for the purpose of enrolling you for the event by submitting your applications.
Application materials will go through further inspection and verification steps to make sure they are real. Anyone found to have falsified any information in their applications will not be permitted to take part in the registration period.
Candidates must use the website mentioned above to submit their applications. The selection committee will reject attempts to submit papers through other channels, including personal delivery or fax.
Application is available as long as it is not deleted on its official website.
Make sure you secure your application as soon as possible by registering early. The purpose behind this is to ensure that you have a safe position during the recruitment phase (however, it doesn’t guarantee immediate success).
Absa has the right to offer or refuse employment to anybody at any time in its sole and absolute discretion. The decisions of the choosing committee are final and binding on all parties engaged in the process.