About AECI (African Explosives and Chemical Industries)
AECI is a diverse organization comprised of sixteen distinct companies engaged in regional and global commerce in Australia, Africa, Europe, South East Asia, North America, and South America. Customers in a variety of industries, including mining, water treatment, plant and animal health, food and beverage, infrastructure, and general industrial, are the audience that the company hopes to attract with its products and services. These customers can be found in almost every nook and cranny on the planet.
The Group’s strategy aims to establish itself as the supplier of choice in the markets located within their regions of operations, both domestically and through the continuous expansion of its presence across the many different geographies and markets that it serves. This goal will be met by the Group’s strategy of establishing itself as the supplier of choice in the markets located within their operational regions. Establishing oneself as the supplier of choice in markets located within their operational territories is expected to be the means by which this goal will be met.
About the AECI (African Explosives and Chemical Industries) Mechanical Fitter Apprenticeship 2023-2024
AECI (African Explosives and Chemical Industries) is providing an apprenticeship for candidates looking for practical work knowledge as a Mechanical Fitter. The AECI (African Explosives and Chemical Industries) Mechanical Fitter Apprenticeship is a position based in Umbogintwini, KwaZulu-Natal that will allow you to be part of a world-class team. Please be kindly informed that this is a contract opportunity.
As a Mechanical Fitter aprpentice, some of your responsibilities include:
- Become an expert in your chosen field by acquiring the knowledge and skills of an artisan
- Carry out the tasks that are needed of you and make enough progress toward achieving the capabilities outlined in the training plan
- Perform all training and assessments connected to the training plan in accordance with the instructions given to you, and attend them when required
- Follow all instructions and be sure you participate in any training or tests that are connected to the training plan
- Maintain custody of the training record, often known as a logbook, and provide it when required to do so by either the employer or the training organization
- Maintain, repair, and carry out Scheduled Maintenance on plant equipment such as pumps, centrifuges, steam traps, and steam reticulation equipment under the supervision of trained
- Artisans who work in the Utilities Maintenance Department
- Cooperate productively with others around you in order to accomplish the maintenance tasks and goals successfully
- Assist Fitter in doing daily regular maintenance tasks throughout the different AECI Property Services facilities, as well as providing assistance with breakdowns
- In the second year of the apprenticeship program, you will be expected to provide assistance to the Maintenance Fitter who has been assigned for Standby Duty
- Maintaining compliance with the safety standards and norms of practice established by AECI.
For application purposes, please kindly take note of the AECI (African Explosives and Chemical Industries) Mechanical Fitter Apprenticeship 2023-2024’s Reference Number: AEC230512-4.
Individuals who have expressed an interest in the open position of AECI (African Explosives and Chemical Industries) Mechanical Fitter Apprenticeship must meet certain eligibility requirements before their applications can be processed. Candidates should make certain that their applications meet all of the requirements outlined in the sections below. The overall outcome of your applications will suffer if you do not follow these guidelines. Make a note of these details for future use.
The AECI (African Explosives and Chemical Industries) Mechanical Fitter Apprenticeship Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
1. Basic Requirements
- Has a Matric/Grade 12 qualification with the subjects of Mathematics and Science
- Owns an N3 qualification (necessary to register for Trade Test)
- Understands process plant procedures and how to maintain it
- Can obtain the necessary health clearance to perform any work in a chemical setting
- Advantageous: prior mechanical experience
- Advantageous: knowlsge of hand and power tools
- Advantageous: has a Driver’s License.
2. Working Competencies
- Understands strong safety awareness
- Works well with other team members
- Adapts well to different working conditions
- Understands strong technical knowledge.
Apply online: AECI (African Explosives and Chemical Industries) Mechanical Fitter Apprenticeship 2023-2024.
If you intend to visit the previously described website, it is strongly advised that you use Google Chrome as your web browser.
Before they can upload their cover letters and resumes, applicants must first create an account on the application portal. You must use this account for the entire duration of the registration process.
You will always have a higher level of security over your account if you take the necessary precautions to protect the information associated with it. Under no circumstances should you share your password or any other account information with anyone.
You can also register with Google, Facebook, or LinkedIn as an alternative. You will not have to start from scratch when creating an account, which will significantly reduce the amount of time you spend on the process.
You, along with the other members of the selection committee, will be evaluated, and any information you provide will be kept strictly confidential. As a result, you are required to conduct an extensive investigation to ensure that no inaccurate information is present. If there is evidence that candidates are providing inaccurate information, they may be placed in situations that endanger their lives.
The information you supply will be used by the selection committee to register you for the event. By submitting your application, you authorize the committee to use your personal information for this purpose, which will be kept strictly confidential.
Candidates must submit their applications through the website referenced earlier in this sentence. Other methods of submission, such as hand delivery or fax, will not be considered by the committee in charge of reviewing applications.
Applications for the AECI (African Explosives and Chemical Industries) Mechanical Fitter Apprenticeship must be submitted before the closing date on 26 May 2023.
You can increase the likelihood that your application will be processed as soon as possible if you register as soon as possible. This will allow you to seize any opportunities that arise. Despite this, there is no guarantee that you will be successful right away; the goal is to find you a secure position while the recruitment process is still in progress.
The selection committee will not consider applications that are missing required information. Applicants who submit their paperwork after the deadline will be automatically disqualified and will not be considered further.
AECI (African Explosives and Chemical Industries) reserves the right to hire or not hire anyone at any time and for any reason. This choice can be made at any time. The decisions of the vetting committee are final, and all parties involved in the process must abide by them.