About LGSETA (Local Government Sector Education and Training Authority)
There are a total of 21 SETAs in the nation, and LGSETA is one of them. The Executive Authority Structure of the Department of Higher Education and Training is responsible for it since it is within their purview (DHET). LGSETA, which serves as an education and training authority for the local government sector, is responsible for conceiving and putting into action a wide variety of creative skills development interventions.
These interventions are designed to help local government employees, people who are currently without jobs, and others who are employed within the structures of local government, such as ward councillors and traditional leaders. Members of LGSETA work closely together with the numerous individuals and groups who have a stake in the organization so that education and training may be improved.
About the LGSETA (Local Government Sector Education and Training Authority) Bursaries 2024
LGSETA (Local Government Sector Education and Training Authority) is offering bursary programmes for candidates seeking financial assistance for the studies. Bursaries offered by the LGSETA (Local Government Sector Education and Training Authority) are open to applicants from any and all walks of life and are intended to promote diversity in the public sector. If you are selected as a recipient of the prize, you will receive the assistance you require to pursue the academic qualification you seek. You are strongly urged to take advantage of this chance if you have achieved outstanding success in your academic pursuits and have demonstrated other admirable characteristics as a student.
The LGSETA (Local Government Sector Education and Training Authority) Bursaries is currently available for the following studies:
- Mechanical Engineering (National Diploma)
- Town/Urban and Regional Planning (Bachelor of Technology)
- Environmental Sciences (Bachelor of Science Hons)
- Accounting (Bachelor of)
- Civil Engineering (Bachelor of Engineering)
- Public Management (Post Graduate Diploma)
- Internal Auditing (Bachelor of Technology)
- Accounting (Bachelor of Hons)
- Internal Auditing (Bachelor of Hons)
- Cost and Management Accounting (Bachelor of Technology)
- Local Government Law and Administration (Diploma)
- Internal Auditing (National Diploma)
- Local Government Finance (Diploma)
- Environmental Health (Diploma)
- Electrical Engineering (National Diploma)
- Public Accountability (National Diploma)
- Local Governance and Management (Advanced Certificate)
- Civil Engineering specialising in: Construction Engineering, Environmental Engineering,
- Urban Engineering, Transport, Water (National Diploma)
- Accounting (Diploma)
- Building (National Diploma)
- Town and Regional Planning (Bachelor of Hons)
- Local Government Finance (Bachelor of Technology)
- Environmental Sciences (Bachelor of Science)
- Public Management and Administration (Diploma)
- Environmental Health (Bachelor of)
Before moving forward with their applications, candidates who have expressed interest in the LGSETA (Local Government Sector Education and Training Authority) Bursaries are required to demonstrate that they meet certain eligibility requirements. The answers to each of the questions that follow will indicate whether or not you are qualified to move forward with this learnership. Candidates are strongly encouraged to ensure that their applications meet all of the requirements outlined in the following paragraphs.
The LGSETA (Local Government Sector Education and Training Authority) Bursaries Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
- Students from South Africa and students who are living with a permanent residence status
- Students who are currently pursuing their education in University, University of Technology, TVET Colleges (NATED programmes) or Grade 12 students who have recently been accepted in higher learning institutions
- Students who are enrolled in a program leading to a qualification that is appropriate for employment in the local government sector
- Preference is offer to students who are pursuing their studies within the bursary’s scope
- Only students who are enrolled in school full time will be eligible for financial support.
Apply online: LGSETA (Local Government Sector Education and Training Authority) Bursaries 2024.
Read also the LGSETA User Guide (.pdf).
To access the aforementioned web address from your computer, it is strongly suggested that you utilize Google Chrome as your web browser (see above).
You can also submit your application by using your smartphone instead of your computer because this method is significantly more convenient. You can use Google Chrome as your web browser if you are working with an Android operating system on your handheld device. You don’t need to install any other browsers on your phone because Google Chrome comes pre-installed in handsets running the Android operating system.
Candidates are required to create an account for themselves on the application portal before they can submit their applications. Throughout the entirety of the process of registering for this course, it will be necessary to sign into this account.
By submitting your applications, you are giving the selection committee permission to use your personal information for the purpose of registering you for the event. This can include things like your name, address, and email address.
In order to verify the authenticity of the applications submitted by applicants, those submissions will go through a series of additional screening and verification steps. In the event that it is discovered that an applicant has misrepresented any part of their paperwork, they will not be allowed to take part in the registration process.
Candidates are obligated to submit their applications through the website that is linked above. The committee in charge of selecting winners will not consider any materials that have been submitted through alternative channels, such as hand delivery or fax.
Applications for the LGSETA (Local Government Sector Education and Training Authority) Bursaries must be submitted before the closing date on 08 November 2023.
By registering in advance, you can ensure that your application will be secure as soon as possible. The objective of this is to guarantee that you will maintain a secure position throughout the recruitment phase; however, this does not guarantee that you will be successful right away.
There will be no consideration given to candidates whose applications are received after the deadline by the selection committee. After the deadline has passed, any submissions that were sent in will be automatically disqualified.
Announcements will only be made to shortlisted candidates only. If you do not hear back from the selection committee within 3 months past your submissions, we regret to inform you that you have not been chosen for the bursary.
LGSETA, which stands for the Local Government Sector Education and Training Authority, has the authority to decide whether or not to offer a job position to any individual. The decisions that the selection committee comes to are irrevocable in every case.
Do you have a question regarding the LGSETA (Local Government Sector Education and Training Authority) Bursaries? Don’t hesitate to ask! Feel free to send in your enquiries and concerns to the contact person below:
Email address: [email protected] (DG Secretariat)