About Rand Water
Rand Water is recognised as the largest bulk water provider in Africa and one of the biggest in the world, servicing more than 11 million people across Gauteng, parts of Mpumalanga, the Free State, and the North West. Rand Water is a subsidiary of the Rand Corporation. In order to make its water accessible for human use, Rand Water gathers and purifies water from its catchments.
The company strives to continuously surpass the expectations of its customers, partners, and the government by improving their ability to recruit, develop, and retain cutting-edge talents in the water business while maintaining a good financial performance.
About the Rand Water Job Vacancy as Artisan Assistant 2023
Rand Water is offering a unique job opportunity specifically for candidates who are interested in becoming Artisan Assistant for either Plumbing or Welding. The Rand Water Job Vacancy as Artisan Assistant will require you to have prior knowledge in the respective Plumbing or Welding field, and will be specifically searching for individuals who have a qualification in either one of the fields.
Additionally, you will need to perform the following duties:
- Providing assistance in the maintenance and repairs of the pipeline components
- Perform general maintenance duties by loading and unloading the necessary equipment
- Perform general cleaning of your tools and require equipment
- Conduct sound safety and housekeeping duties.
Please be kindly informed that the number of positions are available below:
- X3 Artisan Assistant in Transport (Ref No. RAN230810-1)
- X1 Artisan Assistant in Motor Mechanic (Ref No. RAN230811-1).
If you’re certain of joining the Rand Water Job Vacancy as Artisan Assistant, feel free to sign up! If you are still unsure whether you’d make a good fit, don’t worry. All you have to do is check the requirements below and re-check your qualifications with the selection committee’s standards. If you’d like to stand a chance of acceptance, make sure you fulfill all of the criteria that are mentioned. Failure to do so might not get you automatically disqualified, but it could reduce your chances of acceptance.
The Rand Water Job Vacancy as Artisan Assistant Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
1. Requirements (Transport)
- Complete your Grade 12 education
- Obtain a Code EC Driver’s license along with a PrDP endorsement
- Garner 6 months of experience in a comparable setting
- Demonstrate your capability to aid artisans in minor repair tasks
- Acquire familiarity with fundamental mechanical principles.
2. Requirements (Motor Mechanic)
- Attain either your Grade 12 qualification or an N3 certification
- Accumulate a 2-year experience in a mechanical workshop setting
- Showcase your proficiency in conducting minor services and repairs
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of safety protocols and secure work practices
- Consider that possessing a Code C1 driver’s license might offer an extra benefit.
3. Work Attributes
- Provide aid in the maintenance and repair tasks involving fleet assets
- Carry out cleaning responsibilities for the workshop, work areas, and equipment
- Be prepared for standby duties as required
- Undertake general maintenance tasks as needed
- Possess a strong awareness of safety protocols
- Display familiarity with fundamental concepts pertinent to the job role
- Show your capability to perform minor mechanical repairs
- Exhibit effective communication skills
- Demonstrate a commitment to achieving high levels of performance
- Collaborate effectively within a team environment
- Embrace a customer service-oriented approach.
- Rand Water Job Vacancy as Artisan Assistant 2023 – Transport (Closing date: 24 August 2023)
- Rand Water Job Vacancy as Artisan Assistant 2023 – Motor Mechanic (Closing date: 25 August 2023)
It is advised that you use Google Chrome as your browser to access the above-mentioned website.
To submit their applications, candidates must first register on the application platform. This account will be needed during the registration process.
Keeping your account details secure will assist to keep your account safe at all times. Never give away your account details, particularly your password, to anybody else.
As an alternative, you may register with Google, Facebook, or LinkedIn. By not having to establish an account from start, you will save a huge amount of time.
It will be reviewed by the whole screening committee, which includes you, and any information you provide will be kept strictly secret. As a consequence, you should conduct a comprehensive check to ensure that no false information is provided. If there is evidence that candidates are supplying false information, they may be put in a potentially dangerous scenario.
The information you give will be used by the selection committee to register you for the event. By submitting your applications, you authorize the committee to use your personal information for this purpose.
Candidates must submit their applications using the above-mentioned website. Attempts to submit papers via other methods, such as hand delivery or fax, will be rejected by the application committee.
Applications for the Rand Water Job Vacancy as Artisan Assistant must be submitted before the closing dates on 24 & 25 August 2023.
It is possible to guarantee that your application is protected as soon as possible by registering as soon as feasible. However, this does not guarantee immediate success and is just designed to give you with a stable position during the recruitment process.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted by the selection committee. Candidates that submit their applications after the deadline will not be considered. All submissions submitted after the deadline will be discarded without further consideration.
Rand Water has the right to offer or refuse employment to anybody at any time in its sole and absolute discretion. The decisions of the choosing committee are final and binding on all parties engaged in the process.