About KZN Dept of Transport
The KwaZulu-Natal Department of Transport plays a pivotal role in the development and maintenance of an efficient transportation system within the province. With a commitment to ensuring safe and reliable mobility, the department oversees a range of initiatives and programs aimed at enhancing the transport infrastructure and services for the residents of KwaZulu-Natal. From road networks to public transit systems, the department works towards creating sustainable and accessible transportation options that contribute to the overall socio-economic development of the region.
In addition to its operational responsibilities, the KZN Department of Transport actively engages in community-focused endeavors. This includes initiatives such as the provision of bursaries to support students from the province in pursuing tertiary education in specified fields. By investing in the education and development of its residents, the department seeks to empower individuals to contribute meaningfully to the growth and progress of both the transport sector and the broader community in KwaZulu-Natal.
About the KZN Dept of Transport Bursaries 2024
The KZN Dept of Transport is offering candidates the chance to obtain financial aid to support their education journey with their generous bursary programmes. The KZN Dept of Transport Bursaries is extending financial support to students residing in KwaZulu-Natal who are keen on pursuing tertiary education in specified fields of study.
The KZN Dept of Transport Bursaries are available for the fields below:
- X10 Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- X2 Bachelor of Science in Geographic Information
- X5 BCom Transport Economics
- X3 Project Management
- X2 BCom Law
It is incumbent upon the students to independently seek admission to a tertiary institution and arrange accommodation, including University residence. Successful applicants will enter into a contractual agreement for a duration equivalent to the length of their study period. The bursary covers full-time study at a public institution and includes support for tuition fees, meals, accommodation, and prescribed textbooks as required.
Additionally, students are obligated to serve the relevant Department of Transport for a period matching the duration specified in the Bursary Contract, contingent upon available positions. It is crucial to note that funds are limited, and the success of all applicants is not guaranteed due to these constraints.
Do you believe you possess the qualifications required to apply for the KZN Dept of Transport Bursaries? Waste no time and submit your application promptly! Before doing so, carefully review the eligibility criteria for the position. These criteria serve as essential benchmarks to gauge whether you align with the requirements of a strong candidate. To assess your qualifications and enhance your chances of success, thoroughly examine the eligibility criteria outlined below. Meeting all the specified criteria is strongly recommended for ensuring a higher likelihood of a successful application.
The KZN Dept of Transport Bursaries Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
- Young individuals holding a matric/grade 12 certificate.
- Applicants should fall within the age range of 18-35 years.
- Candidates must be residents of the KwaZulu-Natal Province.
- Students with an acceptance/provisional acceptance letter from a public institution of higher learning are eligible to apply, especially those intending to pursue fields specified in this advertisement.
- Current students enrolled in programs aligned with the mentioned fields are also eligible.
- Preference will be given to applicants who plan to pursue their studies at institutions within the KZN Province.
- Individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to submit their applications.
Download the Application Form: KZN Dept of Transport Bursaries 2024.
Kindly complete the application form by entering your most pertinent details in the designated sections. Ensure that all personal information submitted is accurate and aligns with your current circumstances.
Additionally, the following documents are required:
- Certified copies of your Identity document (ID), as well as those of your parents or guardians, including death certificates where applicable.
- Certified copy of your Matric certificate or half-yearly assessment results (if currently in school) and a current statement of results if already studying.
- Proof of income and expenditure statements from both parents or guardians, or a letter from the Department of Labour confirming unemployment (payslip, pension receipt, bank statement, or SASSA letter).
- Proof of registration or an acceptance letter from the institution of higher learning.
- Proof of unemployment from the Department of Labour for both parents if they are unemployed, or an affidavit.
- Proof of residence.
Once everythingo is all set, please send in your applications via the addresses below:
- Postal Address: Private Bag X9043, PIETERMARITZBURG, 3200
- Physical Address: Inkosi Mhlabunzima Maphumulo House, 172 Burger Street, PIETERMARITZBURG 3200
By submitting your applications, you are expressly granting permission to the selection committee to use your personal information for the purpose of registration. The information you put in will be evaluated by the entirety of the selection committee. That’s why you should double-check to see if there is no false information. Any indication of candidates providing wrongful details might be put in a risky situation.
All applications will undergo comprehensive additional review and vetting processes to verify the legitimacy of the applicants. Individuals discovered to have provided false information on their application will be ineligible for registration during the designated registration period.
It is imperative that candidates exclusively utilize the provided portal for processing their applications. Submissions through alternative methods, such as hand delivery or fax, will not be considered or accepted by the selection committee.
Applications for the KZN Dept of Transport Bursaries must be submitted before the closing date on 24 November 2023.
The selection committee maintains a strict policy of not accepting applications submitted after the designated deadline. Submissions received beyond the closing date will not be recognized or considered throughout the registration period.
Communication will be restricted to individuals who have successfully secured the position. If you do not receive notification within four months from the closing date, kindly understand that your application has not been successful.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit their applications promptly. Doing so will allow sufficient time for a thorough review of the application contents. Please ensure that you prepare and submit your applications at your earliest convenience.
The KZN Department of Transport retains the discretion to either appoint or not appoint candidates throughout the recruitment process. The decisions rendered by the selection committee are conclusive and final.