About SANParks (South African National Parks)
The formation of South African National Parks (SANParks) falls under the purview of the National Environmental Management: Protected Areas Act, 2003 (Act No 57 of 2003). The core mission of SANParks revolves around overseeing the safeguarding of South Africa’s wealth of biodiversity, scenic landscapes, and associated cultural heritage. This mission is accomplished through the establishment and management of a network of national parks.
One of the pivotal strategic objectives pursued by SANParks is to foster increased community support, broaden accessibility, foster benefit-sharing, and contribute positively to the welfare of local communities. This strategic direction gives rise to the current call for applications for the bursary opportunity. This bursary initiative has been designed with the intention of aiding children who reside in communities neighboring or adjoining the National Parks.
About the SANParks (South African National Parks) Bursaries 2024
SANParks (South African National Parks) is seeking for candidates enrolling into their first year of undergraduate studies to obtain proper financial aid. The SANParks (South African National Parks) Bursaries program is committed to a selection process that extends beyond mere academic accomplishments. While academic merit remains a crucial factor, the program also places significant importance on fostering inclusivity and diversity within its recipient base. In this pursuit, the program aims to enhance the representation of underrepresented groups such as women, individuals with disabilities, and designated demographic categories.
This approach underscores the program’s dedication to creating a well-rounded and equitable environment that reflects the diverse fabric of South African society. Through this initiative, the SANParks Bursaries program not only acknowledges academic excellence but also recognizes the value of a diverse range of perspectives and experiences in contributing to the advancement of its objectives.
The SANParks (South African National Parks) Bursaries is available for Degree and National Dipomas in the fields of:
- Youth development
- Community Development and Development studies
- Tourism studies/Hospitality management
- Environmental Sciences including Nature Conservation, Environmental management
- Game ranch management
- Social Sciences
Do you feel assured about pursuing the SANParks (South African National Parks) Bursaries? Ensure your application is promptly submitted! However, prior to proceeding, it’s crucial to assess the eligibility criteria for the opportunity. These prerequisites will ascertain whether you are a fitting candidate. If you wish to evaluate your qualifications, kindly refer to the eligibility criteria outlined below. To enhance your likelihood of success, it is recommended to fulfill all the aspects listed below.
The SANParks (South African National Parks) Bursaries Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
- Candidates should hold South African citizenship
- Residing in communities neighboring National Parks, as outlined in their respective management plans
- Providing evidence of application and acceptance at a recognized Higher Education institution is a requisite for funding consideration
- Embarking on post-matric studies in 2024
- Pursuing proper qualifications within a TVET college
- Fall within the age range of 18 to 35
- For individuals currently enrolled in an Institution of Higher Education, achieving a 100% pass rate is essential for eligibility (having successfully completed all registered courses during the current study period at the university).
Apply via email: [email protected] (SANParks (South African National Parks) Bursaries 2024).
Candidates will need to send in the following items:
- Provide a motivational letter detailing the rationale behind your bursary request and specifying your chosen field of study.
- Submit an up-to-date and comprehensive CV.
- Include a certified copy of your identification document.
- Enclose a certified copy of your most recent academic transcript.
- Furnish an acceptance letter from an accredited public institution of Higher Education (University, TVET, College, University of Technology).
- Present evidence of your residential address.
- If you receive a social grant, attach an affidavit demonstrating that your income falls below the threshold.
Opt for the convenient option of submitting your application via email from your mobile device, offering greater ease compared to using a personal computer (PC). If you possess an Android-based portable device, utilizing the Gmail app on your smartphone allows you to effortlessly send emails inclusive of attached CVs or files, in addition to attaching any other essential documents.
When composing your curriculum vitae, ensure it encompasses all pertinent details, including accomplishments, proficiencies, and certifications.
Applicants are expected to adhere to the procedures delineated in previous sections when completing their applications. Applications submitted through non-standard methods, such as fax, will not undergo consideration by the committee vested with the authority to make employment determinations.
Applications for the SANParks (South African National Parks) Bursaries must be submitted before the closing date on 17 August 2023.
Make sure to promptly submit your applications to enhance your prospects of securing a position within the registration period. By doing so ahead of time, you can circumvent potential issues like heavy internet traffic or the risk of misplacing essential documents right before the deadline.
In order to be eligible, applications for the program must be successfully submitted prior to the stipulated cutoff date. The selection committee strictly adheres to a policy of not considering applications received after the deadline, and any submissions arriving after this point will not be taken into consideration for the available position.
If you haven’t received any communication by January 30, 2024, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Throughout the recruitment process, SANParks (South African National Parks) maintains complete authority in selecting candidates for employment. The decisions rendered by the selection committee are definitive and irrevocable under any circumstances.
Do you have a question regarding the SANParks (South African National Parks) Bursaries? Don’t hesitate to ask! Feel free to send in your enquiries and concerns to the contact person below:
- Email address: [email protected]
- Telephone number: +27 12 426 5166