About Ngodwana Energy
A 25 MW biomass energy plant at Ngodwana Mill, Ngodwana Energy is owned by Sappi Southern Africa to the tune of 30% of the company. The facility, which started operating in March 2022, uses screened waste from the mill manufacturing process as well as biomass salvaged from nearby plantations.
Burning up to 35 tonnes of biomass per hour in a boiler produces steam and powers a turbine, which then feeds energy into the national grid. The project’s environmental sustainability has been questioned, and we have addressed those issues.
About the Ngodwana Energy Bursaries 2023
Ngodwana Energy is encouraging South African students to participate in their bursary programmes to obtain financial aid to fund their 2023 academic year. The Ngodwana Energy Bursaries is a program that accepts participants from all backgrounds. You will be given the assistance you need as an awardee to pursue your academic degree. You are more than welcome to try out for this chance if you exhibit excellent academic performance and important traits as a student.
The Ngodwana Energy Bursaries is offering bursary programmes for Diploma and Degree students in the fields below:
- Accounting and/or Finance
- Business Administration
- Safety Management
- Human Resources Management
- Environmental Health
- Risk Management
- Environmental Management
- Information Technology (IT) and/or Robotics.
First and foremost, you must familiarize yourself with the Ngodwana Energy Bursaries eligibility standards. Each of these criteria will influence whether or not you would be an excellent candidate. In case you’d want to double-check your credentials, please refer to the list of qualifying prerequisites provided below. Ideally, if you want to enhance your chances of success, you should be able to meet all of the requirements on the following list.
The Ngodwana Energy Bursaries Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
- Officially reocgnized as a citizen of South Africa
- Currently betwen 35 years old
- Must have successfully accomplished your Matric qualification
- Currently enrolled or officially accepted to pursue a full-time study (Degree or Diploma) for the 2023 academic year at a South African higher education institution
- Obtained at least an average aggregate score of 60% for your latest studies
- Not obtaining financial assistance from any other bursary (including NSFAS)
- Currently not in student debt for more than 3 years
- Living in one of the areas below:
- Emakhazeni Local Municipality: Ward 7 Communities (Engwenya (Waterval Boven))
- Emakhazeni Local Municipality: Ward 5 Communities (Arlie, Hemlock, Sycamore)
- City of Mbombela Local Municipality: Ward 12 Communities (Berlin, Bhamjees, Elandshoek, Kaapsehoop, Ngodwana, Schagen, De Goedehoop Farm)
- City of Mbombela Local Municipality: Ward 14 Communities (Kankanyisa (Agri-Village), Lugedleni, Metaffin, Mbambo, Newstands, Skomsplaas, Sterkspruit, Woodhouse)).
Apply via email: [email protected] (Ngodwana Energy Bursaries 2023).
Candidates will be required to send in their applications to the email address above (make sure you put in the words “Ngodwana Energy Bursary 2023” in the email subject line).
You are required to provide clear copies of the documents below:
- A comprehensive letter of motivation
- A certified copy of your Identity Document (does not exceed more than 3 months)
- A legitimate proof of registration or acceptance at a higher education institution (must be provided on the institution’s letterhead)
- Your most updated academic track record or a complete statement of your results (1st semester resuts slip/Grade 11 final resuts slip/Matric certificate/Matric preliminary exam results)
- Legitimate proof of residence from one of the communities mentioned above
- Complete statement of your account issued by your higher education institution
- Proof of income from your parents or guardians (your most recent payslips if employed/affidavit if unemployed/pension).
All these documents must be included in your application dossier. Incomplete dossiers will automatically be disqualified from the registration process.
Alternatively, you can send your email application using your handphone, since it is much more practical than applying via computer. If you are using an OS Android handphone, you can use your Gmail app to send the emails and any CVs/files that needs to be attached.
By sending in your applications, you are hereby giving permission to the selection committee to have your personal information utilized for registration purposes.
Applications will be subjected to further evaluation and vetting procedures to verify the validity of candidates. Anyone discovered to be falsifying any aspects of their applications will be disqualified from the registration period.
Candidates must process their applications through the portal provided above. Submissions made through other methods, such as hand delivery or fax, will not be accepted by the selection committee.
Applications for the Ngodwana Energy Bursaries must be submitted before the closing date on 27 January 2023.
By enrolling as quickly as possible, you can make sure that your application is secured as soon as possible. This is just intended to provide you with a steady job during the hiring process and does not guarantee rapid success.
Candidates that submit their applications after the deadline will not be considered by the selection committee. All entries received after the deadline will be immediately rejected.
Ngodwana Energy has the right to offer or refuse employment to anybody at any time in its sole and absolute discretion. The decisions of the choosing committee are final and binding on all parties engaged in the process.