Truworths stands out as a leading fashion chain in South Africa, achieving notable success within the industry. The brand has established a widespread presence, with 728 locations across the nation and an additional 49 outlets extending beyond South Africa into other parts of the African continent. Operating under the umbrella of Truworths International, a publicly traded investment holding company on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE), Truworths functions as a department store chain, embodying a versatile retail concept.
Central to Truworths’ identity is a meticulously crafted business model, refined over numerous years. This model is underpinned by a unique and forward-thinking strategy that aims to foster sustainable growth in the dynamic and rapidly evolving landscape of the retail fashion sector. Truworths is recognized for its innovative approach, reflecting an authentically South African interpretation of global fashion trends. The brand sets itself apart through compelling styling, striving to align with and compete at the highest international standards in the dynamic arena of fashion.
About the Truworths Traineeships 2024
Truworths is offering candidates with the chance to obtain traineeships for candidates who would like to receive practical working skills within the field. Truworths is extending a valuable opportunity to individuals who aspire to acquire practical working skills within their chosen field by offering traineeships. This initiative is designed to provide candidates with a hands-on learning experience, allowing them to gain practical insights, industry-specific knowledge, and relevant skills.
The Truworths Traineeships are crafted to nurture and develop aspiring professionals, providing them with a structured training program that contributes to their personal and professional growth. By participating in these traineeships, candidates have the chance to not only enhance their theoretical knowledge but also to apply it in a real-world setting, preparing them for successful careers in their respective fields.
If you are confident about participating in the Truworths Traineeships, go ahead and sign up! However, if you are uncertain about your suitability, there’s no need to worry. Simply review the requirements provided below and cross-reference your qualifications with the standards set by the selection committee. To enhance your chances of acceptance, ensure that you meet all the specified criteria. While not meeting these criteria may not result in automatic disqualification, it could potentially diminish your chances of being accepted. Take the time to thoroughly assess your eligibility and align your qualifications with the selection committee’s expectations to increase your likelihood of success.
The Truworths Traineeships Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
1. Trainee Fashion Designer
- Obtain a fashion design qualification or a related qualification.
- Acquire knowledge of fabric and garment construction.
- Gain graphic design knowledge, as it would greatly benefit the buying teams in their product development efforts.
- Participate actively and provide hands-on suggestions for styling details, branding, and graphics.
- Utilize computer-aided design work, along with freehand sketching on programs like Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign, etc.
2. Trainee Buyer
- Attain a creative qualification, preferably in the field of fashion.
- Pursue a fashion degree or diploma for added preference.
- Cultivate a genuine passion for the dynamic world of fashion.
- Develop robust negotiation skills to navigate effectively in the fashion industry.
3. Trainee Fashion Graphic Designer
- Obtain a qualification in Graphic Design, Surface/Textile Design, Fashion Design, or a related field.
- Possess technical skills to design graphics specifically for fashion garments and fabrics.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of various print techniques, such as screen prints and digital prints.
- Stay informed and current on the latest branding and graphics trends for the season.
- Showcase proficiency in using Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign for design purposes.
4. Trainee Planner
- Acquire a B.Com, B.Sc, or a similar numerate tertiary qualification.
- Develop strong numerical, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Cultivate an orientation towards systems and technology.
5. Trainee Garment Technologist
- Obtain a tertiary qualification in clothing technology or possess related work experience.
- Gain additional advantage through experience with suppliers.
- Cultivate effective communication skills.
- Pay meticulous attention to detail.
- Develop problem-solving skills.
- Enhance assertiveness and influencing abilities.
6. Trainee Sourcing Coordinator
- Acquire work experience correlated with clothing technology.
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills.
- Possess knowledge of product supply and manufacturing processes.
- Exhibit excellent communication skills.
- Cultivate assertiveness and influencing abilities.
- Bring high energy to the role.
7. Trainee Risk Analyst
- Demonstrate a strong proficiency in analytics, commercial thinking, and the ability to present and communicate information effectively.
- Possess skills in manipulating and analyzing data using tools like SAS, SQL, or other data analysis tools, especially for complex modeling and forecasting purposes.
- Have exposure to predictive analytics processes, including but not limited to linear regression, decision trees, clustering, and scoreboard building.
- Trainee Fashion Designer – Ref. No. TRU230608-9
- Trainee Buyer – Ref. No. TRU230608-8
- Trainee Fashion Graphic Designer – Ref. No. TRU230608-10
- Trainee Planner – Ref. No. TRU230608-1
- Trainee Garment Technologist – Ref. No. TRU220913-3
- Trainee Sourcing Coordinator – Ref. No. TRU220831-9
- Trainee Risk Analyst – Ref. No. TRU220831-10
To access the specified website, it is advisable to utilize Google Chrome as your browser.
Candidates must register on the application portal to submit their applications, and this account is essential throughout the registration process.
Ensure the security of your account information to safeguard your account. Never disclose your account details, especially your password, to anyone else.
As an alternative, you can register using Google, Facebook, or LinkedIn, saving valuable time compared to creating an account from scratch.
The entire selection committee, including yourself, will review the information you provide, maintaining confidentiality. Therefore, perform a thorough check to ensure there is no misinformation, as providing misleading information may potentially endanger candidates.
The selection committee will utilize the information you provide to register you for the event. By submitting your applications, you are granting the committee permission to use your personal information for this purpose.
Candidates are required to submit their applications through the specified website. Any attempts to submit materials through alternative means, such as hand delivery or fax, will be rejected by the committee responsible for evaluating applications.
Applications for the Truworths Traineeships must be submitted before the closing date on 31 December 2023.
Secure the protection of your application by registering at your earliest convenience. However, note that this does not ensure instant success; rather, it aims to provide you with a stable position throughout the recruitment process.
The selection committee will not accept incomplete applications, and those submitted after the deadline will not be considered. Submissions received beyond the deadline, irrespective of their content, will be promptly discarded without further review.
Truworths retains the right to extend or deny employment at its sole discretion. The decisions made by the selection committee are conclusive and obligatory for all parties involved in the process.