Mazars is a multinational corporation that offers auditing, accounting, tax, and advisory services to customers operating in a wide range of different markets and sectors. This organization operates on a global scale, is fully integrated, and is completely autonomous. Mazars has over a thousand individuals working in South Africa, and they are spread out over 12 sites around the nation.
They are large enough to support listed customers thanks to the expertise of 23 000 staff members working in 90 countries, but they are still small enough to assist companies in growing and prospering within their own contexts. This is thanks to the fact that they are able to support customers in 90 countries. Mazars is present on all six continents, and it has representatives in 21 countries in Africa that are completely integrated, in addition to 6 countries in Africa that are regarded to be correspondents.
About the Mazars YES (Youth Employment Service) 2023
Mazars is offering YES (Youth Employment Service) programmes for applicants planning to pursue the fields of Audit, Accounting, or Internal Audit Assistant. The Mazars YES (Youth Employment Service) will require you to perform the duties below, based on the specific field:
1. Audit (Reference Number: MAZ221017-1)
- Carry out auditing on the field
- Produce work that is unambiguous, succinct, and free of errors
- Use technical competence
- Conduct data analysis in an efficient manner
- Finish filling out the timesheets
- Effectively manages his or her own time
- Maintains a watchful eye on both progress and performance in relation to set deadlines and budgets.
2. Accounting (Reference Number: MAZ221017-2)
- Carry out various administrative and general office tasks
- Maintain communication with both external and internal customers, as well as financial institutions and any other parties that may be important
- Help with the coordination of all of the information (filing systems, storing information, and retrieving it), and perform filing chores (manual and electronic)
- Transactions for clients that are processed and reconciled on a monthly or bimonthly basis from the source documents, as well as the submission of customer statutory returns
- Resolve questions raised by the Supervisor, Manager, or Partner regarding the evaluation
- Help with time sheets, expense claims, work-in-progress management, billing, and statement preparation dissemination as well as subsequent monitoring
- Ensure that all of the meeting details are taken care of
- Coordinate diary entries
- Put in your orders for lunch and any other refreshments as needed
- Contribute to the completion of ad hoc tasks.
3. Internal Audit Assistant (Reference Number: MAZ221017-3)
- Conduct risk-based internal audits in line with the standards set by the IIA and the methodology that has been authorized
- Make sure that the working papers you use adhere to strict quality requirements
- Clear review notes were brought up
- Bring up and keep track of the findings
- Carry out inspections of the procedures used by the customer, document such procedures, and then address the matter with the client
- Make sure you take minutes at the beginning and end of client meetings
- Participate in IAT training, and make sure to fulfill your CPD obligations
- Time should be correctly allotted and billed using the timesheets
- Actively bring to the attention of clients any delays or additional work that falls beyond the scope of the project
- Actively identify chances for cross-selling for managers to follow up on.
Individuals who have expressed interest in the Mazars YES (Youth Employment Service) are required to demonstrate that they satisfy certain eligibility requirements before moving forward with their applications. This is done before their applications can be processed. The manner in which you respond to each of the questions that are about to be presented will serve to determine whether or not you are qualified to continue with this traineeship.
The Mazars YES (Youth Employment Service) Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
1. Audit Requirements
- Studies in accounting are included in secondary education studies (preference)
- Accounting is a necessary subject for students in tertiary education, and basic auditing is also covered (preference)
- Proficient in Excel
- Capability to see tasks through to completion
- Outstanding ability with the written word
- Always act with complete honesty and sincerity
- Being proactive means having the ability to plan out initiatives and activities in a timely manner
- Capable of dealing with stress and obstacles in one’s path.
2. Accounting Requirements
- Qualification in accounting that is acknowledged by the industry (bachelor’s degree or national diploma)
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Constant vigilance and focus on providing the highest possible quality
- Must possess good planning and arranging skills
- Must be proactive and have strong skills in finding solutions to problems
- It is required that you have the ability to follow directions and norms
- Resilience to work in a fast-paced environment
- Good verbal and written communication abilities
- Prioritization of daily tasks and requests and management of daily workload to ensure that all tasks are finished for the day
- Resilience to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to do multiple duties simultaneously is required.
3. Internal Audit Assistant Requirements
- A Bachelor of Commerce degree coupled with appropriate internal audit qualification
- Planning to participate in the IAT Programme
- Previous experience in internal audit is preferred during the application process
- It is preferred that you have knowledge with internal audit software products and procedures
- A solid understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Willingness to travel when it is required to do so.
- Mazars YES (Youth Employment Service) 2023 – Audit
- Mazars YES (Youth Employment Service) 2023 – Accounting
- Mazars YES (Youth Employment Service) 2023 – Internal Audit Assistant.
If you want to access the website that was just mentioned, it is strongly suggested that you do so using Google Chrome as your browser. Candidates are required to first register on the application portal before they can submit their applications. Throughout the entirety of the registration process, you will be required to use this account.
You also have the option of signing up with Google, Facebook, or LinkedIn as an alternate. You will not need to start from scratch in order to create an account, which will save you a significant amount of time.
You can also submit your application by using your smartphone, which is a significantly more practical option than using a computer. If you have an Android phone, you can use Google Chrome as your web browser instead of the default one. Because Google Chrome is pre-installed on all Android devices, you won’t need to download or install any other web browsers on your phone.
It will be looked at by the whole selection committee, which includes you, and any information that you provide will be treated with the utmost discretion and privacy. As a consequence of this, you ought to carry out an exhaustive check to guarantee that no erroneous information has been included.
The committee in charge of selecting participants for the event will use the information you provide to register you for the activity. By submitting your applications, you give the committee permission to use any personal information you provide for the aforementioned reason.
Candidates are required to submit their applications by way of the website that was just mentioned. The application committee will not consider any materials that are submitted through alternative methods, such as hand delivery or faxing in a submission.
Applications for the Mazars Chartered Accountant Traineeship must be submitted before the closing date on 31 October 2022.
The committee in charge of making selections has an absolute zero tolerance policy regarding late applications. During the registration period, we will not acknowledge any submissions that are received after the deadline has passed.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit their materials as quickly as humanly possible. You will now have some time to conduct an accurate analysis of the information contained in your applications thanks to this development. Please have your applications ready as soon as it is convenient for you to do so.
During the selection process, Mazars may choose to make an appointment or not. This decision is within their discretion. The decisions that the selection committee comes to are irrevocable in every case.