About SAPS (South African Police Service)
The South African Police Service is the main law enforcement body for the Republic of South Africa (SAPS). Each province in South Africa elects a Provincial Commissioner, and the 1 154 police stations are divided according to the various provinces’ borders. The nine Provincial Commissioners directly report to the National Commissioner. The Wachthuis Building in Pretoria is home to the corporate offices.
By making responsible, efficient, and cost-effective use of all resources available to get the most out of them, SAPS seeks to establish a safe and secure environment for all South Africans. In order to guarantee that everyone has an equal chance of success and to promote the growth and reconciliation of the country, they also endeavor to enhance their own abilities as well as those of their fellow citizens.
About the SAPS (South African Police Service) Job Vacancy as Cook 2022
SAPS (South African Police Service) is providing candidates with the opportunity to obtain employment with their available job vacancy as a qualified Cook. The SAPS (South African Police Service) Job Vacancy as Cook is a remarkable chance for you to become a part of the accredited institution.
As a Cook, your responsibilities will indclude the following duties:
- Manage general mess issues
- Manage mess expenditures
- Mess management stock
- Prepare the kitchen with the necessary tools and utensils for cooking meals
- Plan and prepare food in accordance with a healthy menu
- Make sure the meal is properly prepared and presented on the platter
- Serving food and rendering waiter services
- Compliance with the kitchen’s safety and hygienic rules.
The SAPS (South African Police Service) Job Vacancy as Cook is available in the locations below:
- SAPS Academy Philippi, Western Cape: Ref No. HRD50/94/2022 (1 post)
- SAPS Academy Mthata, Eastern Cape: Ref No. HRD43/94/2022 (1 post)
- SAPS Academy Bisho, Eastern Cape: Ref No. HRD32/94/2022 (1 post)
- SAPS Academy Tshwane, Gauteng: Ref No. HRD54/94/2022 (1 post)
- SAPS Academy Bishop Lavis, Western Cape: Ref No. HRD37/94/2022 (1 post)
- SAPS Academy Ulundi, KwaZulu-Natal: Ref No. HRD57/94/2022 (1 post)
- SAPS Academy Arcadia, Head Office: Ref No. HRD7/94/2022 (1 post)
- SAPS Academy Addo, Eastern Cape: Ref No. HRD1/94/2022 (2 posts)
- SAPS Academy Paarl, Western Cape: Ref No. HRD19/94/2022 (1 post)
- SAPS Academy Chatsworth, KwaZulu-Natal: Ref No. HRD12/94/2022 (2 posts)
- SAPS Academy Roodeplaat, Head Office: Ref No. HRD25/94/2022 (1 post)
Selected candidates will be entitled to a salary of R181 599 per annum.
Candidates interested in the SAPS (South African Police Service) Job Vacancy as Cook must fulfill an eligibility criteria before proceeding with their applications. Each of these items below will determine whether you have what it takes to proceed with this position. To guarantee a successful application, candidates are advised to meet all of the following requirements. Failure to do so will cause disadvantageous consequences towards the overall result of your applications. Be sure to jot down these items for personal reference.
The SAPS (South African Police Service) Job Vacancy as Cook Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
1. General Requirements
- Have a working knowledge of two or more official languages, at least one of which must be English
- Recognized as a South African citizen
- No pending criminal or departmental proceedings must exist.
2. Specific Requirements
- Have a Senior Certificate (Grade 12) or a National Certificate (Vocational) at NQF level 4 as documented in the National Learner Record Database
- An advantage would be a certificate in catering or food preparation
- The capacity to use simple tools and devices
- Willing to put in extra time as needed.
Download the Official Application Form: SAPS (South African Police Service) Job Vacancy as Cook 2022.
Please complete the application online by entering your most pertinent replies in the applicable fields. All of the personal data you provide must be true and relevant to your current situation.
In addition to the original application, candidates must submit the following documents:
- An original Curriculum Vitae
- Copies of the documents below:
- Identity Document
Motor vehicle driver’s license (if applicable)
- Educational qualifications received
- Academic track record and service certificates of prior employers stating the post occupied.
- Identity Document
Any boards the candidate sits on, paid employment outside the public sector, career advancements and appointments, professional advancements, career history, current academic endeavors, and credentials must all be fully disclosed on the CV.
You authorize the selection committee to use your personal information for the purpose of enrolling you for the event by submitting your applications. Applications will go through further review and validation processes to ensure that the applicants are legitimate. Anyone found to have lied about anything on their application will not be allowed to register during the registration period.
Please send your applications via courier, hand delivery, or email once everything is prepared. You may look at the addresses on the Official SAPS Careers Website. Click on the “Public Service Act” tab and choose your preferred location.
Applications for the SAPS (South African Police Service) Job Vacancy as Cook must be submitted before the closing date on 02 December 2022.
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered by the selection committee. Submissions sent after the deadline won’t be recognized while registration is open.
Applicants are urged to submit their applications as soon as is practical. After that, you will have some time to carefully evaluate the data in your applications. Please get your applications prepared as quickly as you can.
Announcements will only be made to shortlisted candidates. If you do not hear back from the selection committee within 3 months past the closing date, we regret to inform you that you have not been chosen the the position.
The South African Police Service (SAPS) has the ability to schedule or forego appointments during the employment process. The decisions made by the selection committee are conclusive in every way.