With over 24 million consumers and 2 800 locations, the Shoprite Group is the most successful and biggest retailer of fast-moving consumer products in Africa. The satisfaction of their clients is their first priority, and they have made it their mission to provide items of the highest possible standard to each and every community at costs that are still within their means.
To keep up with the fast-paced environment in which they operate, it is necessary to make the consumer the focus of all they do in order to preserve their position as market leaders. Within the framework of this discussion, the Private Label Buying department is seeking to add a Buyers Assistant to their existing team of employees.
About the Shoprite Job Vacancy as Buyers Assistant 2022
Shoprite is offering an employment opportunity for passionate job seekers who are passionate about the world of Sales and intends to work as a Buyers Assistant. In order to be considered for the Buyers Assistant position at Shoprite, you will need to demonstrate that you can support the delivery of the Private Label and Imports strategic and commercial objectives by ensuring that all operational and administrative functions related to the buying process are carried out in an efficient and effective manner.
Your responsibilities as Buyers Assistant will also include:
- The DC Planner should be informed of any new items, and they should be supplied with ties and highs in accordance with the supplier listing form and master data
- It is essential that you keep the filing of invoices, costing papers, new product forms, and update paperwork according to each supplier up to date and precise
- Monitor and keep track of the progress and performance according to the KPIs, and either proactively fix concerns or escalate them to the Buyer as necessary
- When an item has been withdrawn by the provider or is no longer commercially feasible for export, delink or remove it from the DC
- It is essential that the right cost be placed into DC in order to provide the Planner the ability to purchase stock
- Always ensure that newly listed items are loaded into SAP Buying in an accurate and timely manner, as directed by the Buyer
- In order to ensure that the proper pack size, cost, and unit selling price are loaded onto the supplier vendor number, it is necessary to calculate and extrapolate the correct pricing for the various units of measure.
For application purposes, please kindly take note of the Shoprite Job Vacancy as Buyers Assistant’s Reference Number: SHO220622-7.
Candidates interested in the Shoprite Job Vacancy as Buyers Assistant must fulfill an eligibility criteria before proceeding with their applications. Each of these items below will determine whether you have what it takes to proceed with this learnership. To guarantee a successful application, candidates are advised to meet all of the following requirements. Failure to do so will cause disadvantageous consequences towards the overall result of your applications. Be sure to jot down these items for personal reference.
The Shoprite Job Vacancy as Buyers Assistant Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
- Has a Grade 12 qualification
- Shows at least 2 years of working experience in a relevant poisition, in which you have performed administrative duties and offered support to buying or planning procedures
- Understands how to work in a retail buying environment
- Displays knowledge using Microsoft Office 365 suite, especially with Excel, spreadsheets, and formulas
- Has prior experience using SAP Buying/Retail (advantageous).
Apply online: Shoprite Job Vacancy as Buyers Assistant 2022.
It is strongly suggested that you make use of Google Chrome as your web browser if you plan on going to the website that was just mentioned.
In order for applicants to submit their resumes and cover letters, they must first register for an account on the application portal. During the entire duration of the registration process, you will be required to use this account.
You can also submit your application by using your smartphone instead of your computer because this method is significantly more convenient. You can use Google Chrome as your web browser if you are working with an Android operating system on your handheld device. You don’t need to install any other browsers on your phone because Google Chrome comes pre-installed in handsets running the Android operating system.
Your account will be more secure at all times if you take the necessary precautions to protect the information associated with it. Under no circumstances should you ever reveal your password or any other account information to anyone else.
You also have the option of registering through Google, Facebook, or LinkedIn as an additional choice. You will not have to start from scratch when creating an account, which will save you a significant amount of time.
The information that you provide will be utilized by the selection committee in order to register you for the event. You are granting the committee permission to use your personal information for this purpose by submitting your application.
Candidates are required to submit their applications by way of the website that was previously mentioned in this sentence. The committee that is responsible for evaluating the application will not accept any materials that have been submitted in any other manner, including by hand delivery or fax.
Applications for the Shoprite Job Vacancy as Buyers Assistant must be submitted before the closing date on 06 July 2022.
Please ensure that your applications are submitted as quickly as possible. You can improve your chances of securing a spot during the registration period by submitting your information early. In addition, it prevents any unwelcome surprises at the last minute, such as sudden surges of Internet traffic or the loss of important documents.
Announcements will only be made to shortlisted candidates. If you do not hear back from the selection committee within 30 days past the closing date, we regret to inform you that you have not been chosen for the programme.
Applications for the program have to be turned in before the deadline in order to be considered. The selection committee will not accept any applications that are submitted after the deadline, and the program will not consider any submissions of this nature for consideration.
During the period of recruitment, Shoprite maintains complete discretion over who it chooses to hire. The decisions that the selection committee comes to are irrevocable in every case.