About CoJ (City of Johannesburg)
Gauteng Province is home to the City of Johannesburg Metropolitan Municipality. The hub of the South African and continental economies, Johannesburg is the most developed commercial metropolis in Africa. It is a metropolis with a distinct African flavor, top-notch infrastructure in the areas of telecommunications, transportation, water, and power, as well as facilities for health care and education that are competitive on a worldwide scale. The city, nevertheless, is also one of contrasts; it is home to both the affluent and the impoverished, locals and refugees, large corporations and up-and-coming businesses.
The city has expanded during the past ten years. The city’s continued appeal to those seeking better economic prospects and a higher quality of life from other provinces and abroad is a major factor in this. According to the population pyramid, young people make up the majority of the city’s population. This can be due to young people moving in search of employment from other regions of the nation. Job seekers from all across South Africa frequently make Johannesburg their first choice of location since it is regarded as the country’s economic center.
About the CoJ (City of Johannesburg) Roadworks & Maintenance Learnership 2023
CoJ (City of Johannesburg) is looking for unemployed individuals to fill in X400 positions to obtain a National Certificate in Construction: Roadworks. The CoJ’s (the City of Johannesburg) road maintenance program Learnership is an exceptional learnership that gives you the groundwork for this industry. You will follow a defined curriculum that alternates between theoretical exams and hands-on training sessions performed in actual workplace settings throughout the duration of the program. As you proceed toward a qualification, you will be urged to demonstrate significant improvement under the direction of qualified training providers.
The CoJ (City of Johannesburg) Roadworks & Maintenance Learnership comes with the following responsibilities:
- Communicate in a setting of road construction (verbally, in writing, and through signage)
- Math in the context of building roads (calculate amounts, plan work)
- Conduct general construction activities (as indicated in the unit standard chosen)
- Perform supplemental roadworks construction activities
- Perform team leader supervisory tasks (where such unit standards are adopted); Prospective and aspiring learners must reside in the areas
- Perform the supervisory duties of the team leader (where such unit standards are chosen)
- Perform supplemental roads construction operations
- Conduct general construction activities (as specified by the unit standard chosen)
- Prospective and aspiring learners must reside in the regions.
For application purposes, please kindly take note of the CoJ (City of Johannesburg) Roadworks and Maintenance Learnership 2023’s Reference Number: SAQA ID 24133.
Learners will be entitled to an allowance stipend of R1 500/month.
If you’re confident that you want to participate in the CoJ (City of Johannesburg) Roadworks & Maintenance Learnership, feel free to sign up! Don’t worry if you’re still wondering if you’d be a good fit. All you need to do is review the prerequisites listed below and double-check your qualifications against the requirements of the selection committee. Ensure that you meet every requirement outlined if you want to have a chance of being accepted. While doing so does not immediately disqualify you, it might lower your likelihood of being accepted.
The CoJ (City of Johannesburg) Roadworks & Maintenance Learnership Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
- Must be an unemployed youth
- Aspiring to learn new knowledge
- Must have a maximum of NQF Level 1 certificate and/or Grade 9 General Education and Training (GET) certificate and/or Adult Basic Education and Training (ABET) 4 certificate or any other such equivalent qualification or any SAQA recognized NQF 2 equivalent qualification
- Must be an official resident of the City of Joburg
- Be able to communicate verbally, by writing, and signs in a road construction environment
- Understands Mathematics (e.g. calculate quantities, set out work) in a road construction environment.
Apply online: CoJ (City of Johannesburg) Roadworks & Maintenance Learnership 2023.
To visit the above given website, it is advised that you use Google Chrome.
Your most pertinent responses should be typed into the corresponding fields on the application site. Your entire submission of personal data must be correct and reflect your current situation.
Candidates will also need to provide the documents below:
- Your most updated Curriculum Vitae or Portfolio
- A certified copy of your Identity Document
- A certified copy of your qualifications
- Application or motivation letter
- Legitimate proof of residency in Joburg (e.g. statement of water, lights, rates and taxes).
Your application dossier must contain all of these files. Documents that are not complete cannot be accepted.
Make sure your resume includes pertinent information about your qualifications, strengths, and skills. You have a great opportunity to introduce yourself in this document and explain why you should be selected as a candidate.
As an alternative, you can submit your application using your phone because it is much more convenient than using a computer. You can use Google Chrome as your web browser if you have an Android-powered phone. You don’t need to install any additional browsers because Google Chrome is pre-installed on OS Android smartphones.
The entire selection committee, which includes you, will review the information you submit. You should therefore double-check to make sure there are no false statements. Applicants may be put in a dangerous situation if there is any indication that they are providing false information.
By sending in your applications, you are hereby giving permission to the selection committee to have your personal information utilized for registration purposes.
To make sure that the applicants are real, applications will undergo further scrutiny and vetting procedures. No one will be permitted to register during the registration period if they are proven to have lied about anything on their application.
Candidates are required to complete their applications through the aforementioned site. The selection committee will not accept submissions sent by other channels, such as hand delivery or fax.
Applications for the CoJ (City of Johannesburg) Roadworks & Maintenance Learnership must be submitted before the closing date on 15 February 2023.
Sending in your applications as soon as you can is advised. You can increase your chances of getting a position during registration by submitting early. Additionally, it avoids any unwelcome last-minute occurrences like unexpectedly high Internet traffic or lost data.
Applications for the programme must be submitted before the closing date. Late applications will not be tolerated by the selection committee, and these kinds of submissions will be disqualified by the programme.
Announcements will only be made to shortlisted candidates. If you do not hear back from the selection committee within 6 weeks past the closing date, we regret to inform you that you have not been accepted to the learnership.
During the recruitment phase, CoJ (City of Johannesburg) has the full ability to appoint anyone. The selecting committee’s choices are final in all respects.
Do you have a question regarding the CoJ (City of Johannesburg) Roadworks & Maintenance Learnership? Don’t hesitate to ask! Feel free to send in your enquiries and concerns to the contact person below:
Telephone Number: +27 11 703 5513 (Thembelihle Nogemane).